Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North of Ashland ...Any problems with Fauquier

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

North of Ashland ...Any problems with Fauquier

I was reminded that I need to video a Farmers protest at the Board of Supervisors on the 2nd.

Any problems in that county? And no, I'm not a bit happy leaving Virginia!

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I was reminded that I need to video a Farmers protest at the Board of Supervisors on the 2nd.

Hire a guide - quickly!

Sorry I can't answer your question directly, but I spent some of my earliest shooting days as a kid at Clark Brothers, and in the back yard of my best friends house in rural Marshall.

TFred

Never had a problem myself....

Roscoe
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by
    Never had a problem myself....
    1+
    Other than the food at the IHOP, no issues.
    If you're passing my way (RT29/RT33) I'd ride shotgun depending on the time.

Shoot me an email...
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

i wouldn't expect an issue out there..................... your not in NOVA yet

Faw-kyuh's still in Va. Once you cross the line into Loudoun (Ed may disagree, but that's just Ed) or Prince William, you're out of luck.

And anyway, you got a native guide. Me.

Perhaps we can organize a long-see-no-time get together while you're in Warr'nt'n. Specially if Marco's along for the ride.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Faw-kyuh's still in Va. Once you cross the line into Loudoun (Ed may disagree, but that's just Ed) or Prince William, you're out of luck.

Perhaps we can organize a long-see-no-time get together while you're in Warr'nt'n. Specially if Marco's along for the ride.
    Sounds Good Dan!
    I'm going to have to see how much room I have before I can get with Marco. I've got a lot of equipment to bring.

This appeal should be interesting. There are a lot of mad farmers and from what I've seen, the County Administrator is out of her mind.

This appears to be the scoop:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/examin...rticle/2503450

And I agree with you... CRAZY! What is wrong with these kinds of people who think they can just blatantly ignore state laws?

TFred

Fauquier is a county located in the United States Commonwealth of Virginia
    ?
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    ?
    His comment about leaving Virginia is related to the commonly held Southern notion that Northern Virginia is actually another state. At times I think they are right... Peter is afraid of drowning in the sea of liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    ?
    Not all maps are accurate!
    It's mighty close to NOTVA.

Peter, you shouldn't have any issues. I carry to Clarks Bros range all the time and in and about the area. No issues there at all.

it'll give you a change to see the rest of the Great State of Virgina as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by stickslinger View Post
    Peter, you shouldn't have any issues. I carry to Clarks Bros range all the time and in and about the area. No issues there at all.

it'll give you a change to see the rest of the Great State of Virgina as well.

I've seen it when I was a seasoned world traveler around 1971

I went to Georgetown once and came home with a broken arm and a tooth missing.
    Last edited by peter nap; 07-30-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Moved from PW to Fauquier in November and have never had any problems. Come on up and visit, we're pretty friendly here. A meetup with Dan and everyone would be a great idea.

Not all maps are accurate!
    It's mighty close to NOTVA.
    NOTVA? NOVA? Preemption in state whats the problem? Don't go in DC!
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 07-30-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

[QUOTE=ocholsteroc;179871whats the problem? Don't go in DC![/QUOTE]

Other than being close to DC.....Traffic, HOV Lanes, noise, smog, transients, outtastaters, carpetbaggers, Federal Government, Mary Land'ers, Novacop, Nitrovic, Dick Saslaw, Commuter Trains, high taxes, unreasonable bills in the legislature, fat wimmin in spandex jogging suits, old wimmin in leopard print dresses, stop and identify laws, TSA, CIA, FBI, Department of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano in drag, The Ghost of J E Hoover in drag, Drones, local government gone wild, Dulles, NOVA soil and water commission, polluted rivers, deceptive boundary lines and high prices.

No problems at all

What's a good time? Before the meetin' is probably better for me.

There's a good hamburger place near Beautiful Downtown Warr'nt'n, "Foster's Grille", believed to be "friendly", at the intersection of business-29 and the start of 211W (Waterloo Rd):

Foster's Grille
    (540) 349-5776
    20 Broadview Ave,
    Warrenton, VA 20186
    Last edited by user; 07-31-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

I would love to be at this meeting. Peter nap and User...Well I'm sad that I'll be very busy on the 2and.

What's a good time? Before the meetin' is probably better for me.

There's a good hamburger place near Beautiful Downtown Warr'nt'n, "Foster's Grille", believed to be "friendly", at the intersection of business-29 and the start of 211W (Waterloo Rd):

Foster's Grille
    (540) 349-5776
    20 Broadview Ave,
    Warrenton, VA 20186
    I'm at your disposal Dan. You pick the time.
    I'll give you a call a little later today.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Depending upon the date and time, I'm in for this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Depending upon the date and time, I'm in for this.
    The BOZA is at 2:00 on Thursday.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Yeah, as I walked away from my machine it dawned on me that you had mentioned it was the 2nd.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Darn, I won't be able to attend. I'd have to bring all four of the kids if I went.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

I could make an early post-BOZA dinner if that works...

Roscoe
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast