• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Docs vs. Glocks

j4l

Honestly, I think this is a non-issue. A big much a do about nothing, played up more by politicians and media than any actual folks. As for the Ocala couple, Im inclined to think there was a lot more about the issue than their merely declining to answer, and their getting bent out of shape about being asked, than is mentioned.
For my part, Ive never had any DR. ask anything about my guns other than in normal conversation.

And, if they were to do so at any time other than a situation in which Im standing in front of the DR. bleeding from a gunshot wound, I'd merely point out that it;s Nunya Bidnez.

But, it's a moot point with my Dr. She's 100% pro-gun, and every time I visit I'm carrying, so she always sees it anyway. And, it's a non-issue for her. In fact, after a recent close-call of her own, it was me that SHE called for consultation on what should she get for CCW, and how to go about getting her CCW permit, etc.
The lovely lady now proudly carries a compact .45, and is a rather exceptional shot with it, I might add.

Rich7553

Honestly, I think this is a non-issue. A big much a do about nothing, played up more by politicians and media than any actual folks. As for the Ocala couple, Im inclined to think there was a lot more about the issue than their merely declining to answer, and their getting bent out of shape about being asked, than is mentioned.
For my part, Ive never had any DR. ask anything about my guns other than in normal conversation.

And, if they were to do so at any time other than a situation in which Im standing in front of the DR. bleeding from a gunshot wound, I'd merely point out that it;s Nunya Bidnez.

But, it's a moot point with my Dr. She's 100% pro-gun, and every time I visit I'm carrying, so she always sees it anyway. And, it's a non-issue for her. In fact, after a recent close-call of her own, it was me that SHE called for consultation on what should she get for CCW, and how to go about getting her CCW permit, etc.
The lovely lady now proudly carries a compact .45, and is a rather exceptional shot with it, I might add.

Have you been to a pediatrician? The overwhelming majority of offenders are pediatricians who are following marching orders from the American Association of Pediatrics. The AAP has had a decades-long relationship with gun control groups, and has gone so far as to call for a ban on all privately owned firearms. They have intentionally inflated the number of deaths of "children" by including up to age 26 in that category. And notice not a single pediatrician speaks of child safety around firearms by promoting the Eddie Eagle program, but only the propaganda supplied by the Brady Campaign and similar groups.

Last edited:

77zach

I just love how violating people's first amendment rights (among others) is more of a "priority legislation" for the NRA than OC. Simply astonishing.

ADulay

I'm pretty lucky.

My main doctor is a short, stocky Phillipino guy and the first time he noticed my pocket carry gun in the office, we pretty much stopped the medical stuff and went on a long conversation about concealed carry, guns in general and then he shows me his carry gun over at his desk in the other room!!

I'm trying to get him to come out and shoot a few IDPA runs with us!

AD

Rich7553

I just love how violating people's first amendment rights (among others) is more of a "priority legislation" for the NRA than OC. Simply astonishing.

How do you figure it's violating people's first amendment rights?

twoskinsonemanns

I've personally had a Dr. ask me (during a wellness check up for my child) if there any guns in my home and if so how are they stored.

It is certainly suspicious. The question of why they ask it is received with "we are just concerned about children's safety"

Rich7553

I've personally had a Dr. ask me (during a wellness check up for my child) if there any guns in my home and if so how are they stored.

It is certainly suspicious. The question of why they ask it is received with "we are just concerned about children's safety"

I'm curious. Did he ask if you had working smoke alarms, a fire extinguisher, and/or practice fire evacuation drills with your family? I mean, 4 times as many children die from fire/burns every year than from firearms. In 2009 for example, 23 children total in Florida were killed unintentionally by firearms and 554 died nationwide according to the CDC.

twoskinsonemanns

I'm curious. Did he ask if you had working smoke alarms, a fire extinguisher, and/or practice fire evacuation drills with your family? I mean, 4 times as many children die from fire/burns every year than from firearms. In 2009 for example, 23 children total in Florida were killed unintentionally by firearms and 554 died nationwide according to the CDC.

Ha. No none of that IIRC. In any case I don't answer unrelated personal questions from the Dr. anymore than I would anyone else. I don't even give my zip code to Lowes when they ask for it. Every time they ask for it I say "Why?" there answer was ALWAYS "Oh never mind I'll just put zeros in". Come to think of it it's been a long time since they've asked.

Rich7553

Ha. No none of that IIRC. In any case I don't answer unrelated personal questions from the Dr. anymore than I would anyone else. I don't even give my zip code to Lowes when they ask for it. Every time they ask for it I say "Why?" there answer was ALWAYS "Oh never mind I'll just put zeros in". Come to think of it it's been a long time since they've asked.

Well there you go. So the ultimate question one must ask is, why do pediatricians ask about guns but don't ask about fire safety devices, given that four times as many children die annually from fires/burns as from firearms, if indeed their motivation is child safety rather than a political agenda?