• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

visiting MO from MD

jas40cal

So I'm planning a trip to Neveda to visit my parents and I wanted to bring my gun for our personal protection.:banana:. We fly in at KCA and take the drive south to Neveda, MO...whats the law state about OCing??and am I safe OCing in MO???

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
So I'm planning a trip to Neveda to visit my parents and I wanted to bring my gun for our personal protection.:banana:. We fly in at KCA and take the drive south to Neveda, MO...whats the law state about OCing??and am I safe OCing in MO???

OC in MO is complex as po;itical subdivisions are allowed to regulate beyond state law. If you have a CCW from any state, it is good here and i would recommend you consider that over OC as the laws in localities can and do change often and there is no requirement for them to accurately update online information they provide. The only 100% way you can OC is to review those ordinances at the city hall of each place you seek to OC. Some restrict it 100%, others restrict it to ccw holders only, and the good ones who get it do not restrict at all.

Because of that and you not knowing the lands so to speak, I do recommend CCW as the best choice, but you are a free person, do as you see fit.

In MO, no CCW is required to conceal inside a car as long as you are legally able to handle the weapon aka not a felon, so feel free to do so should you not have a ccw card.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

jas40cal

OC in MO is complex as po;itical subdivisions are allowed to regulate beyond state law. If you have a CCW from any state, it is good here and i would recommend you consider that over OC as the laws in localities can and do change often and there is no requirement for them to accurately update online information they provide. The only 100% way you can OC is to review those ordinances at the city hall of each place you seek to OC. Some restrict it 100%, others restrict it to ccw holders only, and the good ones who get it do not restrict at all.

Because of that and you not knowing the lands so to speak, I do recommend CCW as the best choice, but you are a free person, do as you see fit.

In MO, no CCW is required to conceal inside a car as long as you are legally able to handle the weapon aka not a felon, so feel free to do so should you not have a ccw card.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

thanks... I guess i will be CCW when i visit