• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cost of Freedom memorial in Kentwood

Raggs

If you haven't heard, there is a "Cost of Freedom" memorial at the Kentwood Veterans Park on 48th St. There is a miniature version of Vietnam wall along with other memorials of conflicts the U.S. has fought. Try to attend if possible. The display is open 24/7 until Sunday. Emotional stuff. ;( Sorry for the late post

TheQ

While I appreciate the loss of life that families of our soldiers endured, the display may be more aptly called "Cost of Interventionism".

If I recall right, we lost the Vietnam war and no freedom was won...but then again, others may have different definitions of victory than I?

Our Country hasn't used it's department of Defense for defense since World War II. The modern DoD might be more accurately described by its original name: The Department of War.

Hey, but War is good for the economy! It temporally (or sometimes tragically permanently) removes a portion of our domestic population that may be otherwise unemployed (or, Lord forbid -- doing more constructive things than the very destructive act of blowing stuff up).

Yes, let us go so we can reflect on the cost of our foreign policy. :(

Anyone planning to Open Carry there?

Raggs

While I appreciate the loss of life that families of our soldiers endured, the display may be more aptly called "Cost of Interventionism".

If I recall right, we lost the Vietnam war and no freedom was won...but then again, others may have different definitions of victory than I?

Our Country hasn't used it's department of Defense for defense since World War II. The modern DoD might be more accurately described by its original name: The Department of War.

Hey, but War is good for the economy! It temporally (or sometimes tragically permanently) removes a portion of our domestic population that may be otherwise unemployed (or, Lord forbid -- doing more constructive things than the very destructive act of blowing stuff up).

Yes, let us go so we can reflect on the cost of our foreign policy. :(

Anyone planning to Open Carry there?

I am considering open carrying at this