• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Gun at 'Batman' causes stir

Merlin

I am disappointed that the carriers acquiesced. Now, the bad guy who didn't stand up knows he has fish in a barrel.

Would you have stood up? I don't know if I would have. Depends on whether I was OC or CC I suppose. If I was OC, I would have stood up, insisted on my money back, and wished the rest of the unarmed patrons best of luck.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

We-the-People

No way I'd have taken my firearm out to the vehicle and gone back in to watch the movie. I'd have demanded my money back and left. When will the sheep learn that unarmed people are victims waiting for a criminal to appear?

Steeler-gal

If I was carrying CC I wouldn't have stood. Definitely wouldn't have left and come back that's for sure too.
If they're policy prohibiting guns is posted, I doubt the theater would give back your money.

==========================================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

Maine Expat

No way I'd have taken my firearm out to the vehicle and gone back in to watch the movie. I'd have demanded my money back and left. When will the sheep learn that unarmed people are victims waiting for a criminal to appear?

I'm still drinking cuppa one and I picked up on that too. I kept waiting for the part where they gathered their families and went for the the refund and left the theater with a No Guns = No Money card.

We-the-People

I'm still drinking cuppa one and I picked up on that too. I kept waiting for the part where they gathered their families and went for the the refund and left the theater with a No Guns = No Money card.

Hey, can you provide a reliable source for your "signature"? The two lambs thing. I believe that it's misattributed but would love to find a reliable source that showed Franklin (or any other founding father) said that. Unfortunately, I've found a lot of quotes that were never said by the sources they're routinely attributed to.

WalkingWolf

Employee was a numpty, he should have told the OCer before he entered the theater instead of the drama. The theater owner is a numpty also for not posting a clear sign at the entrance and certainly at the ticket booth. I would have demanded a refund also. I don't do any business in malls because of the same signage problems. I hate malls anyway.

carolina guy

Refunds for sure...

IANAL

I would have demanded refunds for the tickets AND any refreshments, finished or not. (it's part of the "whole experience")

If you walk up to the theater ticket window clearly OC, and the agent sells you a ticket...they have obligated the theater to allow OC, regardless of the signage. "Notice to Agent is Notice to Principal". It is the theater's responsibility to properly train their employees.

Who cares what the "rules" that may or may not be posted...if they sold a ticket to a person who is clearly not in conformance with the "rules" then they must be allowing an exception to those rules...this is simple contract law. You did not accept one of the restrictions, and they accepted your rejection by accepting your money.

At very minimum, I would have "suggested" to the movie manager that if they wanted me to disarm, I want a discount...you would be surprised how many times they agree.

Anyway...it is funny that more than the one person was armed, but kinda sad that they all chose to disarm and return.

Nevada carrier

The theater in Aurora, CO was also posted "no firearms." So you're saying all they had to do was politely inform Holmes that his weapons were not allowed and the whole tragedy would have been avoided? Oh, I get it, what we really need is a sign on the door to remind people that murder is not allowed inside.

So obviously, we need to post signs telling people all the things that they can't do, You can't kill people here, you cant touch kids, you can't fist small animals...

Last edited:

We-the-People

Anyway...it is funny that more than the one person was armed, but kinda sad that they all chose to disarm and return.

Are you sure they ALL stood up? After what happened in Aurora I'd be surprised if there weren't more "smart" CCers in the audience. Heck, if I was CC and saw someone starting to stand up after the announcement, I would not have moved.

DocWalker

The theater in Aurora, CO was also posted "no firearms." So you're saying all they had to do was politely inform Holmes that his weapons were not allowed and the whole tragedy would have been avoided? Oh, I get it, what we really need is a sign on the door to remind people that murder is not allowed inside.

So obviously, we need to post signs telling people all the things that they can't do, You can't kill people here, you cant touch kids, you can't fist small animals...

I support their right to disarm people if they want on their property but they better well protect them and be 100% responsiable for their safety. If you take my right to defend myself away from me and don't protect me be prepared to have a new boss because I will own your company in the end.

carolina guy

Are you sure they ALL stood up? After what happened in Aurora I'd be surprised if there weren't more "smart" CCers in the audience. Heck, if I was CC and saw someone starting to stand up after the announcement, I would not have moved.

Sorry...might have been unclear...it is sad that the 3 who stood up, all chose to disarm quietly and return. I sincerely hope there were quite a few others that wisely chose to remain silent. :)

FlyBoy276

I support their right to disarm people if they want on their property but they better well protect them and be 100% responsiable for their safety. If you take my right to defend myself away from me and don't protect me be prepared to have a new boss because I will own your company in the end.

I was just thinking the same thing. They prohibited all of those people from defending themselves against an attacker while on their property, so they should be held responsible for the damages. If a burglar can manage to sue a homeowner for injuries suffered from being cut by glass while they were breaking in to their home, I don't see how that would be an issue.

davidmcbeth

Banned
? Oh, I get it, what we really need is a sign on the door to remind people that murder is not allowed inside.

YES that's the mistake .. they have a sign saying no guns, not "no murders", maybe just a typo at the printer

there, problems solved, just change the signs to read "no murders or murderers or potential murderers or people with murderous thoughts allowed" people who do not obey this sign will be asked to leave & no refund will be provided

Last edited:

Steeler-gal

I wonder if the police checked to see of they were unarmed or if they just assumed that they unarmed and came back in?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I wonder if the police checked to see of they were unarmed or if they just assumed that they unarmed and came back in?

I can't believe people allow their rights to be taken based on what seems to be a mandatory request. If I was carrying concealed I would have stayed in my seat. If I was OCing I would have stood up only if they stated that management did not want me carrying, because if managment did not ask that the OCer leave, then they could not have charged the OCer with Criminal Trespass here in KY. Simply walking into a theater and asking the man that is armed to stand up is not a lawful command. They do not have RAS unless management asked to have him removed.