• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kid pulls BB Gun; Adult pulls...

E6chevron

The comments abouc OC versus CC are not helpful in this situation at all.

A Reciprocating saw, is almost impossible to wear concealed. They are notorious for printing unless you have a very unusual body shape. The danger of injuring yourself when drawing are significant, especially if you just put it inside your waistband without a holster.

I am from Milwaukee, hometown of the Sawzall. I have seen some terrible accidental discharge reports!

DocWalker

The comments abouc OC versus CC are not helpful in this situation at all.

A Reciprocating saw, is almost impossible to wear concealed. They are notorious for printing unless you have a very unusual body shape. The danger of injuring yourself when drawing are significant, especially if you just put it inside your waistband without a holster.

I am from Milwaukee, hometown of the Sawzall. I have seen some terrible accidental discharge reports!

You would also be able to tell if someone carry's a concealed saw by the long extention cord coming out of their coat.

EMNofSeattle

I've owned several airsoft guns, most of mine were solid black and looked quite real. Myself and some friends used to hold airsoft matches at this plot belonging to a church. basically the church built a mockup of an acnient town with streets and buildings. so that once a year they could hold a live drive-through nativity show. the pastor of said church was a cool guy and lets us play at his church's mockup town. so we'd walk from a parking lot down a residential street to this bethlehem mock-up in full camo carrying slung airsoft rifles that look just like those evil assault weapons and carrying holstered airsoft pistols that looked just like real berettas and sigs. never were bothered by the cops.

still even with orange tips I'd still be cautious. I've heard rumors of gang members putting orange tips on real guns before too, nothing confirmed of course, just rumors. but still, it could happen.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
E6chevron, as you are from Milwaukee, hometown of the Sawzall, I am interested in what kind of holsters are available for it. I like kydex, if available.

self preservation

I've owned several airsoft guns, most of mine were solid black and looked quite real. Myself and some friends used to hold airsoft matches at this plot belonging to a church. basically the church built a mockup of an acnient town with streets and buildings. so that once a year they could hold a live drive-through nativity show. the pastor of said church was a cool guy and lets us play at his church's mockup town. so we'd walk from a parking lot down a residential street to this bethlehem mock-up in full camo carrying slung airsoft rifles that look just like those evil assault weapons and carrying holstered airsoft pistols that looked just like real berettas and sigs. never were bothered by the cops.

still
HTML:
even with orange tips
I'd still be cautious. I've heard rumors of gang members putting orange tips on real guns before too, nothing confirmed of course, just rumors. but still, it could happen.

wonder if the orange tips is a law or just common sence?

hermannr

A couple of my teenage grandsons have some very realistic airsoft pistols. I don't know if they did it purposely, or not, but the orange tips are missing. I told them I did not think that was a good idea if they had removed the tips on purpose.

BTW: I also OC, and I believe that it is wise to allow those that might consider doing you harm to make an informed decision before they try. I know for a fact it has worked for me that way.