• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a range

pfries

Yes Shooters Edge is nice, $350 for a year membership with unlimited range use.

Last edited:

SovereignAxe

The choices are few. If you want a cheaper option, the public range up by Watauga Lake is exactly 20 miles from the center of JC. I don't know what the address is or what to tell you to use for a google maps search, but I can tell you that it's located at 36.308024, -82.106983 (had to pull that from google maps lol)

It's unattended, only has three lanes (a 25, 50 and 100 yard), and is frequently full, but it's really cheap (drop something like $5 into a box and put a card under your windshield), and there's no caliber restriction.

bobkk

Opt-Out Members
Range

Try Cherokee In Kingsport. 75 a year and a maintenance fee of 20 or 4 hours work. Key card for the gate and can use it any time except before noon on Sundays. Two rifle or pistol ranger, Two shotgun ranges. Archery and a fishing pond. Meetings are first thursday each month. Also a meal is served on meeting night at 7 pm. Be a good time to check it out. Have to furnish your on target stand. For some reason the ones we had went AWOL. After age 65 it's cheaper.