• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Press Release Full of Seriously Bad News

M-Taliesin

You that eager to sign your paycheck over to them?

Howdy Mahk!
Why not? It doesn't accomplish much as it is, maybe better spend it there. After all, if I buy something, I have it and never need to pay for it again.
The bills, however, just keep coming every month, and no matter how many times I pay them, they keep coming back!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Superlite27

You that eager to sign your paycheck over to them?

How is signing my paycheck over to them possible?

The only way for that to happen would require the use of force. Most folks can guess what the end result of that method will be: Either the force applier or the force resistor is going to require a body bag.

Therefore, the only reason you could possibly dread a Cabela's moving to your area is that you suffer from the same problem I have: The dreaded lack of willpower when window shopping and seeing a shiny new firearm I talk myself into being unable to live without.

Of course, I have found that going to another firearms dealer and comparing prices often works very well. However, surprisingly, Cabela's is often very competitive on price. The majority of time, they're usually a little higher, but sometimes their sale prices and specials can be pretty surprising.

mahkagari

Therefore, the only reason you could possibly dread a Cabela's moving to your area is that you suffer from the same problem I have: The dreaded lack of willpower when window shopping and seeing a shiny new firearm I talk myself into being unable to live without.

Of course, I have found that going to another firearms dealer and comparing prices often works very well. However, surprisingly, Cabela's is often very competitive on price. The majority of time, they're usually a little higher, but sometimes their sale prices and specials can be pretty surprising.

BINGO! It's not their firearms so much as their inhumane range of accessories. And that's just in that department. I've only managed to stave off buying out their food processing selection because of shipping costs. Thank the gods my car was jampacked when I swung through Grand Junction and saw the counter top band saw. Price is offset by not having to shop around and finding every other toy and gadget under the sun right next to it. Damn them!

mobiushky

Cabela's is a minimum $150 an hour store. You will spend a minimum or $150 for every hour in the store... this is horrible news... lol, just kidding of course.

mahkagari

Cabela's is a minimum $150 an hour store. You will spend a minimum or $150 for every hour in the store...

Crap, I just realized you're right. BPS is only $60 and we FLY through there. This is worse than I thought.

Deserteagle8338

Just like every other overpriced outdoor store, you go there to look at items, and then purchase them online for much cheaper.