• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can you open carry in a car with a permit?

E6chevron

...It would look like you do not even need the CCL to OC in a car anymore.

The judge in the Concealed Carry violation case in Milwaukee, presented the normal jury instructions, which include the weapon had to visible to normal observation, from outside the car.

That means not covered up by clothing, not hidden behind a tall center console.

If you open carry on your left hip, and you are sitting next to the driver side, I think you better have a CCL. Same applies if you open carry on your right hip and are sitting on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Burns

The judge in the Concealed Carry violation case in Milwaukee, presented the normal jury instructions, which include the weapon had to visible to normal observation, from outside the car.

That means not covered up by clothing, not hidden behind a tall center console.

If you open carry on your left hip, and you are sitting next to the driver side, I think you better have a CCL. Same applies if you open carry on your right hip and are sitting on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Makes sense, my wife normally drives so I'm always in the passenger seat, holster on right side by door. Glad I got my CCL..