Thread: Clarification on where I can OC.

Clarification on where I can OC.

I have just recently started to OC. I have had my concealed permit for about a year so I always pay attention to postings when I enter a building. I have seen the local McDonalds posted before but have never paid attention to it. I went in after work tonight and really looked at the sign (quite small if you ask me). It says specifically concealed carry (except LEO's). My question is, because the sign is specific to concealed, can I OC there. I have a feeling at some point that I would probably be asked to leave anyway if I OC'd so its probably a moot point.

Yes, you can and SHOULD OC there if the sign is specific for concealed carry

From my understanding, as long as it specifically says "No Concealed Weapons" you should be OK. I would say that it is similar to the stop and identify requirement when approached by LEO. I would get the opinions of those more experienced than I though.

Do keep in mind that just because the sign says concealed only doesn't mean they won't ask you to leave, and you have to or get trespassed.

Quote Originally Posted by moonie View Post
    Do keep in mind that just because the sign says concealed only doesn't mean they won't ask you to leave, and you have to or get trespassed.
    Well aware. That is why I said I had a feeling I would probably be asked to leave anyway. Guess I need to drop it from my places to eat.

I'm not saying not to do it, in fact I would encourage you to OC there, you say the sign only mentions concealed carry.