Thread: New Member

I hope this is the right place to post this, but I just wanted to say hello from Oshkosh.

I have my CC permit, I carry a M&P and a LCP. I've been a member on Defensive Carry for quite a while but wanted to expand my knowledge of open carry. Interested in learning more and hopefully I can contribute some of my knowledge.

Welcome to the forum ...

McX

Welcome to a great forum!

Thanks, glad to be here.

Campaign Veteran
    Welcome to the group!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HI. I am still new too. learning many things from the experts out there. Hope you can add to my understanding too. I don't know anyone here bec all the other members live in eastern WI. I have one person nearby whome I have not met, Cap'tn Nemo. He is busy with his submarine. I hope to be at MKE's celebration to meet all of the forum members. I am just about to get my side arm. It is on it's way from West Bend. I may have to get there either the night before. I hear Milukee is a dangerous place and the cops are corrupt( not all I hope). So if you know where I can stay for the night (hotel/motel). I'll go there. I think wifey may come along with my youngest, and glad to pay extra for it. Wifey doesn't carry yet, not too gung ho about it. Hope to have a pleseant time there. Hope to make it . will know soon.

Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    HI. I am still new too. learning many things from the experts out there. Hope you can add to my understanding too. I don't know anyone here bec all the other members live in eastern WI. I have one person nearby whome I have not met, Cap'tn Nemo. He is busy with his submarine. I hope to be at MKE's celebration to meet all of the forum members. I am just about to get my side arm. It is on it's way from West Bend. I may have to get there either the night before. I hear Milukee is a dangerous place and the cops are corrupt( not all I hope). So if you know where I can stay for the night (hotel/motel). I'll go there. I think wifey may come along with my youngest, and glad to pay extra for it. Wifey doesn't carry yet, not too gung ho about it. Hope to have a pleseant time there. Hope to make it . will know soon.

Welcome to the forum.
    I would go to http://www.tripadvisor.com/ and look at hotel reviews in the area, I use it all the time. I don't stay in Milwaukee much, like you said, it's not the safest place...

Welcome. Where did you get the permit?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Welcome to the forum. You will find many knowledgeable folks here and there is a lot to learn from everyone.

My friend Protias is pointing out in his usual subtle way that Wisconsin residents can only carry concealed if the have a Wisconsin Concealed Weapons License. Having said that, when I am in Wisconsin I carry a concealed firearm because I have a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit and am a Utah resident.

Yellow Cat Out -
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. You will find many knowledgeable folks here and there is a lot to learn from everyone.

My friend Protias is pointing out in his usual subtle way that Wisconsin residents can only carry concealed if the have a Wisconsin Concealed Weapons License. Having said that, when I am in Wisconsin I carry a concealed firearm because I have a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit and am a Utah resident.

Yellow Cat Out -
    My card says Conceal Carry License. Why am I so different?

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    concealed carry? never heard of it, it will never catch on. heh-heh.

*in the winter it's not concealed, my coat is just keeping it warm.
    Last edited by McX; 08-07-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    *in the winter it's not concealed, my coat is just keeping it warm.
    +1 McX
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Some days the Yellow Cat has old timers disease and does not remember the subtle nuances of that faceless little Wisconsin plastic card.

Your the same, but different...

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    Your the same, but different...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	your-youre_o_65153.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	9057