• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

After this video Romney has my vote... atleast for now

NMadole

[video=youtube;GgcoFi_Og68]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GgcoFi_Og68[/video]

Romney making sense... what is the world coming to

Ezerharden

he talks a good talk, but I will reserve judgment until after he takes office and see what he does, assuming he gets elected of course.

davidmcbeth

Banned
he talks a good talk, but I will reserve judgment until after he takes office and see what he does, assuming he gets elected of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GwIbyp4xBU

Never seen very many politicians say what Ice T says .. he knows ..

People who think Romney has "seen the light" or "will support gun rights for political reasons" will likely be disappointed. That's my judgment and I don't think it would change until he wins and then is out of office later.

Last edited:

Raggs

Voting on one criteria

I try not to vote for a politician based on one criteria, especially a politician such as Mr Romney who has been known to change his opinion on what he stands for far to often.

NMadole

I classify myself as a libertarian... But there are no viable libertarian candidates ... I've been on the fence and its really just choosing the lesser of two evils at this point ....

stainless1911

Banned
Me too. Mitt is a piece of ****.

I am voting against Obama this term. Any vote other than for Mitt, is a vote for Obama. History shows that people who dont want Obama will vote him into office by wasting their vote on principal. It will happen this year too.

mwaterous

If I felt he believed the words... if I felt it wasn't a prepared question with a prepared answer written by a prepared panel of public relations personnel...

TheQ

Lesser of two evils?

I don't vote for evil and I won't for Obamney.

It'll be harder for a real conservative like Rand or Justin Amash to defeat an incumbent Romney in 2016 than a lot of non-incumbent Republicans. If someone is gonna drive the country into the shitter (and they both will), I'd rather it not be a Republican...it sullies the party and destroys the conservative base.

detroit_fan

SCOTUS majority

2012 is about 1 thing in my opinion, and that is control of the SCOTUS. If obama is reelected he will most likely be able to flip the SCOTUS to a liberal majority, and then we will see Heller and McDnald overturned.

I don't like Mitt, but I will vote for him because there is no way I want to risk a liberal majority SCOTUS.

I hope the rest of you at least consider that before you vote.

budlight

For the record, I never voted for Obama and never would. He is probably the most anti-gun president ever. When he was a senator he held a record for voting for the most gun control laws. Obama clearly does not support the 2nd Amendment.

Also to be a president you have to be a natural born citizen. It took him two years (probably Photo Shopped) to produce a birth certificate. I really doubt he is a natural born citizen.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Lesser of two evils?

I don't vote for evil and I won't for Obamney.

It'll be harder for a real conservative like Rand or Justin Amash to defeat an incumbent Romney in 2016 than a lot of non-incumbent Republicans. If someone is gonna drive the country into the shitter (and they both will), I'd rather it not be a Republican...it sullies the party and destroys the conservative base.

You do bring up a good point. I was just telling someone that since I don't believe either of the two candidates have any real focus on how to lead the economy out of this mess, if Obama won and the economy stayed on it's current course, his ideas will be shown to be a failure and the next election will be decisive. But, if Romney is elected, and the economy continues to slide, his very, very small differences from Obama will be translated to "The republican plan didn't work", and we will probably have a carbon copy of Obama for many elections after this one.

If you look at the record for either one, there is really little difference between the two... see firearms, healthcare, etc.

Romney says he supports the 2nd Amendment, but passed an assault weapons ban in Massachusetts; stated he is not friends with the NRA and won't listen to them; and pushed for universal healthcare in his state. He also supports big business by giving them favorable treatment in the tax code.

Obama says he supports the second amendment but has voted against many pro-2a bills while senator and pushed anti-2A rules for executive departments, supports an "assault weapons" ban, and pushed for universal healthcare. He says he is for the little guy, but has passed and supports many policies that give favorable treatment to big business (eg the healthcare law mandates purchasing from large insurance companies, tax code, etc)

Right now, Romney is saying some of the right things regarding firearms (generally, Obama does too), but he has been known to do that and, once in office, that's another story. My anger is that with all of the criticism that has been heaped upon Obama for the last 4 years, it seems that the Republicans could have come up with a better candidate. Is Romney the really the best they could do?? Why when I look at either of the two's policies/plans don't I see any difference?? I think the Republican Party and the Democrats are one in the same..a "one-party" system that is not based on ideology, rather on who you want to bankroll your election.

Thinking closer to home, I'm STILL waiting for the republican's to do something regarding firearm laws in Michigan. Here we are, nearing the end of a session that has seen nothing of substance come of it. For all the 2a chest thumping the Republicans seem to do, I haven't seen anything from them indicating that they really support the 2nd amendment. As I understand it, this problem is nationwide... I believe South Carolina's gun groups are incensed that, like ours, their Republican majority sate legislature has done next to nothing.

When will people understand that neither party has your interests in mind? (unless you happen to be a major donor)
If you have the cash, I'm sure EITHER one will be happy to accommodate you.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

You do bring up a good point. I was just telling someone that since I don't believe either of the two candidates have any real focus on how to lead the economy out of this mess, if Obama won and the economy stayed on it's current course, his ideas will be shown to be a failure and the next election will be decisive. But, if Romney is elected, and the economy continues to slide, his very, very small differences from Obama will be translated to "The republican plan didn't work", and we will probably have a carbon copy of Obama for many elections after this one.

If you look at the record for either one, there is really little difference between the two... see firearms, healthcare, etc.

Romney says he supports the 2nd Amendment, but passed an assault weapons ban in Massachusetts; stated he is not friends with the NRA and won't listen to them; and pushed for universal healthcare in his state. He also supports big business by giving them favorable treatment in the tax code.

Obama says he supports the second amendment but has voted against many pro-2a bills while senator and pushed anti-2A rules for executive departments, supports an "assault weapons" ban, and pushed for universal healthcare. He says he is for the little guy, but has passed and supports many policies that give favorable treatment to big business (eg the healthcare law mandates purchasing from large insurance companies, tax code, etc)

Right now, Romney is saying some of the right things regarding firearms (generally, Obama does too), but he has been known to do that and, once in office, that's another story. My anger is that with all of the criticism that has been heaped upon Obama for the last 4 years, it seems that the Republicans could have come up with a better candidate. Is Romney the really the best they could do?? Why when I look at either of the two's policies/plans don't I see any difference?? I think the Republican Party and the Democrats are one in the same..a "one-party" system that is not based on ideology, rather on who you want to bankroll your election.

Thinking closer to home, I'm STILL waiting for the republican's to do something regarding firearm laws in Michigan. Here we are, nearing the end of a session that has seen nothing of substance come of it. For all the 2a chest thumping the Republicans seem to do, I haven't seen anything from them indicating that they really support the 2nd amendment. As I understand it, this problem is nationwide... I believe South Carolina's gun groups are incensed that, like ours, their Republican majority sate legislature has done next to nothing.

When will people understand that neither party has your interests in mind? (unless you happen to be a major donor)
If you have the cash, I'm sure EITHER one will be happy to accommodate you.

Romney was chose because there was doubts independents and moderates would not vote for the other choices. And that is the segment that will decide the election. Hard right are not going to change, nor is hard left, it is that middle ground that is the deciding. The problem with Romney is not his background or past or what he says now but his personality, or lack of. He needs to spend some time studying Bill Clinton, or maybe hiring a personality coach.

stainless1911

Banned
like Rand or Justin Amash

Who?

'nuff said

2012 is about 1 thing in my opinion, and that is control of the SCOTUS. If obama is reelected he will most likely be able to flip the SCOTUS to a liberal majority, and then we will see Heller and McDnald overturned.

I don't like Mitt, but I will vote for him because there is no way I want to risk a liberal majority SCOTUS.

I hope the rest of you at least consider that before you vote.

Exactly.