Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kid pulls BB Gun; Adult pulls...

Kid pulls BB Gun; Adult pulls...

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbinator View Post
    And the lesson we learned tonight kids is to ALWAYS OC, if these punks had seen a real pistol on the guys side they wouldn't have even approached him knowing not to put an air-soft up against a real gun. They would have moved onto another person that doesn't care about their safety and wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    And the lesson we learned tonight kids is to ALWAYS OC, if these punks had seen a real pistol on the guys side they wouldn't have even approached him knowing not to put an air-soft up against a real gun. They would have moved onto another person that doesn't care about their safety and wallet.
    But if he had been CC he would have had the tacticool advantage and could have taken the extra seconds to draw from concealment and shot them both...

Quote Originally Posted by moonie View Post
    But if he had been CC he would have had the tacticool advantage and could have taken the extra seconds to draw from concealment and shot them both...

Again another reason OC is better than CC (I do both oc and CC). If he was OCing then there would have been NO situation at all as the punks would have found a softer target. I would rather the crooks just stay away from me and my family than for me to have to spend days justifying why I had to dispach with the crooks. Even though I would have been justified it is still a pain in the tookus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moonie View Post

H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S

Just another example of the police being where they were needed .... 30 minutes away dealing with some a**hole who asked the cop what his social security number was ...

Ah, to be 16 again ....

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S

Just another example of the police being where they were needed .... 30 minutes away dealing with some a**hole who asked the cop what his social security number was ...

Ah, to be 16 again ....
    /me takes a bow, you got my intention. Even though I have a concealed permit for my state I still open carry most of the time.

I love the one comment from Rayboy on the article site: "I call for stronger saws-all control laws."

Quote Originally Posted by twpetry View Post
    I love the one comment from Rayboy on the article site: "I call for stronger saws-all control laws."
    And people wonder why we go to the Home Depot armed....it is full of weapons.

Nice, but lucky for him the gun wasn't real.

McX
    paper, rock, scissors, stone, bb-gun, sawz-all.

Kids are lucky he did not have a gun.
    He is lucky the kids are stupid and didn't have a real gun.

I bet the parents are mad at the guy though.

Again another reason OC is better than CC (I do both oc and CC). If he was OCing then there would have been NO situation at all as the punks would have found a softer target. I would rather the crooks just stay away from me and my family than for me to have to spend days justifying why I had to dispach with the crooks. Even though I would have been justified it is still a pain in the tookus.

Clearly an over reaction to draw a firearm cause some kid had a bb gun. Good luck with that justification.

Quote Originally Posted by hahah View Post
    Clearly an over reaction to draw a firearm cause some kid had a bb gun. Good luck with that justification.
    Obviously you haven't seen the BB guns that look very much like real guns. If you want to take that chance, be my guest. As for me I drawing until I'm damn sure there is no threat...

The Airsoft pistols look real, in Texas a few months ago a kid was killed by cops when he pointed one of them at officers. You go ahead and wait to see if it is a toy or real, you can tell when you start bleeding and stop breathing.

The Airsoft pistols look real, in Texas a few months ago a kid was killed by cops when he pointed one of them at officers. You go ahead and wait to see if it is a toy or real, you can tell when you start bleeding and stop breathing.
    I have a cheap one some where and it looks real enough for me. If someone pulled it out and point it at me I would draw and likely fire.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

They more realistic they make them, the more kids will want to buy them. Maybe I am crazy but, if a kid will pull a fake gun on a man to rob him - I am pretty sure he will do it with a real one when he is older and able to obtain one.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHoneySmacks View Post
    They more realistic they make them, the more kids will want to buy them. Maybe I am crazy but, if a kid will pull a fake gun on a man to rob him - I am pretty sure he will do it with a real one when he is older and able to obtain one.
    The only problem with your theory is the kid shouldn't ever get any older than the day he pulled the realistic looking bb gun on a guy to rob him. If they guy he robbed was cc'ing than they kid should cease to age any further and if the guy was OC'ing maybe the kid would have passed and not tried to rob the guy in the first place. Then the kid could age normally.

Sadly the size, weight, color, and even feel of airsoft guns is nearly dead on. Without an orange tip the only way to really tell an airsoft handgun is in fact airsoft and not real is there is a small slightly copper colored inner barrel. To be honest I would not want to get close enough to be looking down the barrel of anything real or even airsoft, just my two cents

Google. Air soft sig 226, air soft glock, airsoft beretta.... You get the point. They are exactly the same as their real counterparts. Even holsters are universal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should do a little research on authentic airsoft guns. They are the exact same color, size and weight of their real counterparts. For that reason, I WILL NOT allow my son to have one, I think they should be made to look like toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The comments abouc OC versus CC are not helpful in this situation at all.

A Reciprocating saw, is almost impossible to wear concealed. They are notorious for printing unless you have a very unusual body shape. The danger of injuring yourself when drawing are significant, especially if you just put it inside your waistband without a holster.

I am from Milwaukee, hometown of the Sawzall. I have seen some terrible accidental discharge reports!
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Quote Originally Posted by E6chevron View Post
    The comments abouc OC versus CC are not helpful in this situation at all.

A Reciprocating saw, is almost impossible to wear concealed. They are notorious for printing unless you have a very unusual body shape. The danger of injuring yourself when drawing are significant, especially if you just put it inside your waistband without a holster.

I am from Milwaukee, hometown of the Sawzall. I have seen some terrible accidental discharge reports!
    You would also be able to tell if someone carry's a concealed saw by the long extention cord coming out of their coat.

You would also be able to tell if someone carry's a concealed saw by the long extension cord coming out of their coat.
    Nah, most are battery powered now.
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 09-06-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Nah, most are battery powered now.
    Agree but for those people out there that can't afford the kimber of the saws-all the power cord assisted Hi-Point saws-all is available at a reduced cost.

I've owned several airsoft guns, most of mine were solid black and looked quite real. Myself and some friends used to hold airsoft matches at this plot belonging to a church. basically the church built a mockup of an acnient town with streets and buildings. so that once a year they could hold a live drive-through nativity show. the pastor of said church was a cool guy and lets us play at his church's mockup town. so we'd walk from a parking lot down a residential street to this bethlehem mock-up in full camo carrying slung airsoft rifles that look just like those evil assault weapons and carrying holstered airsoft pistols that looked just like real berettas and sigs. never were bothered by the cops.

still even with orange tips I'd still be cautious. I've heard rumors of gang members putting orange tips on real guns before too, nothing confirmed of course, just rumors. but still, it could happen.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast