• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it unlawful to carry in PG County??

jas40cal

I've read the MD statute on carrying while at work, but I'm kinda torn about carrying while making my daily deposit at the bank. Will I be breaking the law carrying while I am taking my deposit to the bank. I've already got permission to carry while at work. I'm a store manager for a retail business and I carry a substantial amount of cash to the bank and I'm located in PG county...Forestville/District Heights area a pretty bad area.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW....THANKS

acmariner99

From what I can tell about MD law that would be a definite NO! Unless you have a Maryland permit (unrestricted) you cannot carry ANYWHERE outside your home or place of business. If you are allowed to carry on the job -- good for you, but if you are conducting personal business my advice is NO CARRY. If you were in Virginia, Delaware, or Pennsylvania, that is another matter entirely. Maryland takes a dim view of the 2A.

Dreamer

No carry of any kind without a LTCH.

With some limited

exceptions MD Statute 4-203

Felony

Wrong.

Carrying a concealed firearm in MD without a MD-issued LTCH is a MISDEMEANOR the first time you are caught, if the violator is caught while not doing anything else that is illegal. It is only a felony if you are also engaged in some sort of criminal activity, like robbery, possessing drugs, being on school property, or a crime of violence...

(c) (1) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to the penalties provided in this subsection.

Then again, if you are a member of the venerable Conaway family of Baltimore, carrying a concealed handgun without a valid permit while chasing and threatening someone isn't even a misdemeanor. It will just prompt the MSP to "remind" you that your permit expired and issue you a new one...

Last edited:

swinokur

Activist Member
Wrong.

It is only a felony if you are also engaged in some sort of criminal activity, like robbery, possessing drugs, being on school property, or a crime of violence... .

How can you say it's wrong when you even post the conditions under which it's clearly a felony?

Sorry it's not wrong. Even according to you.

Last edited:

Dreamer

How can you say it's wrong when you even post the conditions under which it's clearly a felony?

Sorry it's not wrong. Even according to you.

One would assume that someone posting on THIS list was not asking the question because they were intent on committing a violent crime while carrying. Unless of course, the OP was a member of BPD or the MSP, in which case, carrying a gun without a permit while committing crimes of violence is actually a JOB REQUIREMENT, not a violation of State Statute... :uhoh: