Thread: Have you been thanked for OC?

Have you been thanked for OC?

I know some of the posters her have been. I had never been actually thanked until yesterday. I was at Wal-mart with my middle daughter. As we checked out a lady tapped my shoulder and asked if we were going to keep our cart, she wanted to use it during her check out. She then said, "Oh and thank you for carrying a gun like that. I appreciate you exercising your rights. I wish more people would do that."

It was the first time I was actually thanked. Very nice of her.

Not yet, but then again Ive only been OC'ing for a couple of months.

Good for you. Nice when people do that. I posted one similar a while back where an employee at Murdocks thanked me for carrying. Really was a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    I know some of the posters her have been. I had never been actually thanked until yesterday. I was at Wal-mart with my middle daughter. As we checked out a lady tapped my shoulder and asked if we were going to keep our cart, she wanted to use it during her check out. She then said, "Oh and thank you for carrying a gun like that. I appreciate you exercising your rights. I wish more people would do that."

It was the first time I was actually thanked. Very nice of her.
    Two days ago I had a fellow pull up to me while I was in a parking lot, thank me and shake my hand.

I've been thanked! It was a wonderful experience. I was eating lunch and a middle aged couple walked up and said "We just wanted to thank you for defending our rights. We are getting tired of people not fighting for what they believe in." They then explained that the children at their table were worried that I was going to rob the place. I made sure they taught the kids otherwise. It was very cool. It made me feel good.

A handful of times. Once by a grocery clerk. Another time by an LEO's wife. A third time by a fellow customer in a convenience store. A fourth by a gal I'm dating. Couple of other times.

Those who get it appreciate it.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Howdy Folks!
    Maybe I'm the oddball here, which wouldn't be remarkable, because I tend to be something of the oddball here; but in general, I get thanked at least a couple of times a month for carrying. Since 7/20, I've been getting thanked a whole lot more. Twice in one day last week, and several times during that week.

It is also a terrific time to talk about OC, and the reasons why it should be more widespread.

Folks tend to enjoy talking about it, once they get over any apprehension about approaching to start with!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Yes multiple times. The first time I was caught off guard. I was expecting to have trouble for OC, not be thanked for it.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

I have only been thanked twice so far in my time OC, which hasn't been all that long. Once at our local farm store here by a employee that was checking me out, and more memorable was when i was up in Aurora for the theater memorial with my friend, we were sitting down listening to the Speech and two Aurora PD officers looked my way looked at my Open carried sidearm and both mouthed at the same exact time "thank you" as if they were just talking about the "Kid with the gun" and realized that its a good thing. it defiantly made me realize that most law abiding LEO really do understand whats going on in Colorado.
    Semper-Fi
    ~Wolf~

"Sons of the Republic, arise and take a stand!
    Defend the Constitution, the Supreme Law of the Land!
    Preserve our great republic and each God-given right,
    And pray to God to keep the torch of freedom burning bright!"
    -Thelen Paulk

Quote Originally Posted by LoneEchoWolf View Post
    two Aurora PD officers looked my way looked at my Open carried sidearm and both mouthed at the same exact time "thank you" as if they were just talking about the "Kid with the gun" and realized that its a good thing. it defiantly made me realize that most law abiding LEO really do understand whats going on in Colorado.
    Howdy Pard!
    I can tell you, from my interactions with Aurora Police, they get it. They are hugely supportive of open carry in our fair city. Whatever shortcomings may exist in the department, they at are to be commended for their recognition that we are law abiding citizens who exercise our rights, and they are great about OC. If I had a choice of being confronted by an Aurora cop, or a Denver cop, or a Thornton cop, I'd pick Aurora hands down! Other great cops who recognize and respect OC are Colorado Springs, Parker, Brighton and Burlington. State cops too, for that matter. I haven't had much chance to interact with others, but these have all demonstrated they 'get it'.

Thornton ought to hang their heads in shame! (my opinion).
    Denver is a Colorado disgrace. (again, my opinion).

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Last edited by M-Taliesin; 08-01-2012 at 08:49 AM.

I got thanked my first week of OCing.

Also many great, positive encounters since then.
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.” ― Plato

Plato knew this yet today's antis still don't get it!

Join the fight for freedom
    Oathkeepers

I have not been thanked to date. However, if indifference is the only 'thing' I encounter from LE and my fellow citizens while OCing I'll take it.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare