• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kid pulls BB Gun; Adult pulls...

DocWalker

moonie

And the lesson we learned tonight kids is to ALWAYS OC, if these punks had seen a real pistol on the guys side they wouldn't have even approached him knowing not to put an air-soft up against a real gun. They would have moved onto another person that doesn't care about their safety and wallet.

But if he had been CC he would have had the tacticool advantage and could have taken the extra seconds to draw from concealment and shot them both...

:eek:

DocWalker

But if he had been CC he would have had the tacticool advantage and could have taken the extra seconds to draw from concealment and shot them both...

Again another reason OC is better than CC (I do both oc and CC). If he was OCing then there would have been NO situation at all as the punks would have found a softer target. I would rather the crooks just stay away from me and my family than for me to have to spend days justifying why I had to dispach with the crooks. Even though I would have been justified it is still a pain in the tookus.

davidmcbeth

Banned

H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S :cool::monkey

Just another example of the police being where they were needed .... 30 minutes away dealing with some a**hole who asked the cop what his social security number was ...

Ah, to be 16 again ....

moonie

H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S :cool::monkey

Just another example of the police being where they were needed .... 30 minutes away dealing with some a**hole who asked the cop what his social security number was ...

Ah, to be 16 again ....

/me takes a bow, you got my intention. Even though I have a concealed permit for my state I still open carry most of the time.

Wolfstanus

Kids are lucky he did not have a gun.
He is lucky the kids are stupid and didn't have a real gun.

I bet the parents are mad at the guy though.

hahah

Again another reason OC is better than CC (I do both oc and CC). If he was OCing then there would have been NO situation at all as the punks would have found a softer target. I would rather the crooks just stay away from me and my family than for me to have to spend days justifying why I had to dispach with the crooks. Even though I would have been justified it is still a pain in the tookus.

Clearly an over reaction to draw a firearm cause some kid had a bb gun. Good luck with that justification.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Clearly an over reaction to draw a firearm cause some kid had a bb gun. Good luck with that justification.

Obviously you haven't seen the BB guns that look very much like real guns. If you want to take that chance, be my guest. As for me I drawing until I'm damn sure there is no threat...

DocWalker

The Airsoft pistols look real, in Texas a few months ago a kid was killed by cops when he pointed one of them at officers. You go ahead and wait to see if it is a toy or real, you can tell when you start bleeding and stop breathing.

Freedom1Man

The Airsoft pistols look real, in Texas a few months ago a kid was killed by cops when he pointed one of them at officers. You go ahead and wait to see if it is a toy or real, you can tell when you start bleeding and stop breathing.

I have a cheap one some where and it looks real enough for me. If someone pulled it out and point it at me I would draw and likely fire.

CaptainHoneySmacks

They more realistic they make them, the more kids will want to buy them. Maybe I am crazy but, if a kid will pull a fake gun on a man to rob him - I am pretty sure he will do it with a real one when he is older and able to obtain one.

DocWalker

They more realistic they make them, the more kids will want to buy them. Maybe I am crazy but, if a kid will pull a fake gun on a man to rob him - I am pretty sure he will do it with a real one when he is older and able to obtain one.

The only problem with your theory is the kid shouldn't ever get any older than the day he pulled the realistic looking bb gun on a guy to rob him. If they guy he robbed was cc'ing than they kid should cease to age any further and if the guy was OC'ing maybe the kid would have passed and not tried to rob the guy in the first place. Then the kid could age normally.

Nicholas A.

Sadly the size, weight, color, and even feel of airsoft guns is nearly dead on. Without an orange tip the only way to really tell an airsoft handgun is in fact airsoft and not real is there is a small slightly copper colored inner barrel. To be honest I would not want to get close enough to be looking down the barrel of anything real or even airsoft, just my two cents

Roughneckreed

Google. Air soft sig 226, air soft glock, airsoft beretta.... You get the point. They are exactly the same as their real counterparts. Even holsters are universal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roughneckreed

You should do a little research on authentic airsoft guns. They are the exact same color, size and weight of their real counterparts. For that reason, I WILL NOT allow my son to have one, I think they should be made to look like toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk