• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Burns

I hope this is the right place to post this, but I just wanted to say hello from Oshkosh.

I have my CC permit, I carry a M&P and a LCP. I've been a member on Defensive Carry for quite a while but wanted to expand my knowledge of open carry. Interested in learning more and hopefully I can contribute some of my knowledge. :)

Law abider

HI. I am still new too. learning many things from the experts out there. Hope you can add to my understanding too. I don't know anyone here bec all the other members live in eastern WI. I have one person nearby whome I have not met, Cap'tn Nemo. He is busy with his submarine. I hope to be at MKE's celebration to meet all of the forum members. I am just about to get my side arm. It is on it's way from West Bend. I may have to get there either the night before. I hear Milukee is a dangerous place and the cops are corrupt( not all I hope). So if you know where I can stay for the night (hotel/motel). I'll go there. I think wifey may come along with my youngest, and glad to pay extra for it. Wifey doesn't carry yet, not too gung ho about it. Hope to have a pleseant time there. Hope to make it . will know soon.

Welcome to the forum.

Burns

HI. I am still new too. learning many things from the experts out there. Hope you can add to my understanding too. I don't know anyone here bec all the other members live in eastern WI. I have one person nearby whome I have not met, Cap'tn Nemo. He is busy with his submarine. I hope to be at MKE's celebration to meet all of the forum members. I am just about to get my side arm. It is on it's way from West Bend. I may have to get there either the night before. I hear Milukee is a dangerous place and the cops are corrupt( not all I hope). So if you know where I can stay for the night (hotel/motel). I'll go there. I think wifey may come along with my youngest, and glad to pay extra for it. Wifey doesn't carry yet, not too gung ho about it. Hope to have a pleseant time there. Hope to make it . will know soon.

Welcome to the forum.

I would go to http://www.tripadvisor.com/ and look at hotel reviews in the area, I use it all the time. I don't stay in Milwaukee much, like you said, it's not the safest place...

jpm84092

Welcome to the forum. You will find many knowledgeable folks here and there is a lot to learn from everyone.

My friend Protias is pointing out in his usual subtle way that Wisconsin residents can only carry concealed if the have a Wisconsin Concealed Weapons License. Having said that, when I am in Wisconsin I carry a concealed firearm because I have a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit and am a Utah resident.

Yellow Cat Out -

protias

Welcome to the forum. You will find many knowledgeable folks here and there is a lot to learn from everyone.

My friend Protias is pointing out in his usual subtle way that Wisconsin residents can only carry concealed if the have a Wisconsin Concealed Weapons License. Having said that, when I am in Wisconsin I carry a concealed firearm because I have a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit and am a Utah resident.

Yellow Cat Out -

My card says Conceal Carry License. Why am I so different? :( :lol:

M

McX

My card says Conceal Carry License. Why am I so different? :( :lol:

concealed carry? never heard of it, it will never catch on. heh-heh.

*in the winter it's not concealed, my coat is just keeping it warm.

Last edited: