• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mexican carry?!?!?

righttobarearms

legal?! illegal??!?
what are your thoughts on it?
like open carry mexican carry.
i have found it to be much more comfortable. being that it is almost impossible for me to find a holster that fits my gun.
i have never mexican carried outside yet b/c i dont know if i can
!

09jisaac

If you think IWB carry is perfectly fine (I do) then I don't see much of a difference. If anything I think a full sized gun in a pocket would be better than just tucking it in the waistband, I don't feel the waist of my pants give my firearm much support.

I usually only carry my firearm in limited circumstances around the house/yard.

Remember, it is your fault/problem/mess if you have a negligent discharge. Hopefully it would never happen but it is always a possibility, lessened if you have a proper holster.

What are you carrying? There should be a holster that fits firearm in that size range.

righttobarearms

i have a fnp40.that im trying to get rid of.i been to other forums and they seem to b having the same problems ive only open carried it around the house but it was in my waste ban i dont really keep one in the chamber but when i do i have a decocker on my gun so its a sa/da pistol. i have looked everywhere for one that fits, i just want to know if it is illegal to do that.

davidmcbeth

Banned

KYGlockster

Activist Member
i have a fnp40.that im trying to get rid of.i been to other forums and they seem to b having the same problems ive only open carried it around the house but it was in my waste ban i dont really keep one in the chamber but when i do i have a decocker on my gun so its a sa/da pistol. i have looked everywhere for one that fits, i just want to know if it is illegal to do that.

If you don't carry with a round in the chamber you are carrying a really expensive Hammer. I done a quick search for holsters that would fit this firearm and there are numerous quality manufacturers that offer all types of holsters. I would reccommend the Comp-tac Minotaur IWB. I love this holser. Plus I don't think Mexican carry is the best idea, and carrying without one in the pipe is kinda defeating the purpose. By the time you got your firearm out of your pants, racked the slide, attained a firing grip, and got on target you would probably be in trouble. Please carry safely, and carry loaded.

The whole reason it is called Mexiacn carry is because that is how people in Mexico used to carry their firearms, and still do I am sure. If they saw police/military coming towards them they could ditch the gun in a hurry and come back to it later, and they didn't leave any evidence on their body that they had been carrying a firearm. Kinda sad I know, if they were only allowed to carry maybe all the rampant crime would dissipate, but that is a Totalitarian government for you.

WalkingWolf

Guns only discharge if the trigger is pulled, it does not matter whether it is in a holster of not. A good many police conceal carry by using the waste band, especially undercover. It does not work very well with revolvers, but if the pants fit snug autos are secure. As far as shooting in the dick, carrying with any gun even in a holster is uncomfortable worn in the front of the pants. Most carry with the gun just behind the hip. Unless one is using melted gun pocket carry seems to be more dangerous than using the waist. Good chance of the gun getting caught when needed out of stress.

Learn to draw with the finger outside of the trigger guard.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Guns only discharge if the trigger is pulled, it does not matter whether it is in a holster of not. A good many police conceal carry by using the waste band, especially undercover. It does not work very well with revolvers, but if the pants fit snug autos are secure. As far as shooting in the dick, carrying with any gun even in a holster is uncomfortable worn in the front of the pants. Most carry with the gun just behind the hip. Unless one is using melted gun pocket carry seems to be more dangerous than using the waist. Good chance of the gun getting caught when needed out of stress.

Learn to draw with the finger outside of the trigger guard.

You are right. But, if the gun is in a proper holster that contains the entire trigger guard the trigger can't be pulled. If the gun is just setting in your waistband anything could pull the trigger. Your gun could slide up and down and get caught on your pants, on your shirt, it could fall out of your pants and the trigger could get caught on the way down, or it could just fall on the ground and be a major embarrassment. The responsible thing to do is get a holster; even a cheap nylon holster with a metal clip covers the trigger guard, and can be used to carry IWB. You can get a holster like this for $8-12 bucks.

09jisaac

Guns only discharge if the trigger is pulled, it does not matter whether it is in a holster of not.

Or if they are dropped certain ways, or if the hammer is pulled back (without hitting the catch) and released or if something fails. I don't go sticking my penis under the hood of the car thinking "the fans aren't suppose to come on". I don't trust my tool to any machine. Even the best designed machine can fail.

Modern firearms implement enough safety mechanisms to make the accidental discharge highly unlikely but still a possibility. You decrease this possibility further by carrying it in a proper secured holster. Notice the use of the word "modern" think of any older firearms out there? If a firearm is treated properly, it can be passed down to your grandkids no problem, the only problem is it did not receive those safety upgrades accompanied by modern firearms.

WalkingWolf

You are right. But, if the gun is in a proper holster that contains the entire trigger guard the trigger can't be pulled. If the gun is just setting in your waistband anything could pull the trigger. Your gun could slide up and down and get caught on your pants, on your shirt, it could fall out of your pants and the trigger could get caught on the way down, or it could just fall on the ground and be a major embarrassment. The responsible thing to do is get a holster; even a cheap nylon holster with a metal clip covers the trigger guard, and can be used to carry IWB. You can get a holster like this for $8-12 bucks.

Everybody that has a negligent discharge blames it on everything thing but the finger. How does clothing without fingers pull a trigger within a trigger guard? Especially when triggers are usually at least 8lbs. It is the finger that is the problem, no matter how it is carried. Hell most guns now cannot even fire if dropped. Strikers are blocked, in revolvers hammers are blocked. And most guns will not fire without the trigger being fully pulled to the rear. 1911 the hammer is blocked by the thumb safety, the trigger bar is blocked by the grip safety, and if carried hammer down two actions have to occur for the gun to discharge.

It is the finger of fate responsible for negligent discharges.

zoom6zoom

it is almost impossible for me to find a holster that fits my gun.
There is a ten dollar Uncle Mike's for pretty much any size of anything out there. Not pretty or stylish, but it will get the job done.
When I need to reach down for my sidearm I want to be sure it's in the same place every time.

WalkingWolf

There is a ten dollar Uncle Mike's for pretty much any size of anything out there. Not pretty or stylish, but it will get the job done.
When I need to reach down for my sidearm I want to be sure it's in the same place every time.

I feel the same way when reaching for my gun...

Manzanita

Don't just stick it in your waistband. Spend thirty dollars and get yourself a High Noon Bare Asset IWB leather clip holster. They even have your gun listed. You won't be sorry. I've used High Noon holsters, both the Bare Asset and the similar tuckable (forgot the name) for an XD, a PF-9, and a Kahr CW9. They're great reasonably priced holsters.