Thread: OC'd for the first time this past weekend

OC'd for the first time this past weekend

since talking to a few members in my past post marylander question about OC'ing in VA. i finally OC'd for the first time this past weekend while running erronds for my wife while camping in fredricksburg. no problems what so ever. i must say i was some what nervous at first. but buy my second stop. the nervousness was gone. even had an older couple thank me for supporting the 2nd amendment. thank you who answered my previous post. Y'all were great and helping me feel more relaxed about OCing in VA.

Congrats!! Glad things went well for you!

Good for you....OC'ing is Liberating.
    Don't know how far you are from NoVA (Annandale) but if you're not too far try and make a VCDL meeting, that may help calm your nerves as the meeting is held inside a Gov't cntr/police station and there's a dinner at a local eatery after.

A little late but welcome to OCDO...
    Last edited by Marco; 07-31-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry 2 View Post
    since talking to a few members in my past post marylander question about OC'ing in VA. i finally OC'd for the first time this past weekend while running erronds for my wife while camping in fredricksburg. no problems what so ever. i must say i was some what nervous at first. but buy my second stop. the nervousness was gone. even had an older couple thank me for supporting the 2nd amendment. thank you who answered my previous post. Y'all were great and helping me feel more relaxed about OCing in VA.
    Congratulations. After a while you'll find you don't even notice you have it on. It's just a tool.

Welcome aboard, good to here things were completely uneventful for you. That's the way it should be. I strongly suggest you stick around and read study and continually educate yourself.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by Terry 2 View Post
    i finally OC'd for the first time this past weekend while running errands for my wife while camping in fredricksburg. no problems what so ever. i must say i was some what nervous at first.
    Heh I remember those days. Kinda like your high school days all over again

I remember my first time being all nervous/clumsy bumbling into the freezer section at the grocery store...

Congrats and welcome to OCDO.

Glad to welcome you into the club. Make sure your dues are paid, and clean your old moldy stuff out of the fridge every Friday.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit