• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News talking about gun laws...add your input in the link

Bellum_Intus

Posted this:

Anyone remember the 10 year Assault weapons ban we had from 1994-2004 that did NOTHING to reduce violent crimes? The definition of insanity: Trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Banning guns because of a few bad apples is like banning beer because it creates drunk drivers.. Punish the criminal, not the tool. Why is it when this happens, Gun Control Advocates are hell bent on punishing gun owners THAT DIDN'T COMMIT THE CRIME!

--Rob

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Why (as if I did not know the answer already) do they insist on using FacePage/MyBook for the posting of comments? There are too many intrusions into my privacy to play with those entities.

stay safe.

Scotsman

Why (as if I did not know the answer already) do they insist on using FacePage/MyBook for the posting of comments? There are too many intrusions into my privacy to play with those entities.

stay safe.

I second that brother! I would like to comment on the whole gun control issue but I REFUSE to have anything to do with Facebook or any social media.

mahkagari

I stay out of the public debate on these sites altogether. I'm firmly of the opinion that people only post comments to hear their own voice. The site owners use it to drive and count hits to their site. NO ONE is reading comments because they are "on the fence". Nothin' I say is gonna change anyone's mind. Sure, maybe get some "votes" for my side. But who's counting? MAYBE some of the media who will cherry pick what they want anyway. But as far as changing public opinion? Nothing my sweet patootie posts is going to be worth it to take the time to write.

Bellum_Intus

I am all out there..
I don't care if the Government, news, people, whoever know who I am and what I believe..

I understand people not wanting to be public.. for me.. I don't care who knows .. I have firearms, I am trained to use them, and I protect my right to do so...

--Rob

davidmcbeth

Banned
Maybe move all the people who favor gun control laws move to one area of the nation and one's without any gun control laws to another.

The one with no gun control would have less crime and be a friendlier place to live.