• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCers in or near martinsburg?

armysgt2008

Hey all. I'm new to this site... This is only my second post. I have done a massive amount of reading on laws and what not. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting a bunch of OCers together for lunch or dinner sometime. To share some knowledge and stories and some places that are not OC friendly. Let me know guys!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If you post it, they will come.[/James Earl Jones voice]

If you are not sure how a particular place might respond to OC, go there yourself and see how they respond to you OCing there. Or pick a place generally known to be "safe" - like Starbucks. You do have Starbucks in West Virginia, don't you?:p

Just do not go somewhere and ask the management if they would be OK with a bunch of OCers showing up. Doing that will give them the opportunity to think about it beorehand, as opposed to seeing how polite most OCers are.

If you post a time and place and nobody showed up but you, go back to your post and provide info on how nothing bad happened to you and any positive interactions you had with staff, management and/or other patrons. And then post a time/place for the next "event". If you post it often enough, they will come just to see who the heck you are. Like the carnival barker, it's all about getting them into the tent - the show itself is not that important.

Good luck.

stay safe.

armysgt2008

Yea, after I posted this I figured that not many or any would respond since I'm new here. Kinda like the new kid on the block on the monkey bars lol...Nobody wants to play with me!

After the recent events in CO my Wife and I had a nice talk about OCing. I have always had guns in the house but never OC'd. Anyhow, I have recently started OCing and find it very odd sometimes when I go into public places....I still have not had a run in with LE YET! But I have been doing a lot of reading and research to "arm" myself against the LEO's that dont know the law. I feel pretty confident right now that I am knowledgeable enough to ward off the not so bright LEO's. I'm an active duty service member so I'm not sure how that will help or hender me during an encounter with an LEO. Anyhow, if anyone is intersted it meeting I would love to. Also, I ride so if anyone wants to ride you can hit me up as well.

Thomas

twoskinsonemanns

I'm in the Martinsburg area quite often. I would dig an OC lunch/dinner.

My schedule is not very forgiving though.