• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coming to Florida for Visit and have a question or two.

rscottie

We are taking a family vacation to Florida soon and I had a question.

For starters, I have a KY CCDW License that is recognized by Florida.

I have heard stories about people getting in to big trouble just for having their firearm "Print".

Are these stories true and it is illegal to accidently "print"?

Last edited:

77zach

We are taking a family vacation to Florida soon and I had a question.

For starters, I have a KY CCDW License that is recognized by Florida.

I have heard stories about people getting in to big trouble just for having their firearm "Print".

If you search Fl statutes you will find no law against printing. It is also ok to openly carry "briefly". People do get in big trouble for printing/exposure, and it seems to be getting worse. They get in trouble because many LEOs are against mundanes carrying firearms period. We should thank these LEOs, though, because they're going to help us get OC here.

Last edited:

ADulay

No, printing is not illegal in Florida. In fact, it's a non-event.

Most people who think they are printing are not, they just think they are.

Anyway, carry concealed with an IWB or use an OWB with a cover garment.

I prefer the latter as it allows me a lot more freedom of movement and obviously more comfort.

If your preferred method of dress is a skin tight "wife beater" and a Euro style set of swim trunks, you're on your own!!!

AD

Truckdriver1975

I'm taking the family to FL soon too. I emailed the AG's office a couple weeks ago with my questions but never got a response. My plan is to go IWB and pretend I'm one of those deep cover anti OC guys from the other forums. lol FL recognizes my MI CPL so as long as it isn't seen by the sheep, everything should work out.

rvrctyrngr

I'm taking the family to FL soon too. I emailed the AG's office a couple weeks ago with my questions but never got a response. My plan is to go IWB and pretend I'm one of those deep cover anti OC guys from the other forums. lol FL recognizes my MI CPL so as long as it isn't seen by the sheep, everything should work out.

Good plan! :D

Enjoy your trip. Safe travels!

Truckdriver1975

Does it matter who is the legal owner of the gun I carry in FL? My wife's XD9sc is a little smaller and easier to conceal than my XDM but it's registered in her name. I'm legal to carry it in MI but not sure about out of state.

rvrctyrngr

Does it matter who is the legal owner of the gun I carry in FL? My wife's XD9sc is a little smaller and easier to conceal than my XDM but it's registered in her name. I'm legal to carry it in MI but not sure about out of state.

As long as it isn't stolen, if it's in your possession, it's 'yours'. We don't have registration like MI (yeah, yeah...it's a 'safety check' :lol:).

sparkman2

Are these stories true and it is illegal to accidently "print"?[/QUOTE]

I hate to ask a dumb question but what exactly is the meaning of "print" in the way that it is used? Are you referring to the outline under one's shirt?

rscottie

I hate to ask a dumb question but what exactly is the meaning of "print" in the way that it is used? Are you referring to the outline under one's shirt?

Yes, the gun shape is visible and someone calls the police on you and you get in to trouble I have been told.

As such, I will be wearing loose Hawaiian "shoot me first" shirts that all CCDW Holders love.

Last edited:

Rich7553

Visitors, please check out www.handgunlaw.us for easy to read pdfs on each state's laws through which you plan to travel. Print out the state's info and bring it along for easy reference.

Truckdriver1975

First night down here and so fat so good. When my wife pointed out the bar codes in the windows of our rental, that really made me happy to have a weapon handy. Nothing says "rob me" like vehicle that's obviously full of tourists.

Rich7553

First night down here and so fat so good. When my wife pointed out the bar codes in the windows of our rental, that really made me happy to have a weapon handy. Nothing says "rob me" like vehicle that's obviously full of tourists.

Freudian slip? After all, you are on vacation!!! :lol: