• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North of Ashland ...Any problems with Fauquier

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I was reminded that I need to video a Farmers protest at the Board of Supervisors on the 2nd.

Any problems in that county? And no, I'm not a bit happy leaving Virginia!:mad:

BillB

I was reminded that I need to video a Farmers protest at the Board of Supervisors on the 2nd.

Hire a guide - quickly! :lol:

TFred

Sorry I can't answer your question directly, but I spent some of my earliest shooting days as a kid at Clark Brothers, and in the back yard of my best friends house in rural Marshall.

TFred

Marco

said:
Never had a problem myself....

1+
Other than the food at the IHOP, no issues.
If you're passing my way (RT29/RT33) I'd ride shotgun depending on the time.

Shoot me an email...

user

Accomplished Advocate
Faw-kyuh's still in Va. Once you cross the line into Loudoun (Ed may disagree, but that's just Ed) or Prince William, you're out of luck.

And anyway, you got a native guide. Me.

Perhaps we can organize a long-see-no-time get together while you're in Warr'nt'n. Specially if Marco's along for the ride.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Faw-kyuh's still in Va. Once you cross the line into Loudoun (Ed may disagree, but that's just Ed) or Prince William, you're out of luck.

And anyway, you got a native guide. Me.

Perhaps we can organize a long-see-no-time get together while you're in Warr'nt'n. Specially if Marco's along for the ride.

Sounds Good Dan!
I'm going to have to see how much room I have before I can get with Marco. I've got a lot of equipment to bring.

This appeal should be interesting. There are a lot of mad farmers and from what I've seen, the County Administrator is out of her mind.

stickslinger

Peter, you shouldn't have any issues. I carry to Clarks Bros range all the time and in and about the area. No issues there at all.

it'll give you a change to see the rest of the Great State of Virgina as well.

:)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Peter, you shouldn't have any issues. I carry to Clarks Bros range all the time and in and about the area. No issues there at all.

it'll give you a change to see the rest of the Great State of Virgina as well.

:)

I've seen it when I was a seasoned world traveler:eek: around 1971

I went to Georgetown once and came home with a broken arm and a tooth missing.

Last edited:

jsfrederick

Moved from PW to Fauquier in November and have never had any problems. Come on up and visit, we're pretty friendly here. A meetup with Dan and everyone would be a great idea.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
ocholsteroc;179871whats the problem? Don't go in DC![/QUOTE said:
Other than being close to DC.....Traffic, HOV Lanes, noise, smog, transients, outtastaters, carpetbaggers, Federal Government, Mary Land'ers, Novacop, Nitrovic, Dick Saslaw, Commuter Trains, high taxes, unreasonable bills in the legislature, fat wimmin in spandex jogging suits, old wimmin in leopard print dresses, stop and identify laws, TSA, CIA, FBI, Department of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano in drag, The Ghost of J E Hoover in drag, Drones, local government gone wild, Dulles, NOVA soil and water commission, polluted rivers, deceptive boundary lines and high prices.

No problems at all:uhoh:

user

Accomplished Advocate
What's a good time? Before the meetin' is probably better for me.

There's a good hamburger place near Beautiful Downtown Warr'nt'n, "Foster's Grille", believed to be "friendly", at the intersection of business-29 and the start of 211W (Waterloo Rd):

Foster's Grille
(540) 349-5776
20 Broadview Ave,
Warrenton, VA 20186

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What's a good time? Before the meetin' is probably better for me.

There's a good hamburger place near Beautiful Downtown Warr'nt'n, "Foster's Grille", believed to be "friendly", at the intersection of business-29 and the start of 211W (Waterloo Rd):

Foster's Grille
(540) 349-5776
20 Broadview Ave,
Warrenton, VA 20186

I'm at your disposal Dan. You pick the time.
I'll give you a call a little later today.