• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michael Bloomberg should be committed to the funny farm

Uber_Olafsun

Ok I was reading the news and came across a interesting story about him and what he is trying to do for breastfeeding up there. He is trying to make it a requirement to breast feed over formula which regardless of a persons feelings this man is not a M.D. and has no business giving medical advice.
http://www.examiner.com/article/blo...mote-breastfeeding-by-locking-up-baby-formula

We all know about his feelings on Big Gulps.

Then I came across an article about Chick-fil-A and him supporting them and going against mayors that are trying to ban them. There was one line that was quoted that almost made my head spin.

Quote "“You can’t have a test for what the owners’ personal views are before you decide to give a permit to do something in the city,” Bloomberg said, "
http://www.thebraiser.com/michael-bloomberg-no-chick-fil-a-ban/

WTF!?!? He doesn't even get the irony that by that very line he just shot down his own arguments against deciding who should get permits or not in the city.

Because of this I am of the belief that his is off his rocker and should be evaluated by professionals to determine how serious the damage is and to put him in a padded room where all the big bad citizens won't get him. They can give him a child's doll to play with so he doesn't go through any serious nanny withdrawals. Upon completion of his therapy he will be given passage to Mexico where their great gun laws and extremely low crime rate because of them make it so safe so he can spend the rest of his days in peace.

MamabearCali

This man has an oral fixation. All he seems to want to do is regulate and intimidate people into eating what he wants them to eat. Petty little man. I could not be more passionate about the benefits of breastfeeding. I think if at all possible for a woman to breastfeed her child everything should be done to assist that, however the govt needs to butt out. This is a personal choice. People are given life by God (or nature if you please), let them live it as they see fit and eat what they want to eat. If they want to feed their children formula, they should be free to do so. It is not like they are feeding them dangerous material, it is baby food. Not perfect, but adequate for a child to live and grow. Bloomy needs to butt out.

twoskinsonemanns

Imagine of him and Pelosi had a child!

Sounds like the next democratic presidential hopeful :D

Also the part of the article that bugged me the most is "Pro-breast feeding activists see this as a good move"

I hope this is an assumption. I'm pro in this regard, and this idea of forcing it on people is revolting.