• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North of Ashland ...Any problems with Fauquier

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Faw-kyuh's still in Va. Once you cross the line into Loudoun (Ed may disagree, but that's just Ed) or Prince William, you're out of luck.

And anyway, you got a native guide. Me.

Perhaps we can organize a long-see-no-time get together while you're in Warr'nt'n. Specially if Marco's along for the ride.

Depending upon the date and time, I'm in for this.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I could make an early post-BOZA dinner if that works...

Roscoe

That would be nice Roscoe but It's pretty much a 5 hour trip one way for me, so I'm going to want to get out as soon as I can.

If you can get there for lunch, That would be great.

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
The restaurant opens at 11 a.m., so that's the time. Give us time to "chew the fat", so to speak, and still give P.N. time to set up his equippage over at the Board of Supervisor's grand audience hall.

Marco, I suspect that, since this is a family restaurant and not too late at night, that you're really saying you just can't stand to be in a closed car with four kids for the forty-five minutes or so it'll take you to get there.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Looking forward to it guys!
I'm going to really be cramped. The Landrover had to go to the shop yesterday and I don't want to take the Bronco....so I'll pack everything in the Focus:uhoh:

Marco

Sorry you can't make it Marco but I pretty much have a car load of stuff anyway.
No worries, I was just looking to go as support personnel.

Marco, I suspect that, since this is a family restaurant and not too late at night, that you're really saying you just can't stand to be in a closed car with four kids for the forty-five minutes or so it'll take you to get there.

Nah, my kids are well behaved and I enjoy doing things with them... I was looking forward to going to the meeting more than anything.
An OC luncheon wasn't an option when this first came up.

I don't think they would enjoy the boring BOS meeting and I don't think the folks at the BOS meeting would enjoy an infant (being an infant) at the meeting, especially from someone that doesn't live in the area, even if I support their position.

My kids don't really like going to the BOS meetings in town with me and that's only a 10min drive.

altajava

As you must have gathered by now, Fauquier and especially Warrenton are OC friendly. I've been here for four years now and never had an issue. Ironically, I think i get fewer "looks" in NOVA. I also don't consider this area NOVA as much as some of the transplants(I am one myself) want it to be. I grew up in NOVA and this ain't NOVA. So is it Fosters at 11? I would like to finally meet some of you, should attend the BOS meeting as well since I live here.

Marco

As you must have gathered by now, Fauquier and especially Warrenton are OC friendly. I've been here for four years now and never had an issue. Ironically, I think i get fewer "looks" in NOVA. I also don't consider this area NOVA as much as some of the transplants(I am one myself) want it to be. I grew up in NOVA and this ain't NOVA. So is it Fosters at 11? I would like to finally meet some of you, should attend the BOS meeting as well since I live here.

You have time it's tomorrow... :)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

The NOVA lines snake around. Some even consider Shenandoah County where I was born, NOVA these days. That's kinda annoying.
Fauquier is an interesting place. It doesn't appear to have lost it's country luster....unfortunately, I'm afraid it's only a matter of time.

Well, I have the drowned terrorist bag packed, batteries charged, two cameras prepped, one on a shoulder rig and one on rails, sound equipment mostly ready, tripods, etc pretty much done.

Jane said I had to get a haircut and trim my beard so I passed up a Cuccinelli protest in Richmond to go see Benny the Butcher...(Barber). Then finish getting ready to go.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This was a very long day. 9 hours of driving and the highlight was the lunch with the OC'ers'
That was pretty enjoyable.
I stopped by Clarks. I thought it was bigger but they had some nice guns. I did buy a pocket knife.

The protest was a bust/ About 30 people, most women, singing, shouting and waving plastic and wooden pitchforks. The meeting room was small and no provisions to video from the front, so I went home after a few interviews.

Here are two frame grabs from the video. One normal and one ultra wide (170 degrees)

00009MTS_snapshot_0024_20120802_185726.jpg

00004MTS_snapshot_0003_20120802_185953.jpg

jsfrederick

It was really nice meeting everyone today. Finally, I can put faces with the names.

As always, Dan was full of Sage Advice. I learned a lot from him today.

Southern Boy, since you are so close, we'll have to meet for lunch more often.