Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mexican carry?!?!?

Mexican carry?!?!?

legal?! illegal??!?
    what are your thoughts on it?
    like open carry mexican carry.
    i have found it to be much more comfortable. being that it is almost impossible for me to find a holster that fits my gun.
    i have never mexican carried outside yet b/c i dont know if i can
    !

If you think IWB carry is perfectly fine (I do) then I don't see much of a difference. If anything I think a full sized gun in a pocket would be better than just tucking it in the waistband, I don't feel the waist of my pants give my firearm much support.

I usually only carry my firearm in limited circumstances around the house/yard.

Remember, it is your fault/problem/mess if you have a negligent discharge. Hopefully it would never happen but it is always a possibility, lessened if you have a proper holster.

What are you carrying? There should be a holster that fits firearm in that size range.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

i have a fnp40.that im trying to get rid of.i been to other forums and they seem to b having the same problems ive only open carried it around the house but it was in my waste ban i dont really keep one in the chamber but when i do i have a decocker on my gun so its a sa/da pistol. i have looked everywhere for one that fits, i just want to know if it is illegal to do that.

It's a good way to shoot yourself in the dick.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...w=1280&bih=653

As long as the grip stays exposed, it's legal. I wouldn't do it, but I like my dick.

hahah i dont put it in front i put it along my hip where the pants get tighter so it doesnt more and it fits great.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post

As long as the grip stays exposed, it's legal. I wouldn't do it, but I like my dick.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Gt5f7u3as

I guess it happens ... hehehe .... people found it humorous. But you shoot your pecker off and the cops still might want to press charges? That ain't cool.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by righttobarearms View Post
    i have a fnp40.that im trying to get rid of.i been to other forums and they seem to b having the same problems ive only open carried it around the house but it was in my waste ban i dont really keep one in the chamber but when i do i have a decocker on my gun so its a sa/da pistol. i have looked everywhere for one that fits, i just want to know if it is illegal to do that.
    If you don't carry with a round in the chamber you are carrying a really expensive Hammer. I done a quick search for holsters that would fit this firearm and there are numerous quality manufacturers that offer all types of holsters. I would reccommend the Comp-tac Minotaur IWB. I love this holser. Plus I don't think Mexican carry is the best idea, and carrying without one in the pipe is kinda defeating the purpose. By the time you got your firearm out of your pants, racked the slide, attained a firing grip, and got on target you would probably be in trouble. Please carry safely, and carry loaded.

The whole reason it is called Mexiacn carry is because that is how people in Mexico used to carry their firearms, and still do I am sure. If they saw police/military coming towards them they could ditch the gun in a hurry and come back to it later, and they didn't leave any evidence on their body that they had been carrying a firearm. Kinda sad I know, if they were only allowed to carry maybe all the rampant crime would dissipate, but that is a Totalitarian government for you.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Guns only discharge if the trigger is pulled, it does not matter whether it is in a holster of not. A good many police conceal carry by using the waste band, especially undercover. It does not work very well with revolvers, but if the pants fit snug autos are secure. As far as shooting in the dick, carrying with any gun even in a holster is uncomfortable worn in the front of the pants. Most carry with the gun just behind the hip. Unless one is using melted gun pocket carry seems to be more dangerous than using the waist. Good chance of the gun getting caught when needed out of stress.

Learn to draw with the finger outside of the trigger guard.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Guns only discharge if the trigger is pulled, it does not matter whether it is in a holster of not. A good many police conceal carry by using the waste band, especially undercover. It does not work very well with revolvers, but if the pants fit snug autos are secure. As far as shooting in the dick, carrying with any gun even in a holster is uncomfortable worn in the front of the pants. Most carry with the gun just behind the hip. Unless one is using melted gun pocket carry seems to be more dangerous than using the waist. Good chance of the gun getting caught when needed out of stress.

Learn to draw with the finger outside of the trigger guard.
    You are right. But, if the gun is in a proper holster that contains the entire trigger guard the trigger can't be pulled. If the gun is just setting in your waistband anything could pull the trigger. Your gun could slide up and down and get caught on your pants, on your shirt, it could fall out of your pants and the trigger could get caught on the way down, or it could just fall on the ground and be a major embarrassment. The responsible thing to do is get a holster; even a cheap nylon holster with a metal clip covers the trigger guard, and can be used to carry IWB. You can get a holster like this for $8-12 bucks.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Guns only discharge if the trigger is pulled, it does not matter whether it is in a holster of not.
    Or if they are dropped certain ways, or if the hammer is pulled back (without hitting the catch) and released or if something fails. I don't go sticking my penis under the hood of the car thinking "the fans aren't suppose to come on". I don't trust my tool to any machine. Even the best designed machine can fail.

Modern firearms implement enough safety mechanisms to make the accidental discharge highly unlikely but still a possibility. You decrease this possibility further by carrying it in a proper secured holster. Notice the use of the word "modern" think of any older firearms out there? If a firearm is treated properly, it can be passed down to your grandkids no problem, the only problem is it did not receive those safety upgrades accompanied by modern firearms.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    You are right. But, if the gun is in a proper holster that contains the entire trigger guard the trigger can't be pulled. If the gun is just setting in your waistband anything could pull the trigger. Your gun could slide up and down and get caught on your pants, on your shirt, it could fall out of your pants and the trigger could get caught on the way down, or it could just fall on the ground and be a major embarrassment. The responsible thing to do is get a holster; even a cheap nylon holster with a metal clip covers the trigger guard, and can be used to carry IWB. You can get a holster like this for $8-12 bucks.
    Everybody that has a negligent discharge blames it on everything thing but the finger. How does clothing without fingers pull a trigger within a trigger guard? Especially when triggers are usually at least 8lbs. It is the finger that is the problem, no matter how it is carried. Hell most guns now cannot even fire if dropped. Strikers are blocked, in revolvers hammers are blocked. And most guns will not fire without the trigger being fully pulled to the rear. 1911 the hammer is blocked by the thumb safety, the trigger bar is blocked by the grip safety, and if carried hammer down two actions have to occur for the gun to discharge.

It is the finger of fate responsible for negligent discharges.

Plaxico Burress anyone?

it is almost impossible for me to find a holster that fits my gun.
    There is a ten dollar Uncle Mike's for pretty much any size of anything out there. Not pretty or stylish, but it will get the job done.
    When I need to reach down for my sidearm I want to be sure it's in the same place every time.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    There is a ten dollar Uncle Mike's for pretty much any size of anything out there. Not pretty or stylish, but it will get the job done.
    When I need to reach down for my sidearm I want to be sure it's in the same place every time.
    I feel the same way when reaching for my gun...

Don't just stick it in your waistband. Spend thirty dollars and get yourself a High Noon Bare Asset IWB leather clip holster. They even have your gun listed. You won't be sorry. I've used High Noon holsters, both the Bare Asset and the similar tuckable (forgot the name) for an XD, a PF-9, and a Kahr CW9. They're great reasonably priced holsters.

*reads the last statement, looks to Flb, wiggles his eye brows*

*Opens mouth, starts to speak, quickly shuts his mouth, walks away.*
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Plaxico Burress anyone?
    +1

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Drake what did we say about molesting the newbies?
    "I couldn't decide if this was a resume, an online dating form, or just an introduction on a gun forum." flb_78

But, But, I just want to hug him, and squeeze him, and feed him, and call him George... ;-;
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

Newbie?

I think he's referring to your post count being under 900 or whateverthemagiccutofflineforforumranksisregarding postcounts.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

Newbie?
    Are you saying you have been internet molested by drake already? If this is your first time being molested by drake, then you are a newbie in that sense.

"legal?! illegal??!?" Legal

"what are your thoughts on it?" If you carry that way and have a ND you are responsible for all damages (insurance should not cover it). Simple. That's the way wearing seatbelts should be.

What ever happened to personal responsibility???

-R
    Last edited by rdinatal; 07-29-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Yea, I'm going to vote that carrying a gun in the waistband without a holster is just a dumb move. There is a holster out there for just about every gun. If you can't find one you can have one custom made. What kind of gun do you carry? Even if one wants to debate whether or not a holster helps reduce negligent discharges, you can't debate the fact that a decent holster will help keep your sweat off your gun.

Quote Originally Posted by rdinatal View Post
    "legal?! illegal??!?" Legal

"what are your thoughts on it?" If you carry that way and have a ND you are responsible for all damages (insurance should not cover it). Simple. That's the way wearing seatbelts should be.

What ever happened to personal responsibility???

-R
    Negligent discharge has nothing to do with holster or lack of holster. Can you give one cite that pants, or belt, or anything other than a finger causes negligent discharges? If someone has a ND they should take "personal responsibility" that they pulled the trigger.

Stop blaming it on other than what is the actual cause~that is as bad as politicians blaming guns for violence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast