Thread: Final version of Open Carry law in print?

, ,

Final version of Open Carry law in print?

Is the final version of the new law in print? If so where do I download it from? Also are there any other laws or regs that were affected and changed by this law? I am looking to have on record everything I might need to answer questions regarding carrying firearms in Oklahoma.

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Here you go... a PDF of SB1733 as signed by the Governor from the Oklahoma Legislature's website.

SB1733 Enrolled Version

Okanogan Highland
    I guess OK will still never have a home grown junior pistol champ eh?

What kind of mind is it that will not allow someone under 18 to even handle a pistol, let alone learn, and practice with one.?

Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
    "except this section shall not prohibit:

1. The proper use of guns and knives for hunting, fishing, educational or recreational purposes;"

a direct quote from the enrolled version of the law

Regular Member Springfield Smitty's Avatar
    OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank goodness)

Here is a brochure you can print off and carry with you so that you have some information handy to provide for people who have questions.
    Last edited by Springfield Smitty; 07-30-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to provide the link
    -U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -Public Service Professional - I've done it all: LEO, FF, and EMT
    -Certified NRA Instructor
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.