• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
This is exactly the kind of story that needs to get mainstream. The situation was ended by a law-abiding citizen who simply presented his gun. No shot was fired and the violence was stopped. This is why we need to work on eliminating GFZs.

Gil223

This is old news, folks. It happened back in April, and was posted and discussed in April/May. However, your observation that it should have received national media coverage back then is spot-on! The media wouldn't want to give people the impression that a LAC with a handgun, actually stopped a violent assault. Not when there are so many more bad gun tales to tell.
:cuss:
Pax...

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
What really have been sweet would have been the hot chick saying "well, I'm going to get a gun now that I see its wise to have one"...

At least the guy averted a stolen knife charge (he bought it 10 sec before he started stabbing folks -- a crazy man who won't be a thief)

The suspect sounds like he needs mental health care.

I hope everyone recovers.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
well, the knife has a 30 day warranty ... just trying to get his money's worth.

Really, the guy was a loon. Sweet that a regular joe stopped him .. where were the police? That's right, 30 minutes away.

hahah

how many minutes?

well, the knife has a 30 day warranty ... just trying to get his money's worth.

Really, the guy was a loon. Sweet that a regular joe stopped him .. where were the police? That's right, 30 minutes away.

I
As I read this I did not read the police response time. what is with the cop hate? second thought...do you really want that many of them that they are everywhere all the time?

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Actually this is an old story that somebody evidently reported as if it happened this week. It is more like several months old.
The OP isn't to be faulted, because he likely saw this for the first time and the link gives appearance of a new story.
Whoever originally created that link is posting an old story as if it is brand new.

I will try to find info to learn when the actual incident took place.
Found it as far back as April 27th. It may be older, but I am uncertain of that.

Still, it bears repeating; a gun owner stopped a stabbing spree.
All of that being said, it is still worth noting that an armed citizen interceded to save lives.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Howdy Folks!
Actually this is an old story that somebody evidently reported as if it happened this week. It is more like several months old.
The OP isn't to be faulted, because he likely saw this for the first time and the link gives appearance of a new story.
Whoever originally created that link is posting an old story as if it is brand new.

I will try to find info to learn when the actual incident took place.
Found it as far back as April 27th. It may be older, but I am uncertain of that.

Still, it bears repeating; a gun owner stopped a stabbing spree.
All of that being said, it is still worth noting that an armed citizen interceded to save lives.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Happened Thursday, April 26th and was reported on OCDO previously - can't find the thread though. :cry: