Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Press Release Full of Seriously Bad News

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,187

    Press Release Full of Seriously Bad News


  2. #2
    Regular Member M-Taliesin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Posts
    1,504
    Howdy Amigo!
    I don't get it. What's the bad news?

    Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,187
    You that eager to sign your paycheck over to them?

  4. #4
    Regular Member M-Taliesin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    You that eager to sign your paycheck over to them?
    Howdy Mahk!
    Why not? It doesn't accomplish much as it is, maybe better spend it there. After all, if I buy something, I have it and never need to pay for it again.
    The bills, however, just keep coming every month, and no matter how many times I pay them, they keep coming back!

    Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

  5. #5
    Regular Member Superlite27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    God's Country, Missouri
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    You that eager to sign your paycheck over to them?
    How is signing my paycheck over to them possible?

    The only way for that to happen would require the use of force. Most folks can guess what the end result of that method will be: Either the force applier or the force resistor is going to require a body bag.

    Therefore, the only reason you could possibly dread a Cabela's moving to your area is that you suffer from the same problem I have: The dreaded lack of willpower when window shopping and seeing a shiny new firearm I talk myself into being unable to live without.

    Of course, I have found that going to another firearms dealer and comparing prices often works very well. However, surprisingly, Cabela's is often very competitive on price. The majority of time, they're usually a little higher, but sometimes their sale prices and specials can be pretty surprising.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    Therefore, the only reason you could possibly dread a Cabela's moving to your area is that you suffer from the same problem I have: The dreaded lack of willpower when window shopping and seeing a shiny new firearm I talk myself into being unable to live without.

    Of course, I have found that going to another firearms dealer and comparing prices often works very well. However, surprisingly, Cabela's is often very competitive on price. The majority of time, they're usually a little higher, but sometimes their sale prices and specials can be pretty surprising.
    BINGO! It's not their firearms so much as their inhumane range of accessories. And that's just in that department. I've only managed to stave off buying out their food processing selection because of shipping costs. Thank the gods my car was jampacked when I swung through Grand Junction and saw the counter top band saw. Price is offset by not having to shop around and finding every other toy and gadget under the sun right next to it. Damn them!

  7. #7
    Regular Member mobiushky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alaska (ex-Colorado)
    Posts
    840
    Cabela's is a minimum $150 an hour store. You will spend a minimum or $150 for every hour in the store... this is horrible news... lol, just kidding of course.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    Cabela's is a minimum $150 an hour store. You will spend a minimum or $150 for every hour in the store...
    Crap, I just realized you're right. BPS is only $60 and we FLY through there. This is worse than I thought.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    104
    Just like every other overpriced outdoor store, you go there to look at items, and then purchase them online for much cheaper.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,187
    N/m
    Last edited by mahkagari; 07-29-2012 at 11:34 PM.

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Well, they're far enough away I won't be visiting them. Besides, there's a comparable store next to Citadel Mall that I somehow manage to resist...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Bellum_Intus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rush, Colorado
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Well, they're far enough away I won't be visiting them. Besides, there's a comparable store next to Citadel Mall that I somehow manage to resist...
    I spend WAY too much in there on reloading supplies.. At least they allow me to OC =)

    --Rob
    Kenaz Tactical Group

    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

    "Socialist governments traditionally do make a financial mess. They [socialists] always run out of other people's money. It's quite a characteristic of them."
    --Margaret Thatcher

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •