• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisville Zoo

Jbale22

Taking the family out to the zoo later today, has anyone OC'ed there? Had any problems? Couldn't find anything on their web page about any rules of if they prohibit weapons.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
They tried banning firearms before, but that was taken care of by KC3 I believe. It is ok to OC there. If they try to say something about it just bring up the letter KC3 attorneys sent to the zoo regarding the issue.

Jbale22

Just a quick OC report, didn't see any signs up, and was a very pleasant experience. Still had the
occasional glance from people but no comments from employees or anyone for that matter. Very nice day and was able to enjoy our day without any hassle. Thanks again for the info incase it was necessary if I was confronted.

P95

The Louisville Zoo has tried on four different occasions to prohibit guns, sometime just concealed guns other times all guns. Each time they have failed, because they were forced to obey the law. The last time they claimed to be a school, since schools had trips to the zoo. We haven't had any problems with them for a while, but I suspect we will hear from them again. I go there from time to time just to see what they are up to. Thanks for the assistance. No need for me to go for a while, now.

In other words...you go there from time to time hoping for a confrontation....and let me guess...you carry a video camera hoping for some YT footage.

flb_78

In other words...you go there from time to time hoping for a confrontation....and let me guess...you carry a video camera hoping for some YT footage.

Apparently, you do not know to who you are speaking. GutShot tirelessly fights for gun rights in Kentucky. He does more than probably most on this board.

09jisaac

Hahaha. If Gutshot wanted a confrontation, he can easily a more volatile place to make a video.

Apparently, you do not know to who you are speaking. GutShot tirelessly fights for gun rights in Kentucky. He does more than probably most on this board.

Probably? You and I know the sentence would be correct without the "probably". I have done more than most, and I have not done much.

KYGlockster

Activist Member

Incorrect smarty! He goes there to make sure the public owned facility is not violating the public's rights! You know, the same rights you exercise when you OC, or perhaps, based on your comments in the past you are a troll? You should really get that attitude in check. Even if he did go there with his Video camera wanting a confrontation he is well within his RIGHTS to do so! One day you will be on the receiving end of police misconduct, or some other form of oppression, then you will know why everyone else believes in rights and fights for them. You my friend need to learn a LOT when it comes to respecting your elders.

And you are right flb, he has. Gutshot was fighting for the rights of Kentuckians before P95 was brought into this World I'm sure.

Last edited:

boomer92266

Incorrect smarty! He goes there to make sure the public owned facility is not violating the public's rights! You know, the same rights you exercise when you OC, or perhaps, based on your comments in the past you are a troll? You should really get that attitude in check. Even if he did go there with his Video camera wanting a confrontation he is well within his RIGHTS to do so! One day you will be on the receiving end of police misconduct, or some other form of oppression, then you will know why everyone else believes in rights and fights for them. You my friend need to learn a LOT when it comes to respecting your elders.

And you are right flb, he has. Gutshot was fighting for the rights of Kentuckians before P95 was brought into this World I'm sure.

+1

davidmcbeth

Banned
I would guess that many carriers are calmer and more patient with people when carrying...does not mean that they are necessarily changing their habits to avoid unpleasantness but there is no need to escalate emotions during normal or even abnormal everyday events.

I think that some anti-gunners think that people who carry are all "Jessie James" when its just the opposite.

Guns making good neighbors is a true fact. My friendliest neighbors have all been fellow gun owners.