• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Carry - State vs Doutel DISMISSED

Rich B

State vs Duane Doutel has been dismissed
The aftermath of the judicial malfeasance ‘will not be pretty’

Norwalk, Connecticut, 7/30/2012:
Mr. Duane Doutel and his Attorney Rachel M. Baird appeared at the Norwalk courthouse (GA20) this morning for the newest leg of the ridiculous saga that has befallen Mr. Doutel. Mr. Doutel’s case was called first and a surprised and befuddled Magistrate tried to play catch up as the prosecution announced that they were willing to ‘nolle’ the charges after a year and five months. Attorney Baird made clear Mr. Doutel’s intent to see this trial through to a dismissal no matter what and that they had no plan to take a compromise like a nolle.
The prosecution completed their spineless slithering by agreeing to dismiss the charges rather than facing the onslaught that they knew would be delivered in a trial. We are confident this was a wise move for the prosecution.
Mr. Doutel’s criminal case has gone through three charges sequentially, each being dropped for a lesser charge each time the prosecution was challenged:
• Threatening in the Second Degree (Class A misdemeanor)
• Harrassment in the Second Degree (Class C misdemeanor)
• Creating a public disturbance (Infraction)
The record of charges shows that the prosecution from the start knew that they had no case and that they only pursued the prosecution of these charges to penalize Mr. Doutel for standing up for himself.
Connecticut Carry commends Mr. Doutel for standing up for himself, for his rights and for standing up for the rights of citizens all across Connecticut by not laying down and surrendering to the ‘contempt of prosecution’ malice brought against him.
Our sincerest thanks and congratulations go out to Mr. Doutel and all the players in Mr. Doutel’s defense counsel. They have truly made a ‘dream team’ which protected a citizen’s rights and stopped a runaway prosecution and a careless court from taking a man’s liberties without cause.
Stay tuned for the ensuing payback exacted via Federal civil right suits.
More information on this issue can be found on http://ctcarry.com/NorwalkvDoutel
Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Richard Burgess
President
Connecticut Carry, Inc
Ph: 203-208-9577
Email: rich@ctcarry.com
http://ctcarry.com

Last edited:

rt1983

Just read the email from ct carry, this is awesome!!! I truly hope he will be getting his property back ASAP!

davidmcbeth

Banned
Connecticut Carry commends Mr. Doutel for standing up for himself, for his rights and for standing up for the rights of citizens all across Connecticut by not laying down and surrendering to the ‘contempt of prosecution’ malice brought against him.

Richard Burgess
President
Connecticut Carry, Inc
Ph: 203-208-9577
Email: rich@ctcarry.com
http://ctcarry.com

This is excellent news !!!! The prosecutor is supposed to be a stopgap towards wrongful prosecutions; and this one was 100% wrongful. And the prosecutor wanted a nolle to keep his record looking good. The entire law enforcement community (cops/prosecutors office) all looked like they never even read the law. Yelling at someone is not grounds for the charges against Mr. Doutel ~ and that is the only evidence that they had ~ yelling. And the cops involved have been shown to have zero understanding of their responsibilities or knowledge of the law.

Now, is Mr. Doutel going to file a civil suit against the Dr. & others for the civil violation of conspiracy to tamper with evidence? He may have a good case. Up to him; he may wish to just get this behind him. I would support him either way.

Great news !!!

Last edited:

DDoutel

This is excellent news !!!! The prosecutor is supposed to be a stopgap towards wrongful prosecutions; and this one was 100% wrongful. And the prosecutor wanted a nolle to keep his record looking good. The entire law enforcement community (cops/prosecutors office) all looked like they never even read the law. Yelling at someone is not grounds for the charges against Mr. Doutel ~ and that is the only evidence that they had ~ yelling. And the cops involved have been shown to have zero understanding of their responsibilities or knowledge of the law.

Now, is Mr. Doutel going to file a civil suit against the Dr. & others for the civil violation of conspiracy to tamper with evidence? He may have a good case. Up to him; he may wish to just get this behind him. I would support him either way.

Great news !!!

I'll be staying active with CTCarry; it's become clear to me that only by activism in support of our rights are they preserved. As to putting it behind me, the criminal part is over; but make no mistake. Norwalk PD took a guy who was raised to respect cops, and made of him a permanent Adversary. I have to live in this city, and I will not tolerate a liar on its' streets, nor do I condone cops violating basic Constitutional rights, and saying "oh, I'm sorry...!" when they get slapped down for it.

It is highly likely that we will pursue a civil suit against the city and NPD, and given the indisputable facts of the case as well-documented as they are, it'll likely be a real doozie!

Oh, and regarding my property, it's apparently Police Department "Policy" that they won't return it for two weeks; we'll just see about that today.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Now that the trial is over, if Mr. Doutel wants to borrow a gun until they return his he's welcome to borrow one or two I have. He can return them when he gets his guns back. Problem is that I cannot transport a handgun ... still wrestling to get a permit...so he would have to come over to me to collect and return.

DDoutel

A real hoot...!

As we were waiting for "trial" to begin, the clerk working the courtroom that day was explaining to all the folks there what the sequence of events would be, and got off on a discussion of perjury. She said she didn't even want to tell us what the penalty is for perjury is, just that it "isn't pretty"! I couldn't let it pass, and told her she needed to be very careful about using the expression "It won't be pretty", as you could get arrested for threatening. Whereupon she laughed out loud (we've known her for 18 months, now pretty well), and I followed up by asking her if her instructions pertaining to perjury were applicable to cops, too. She laughed again, knowing precisely what I was referring to, and told me laughingly to behave myself! :banana:

DDoutel

Now that the trial is over, if Mr. Doutel wants to borrow a gun until they return his he's welcome to borrow one or two I have. He can return them when he gets his guns back. Problem is that I cannot transport a handgun ... still wrestling to get a permit...so he would have to come over to me to collect and return.

Thanks, David; most gracious and kind of you, but I'll have my own back tomorrow before noon. God, I've missed them so! I've felt downright defenseless without them, and considering what took place back on 16 Feb, 2011, it wasn't crooks I worried about; it was cops busting into my house again, just because "they could", don't ya know? Dirty cops are a lot more worrisome to me than known n'er-do-wells.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Thanks, David; most gracious and kind of you, but I'll have my own back tomorrow before noon. God, I've missed them so! I've felt downright defenseless without them, and considering what took place back on 16 Feb, 2011, it wasn't crooks I worried about; it was cops busting into my house again, just because "they could", don't ya know? Dirty cops are a lot more worrisome to me than known n'er-do-wells.

I know what you mean ... I had a state cop threaten to send a swat team over to my for my refusal to allow my assessor into my house for assessment purposes. I asked him to be first in line...and that they can send 1000 cops to effect an illegal entry, I would still defend my property. No cops showed ... I was bummed out. And I got an apology a day later.

JoeSparky

Centurion
What? The State gave up? They couldn't come up with another charge lower than an "infraction" to allow them to continue this farce of lawful prosecution (persecution)?

Glad THIS portion is now over for Mr. Doutel!

Go get them on the next part! Can I suggest just going for $10,000 for each and every day this fiasco has lasted, $50,000 for each different charge you were subjected too, and finally $100,000 for each court appearance you were forced to make + 10X your past and pending legal fees!

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Congrads Doutel,

Great job hanging in there and making them dismiss!!!
Awesome!

Also enjoyed your liarcop website updates.

DDoutel

Folks, ya know, I didn't actually do anything, other than stand still for the beating they tried to give me. This got resolved successfully because of "the team": Rachel Baird (a goddess of a person and a bulldog of an attorney), Ed Peruta (A prince among men), Joe Gasser (A crackerjack researcher), and Rich Burgess (ANOTHER man you don't want to go into battle without). My gratitude to each of them knows no bounds, and if any of them should call at need, I'm there, no questions asked.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I admit there were times I felt like Quasimodo on the pillory... :p

Time to do what I have done: issue the town a notice of trespass telling them to stay off your land. That way, if they come you know 1 of 2 things: first, they are there to arrest someone or second, they just committed a crime of trespass against you. And you can call 911 as soon as you see them on your land...as I have done on several occasions.