• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd for the first time this past weekend

Terry 2

since talking to a few members in my past post marylander question about OC'ing in VA. i finally OC'd for the first time this past weekend while running erronds for my wife while camping in fredricksburg. no problems what so ever. i must say i was some what nervous at first. but buy my second stop. the nervousness was gone. even had an older couple thank me for supporting the 2nd amendment. thank you who answered my previous post. Y'all were great and helping me feel more relaxed about OCing in VA.

Marco

Good for you....OC'ing is Liberating.
Don't know how far you are from NoVA (Annandale) but if you're not too far try and make a VCDL meeting, that may help calm your nerves as the meeting is held inside a Gov't cntr/police station and there's a dinner at a local eatery after.

A little late but welcome to OCDO...

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
since talking to a few members in my past post marylander question about OC'ing in VA. i finally OC'd for the first time this past weekend while running erronds for my wife while camping in fredricksburg. no problems what so ever. i must say i was some what nervous at first. but buy my second stop. the nervousness was gone. even had an older couple thank me for supporting the 2nd amendment. thank you who answered my previous post. Y'all were great and helping me feel more relaxed about OCing in VA.

Congratulations. After a while you'll find you don't even notice you have it on. It's just a tool.

Motofixxer

Welcome aboard, good to here things were completely uneventful for you. That's the way it should be. I strongly suggest you stick around and read study and continually educate yourself.

PWC_Glock

i finally OC'd for the first time this past weekend while running errands for my wife while camping in fredricksburg. no problems what so ever. i must say i was some what nervous at first.

Heh I remember those days. Kinda like your high school days all over again ;)

I remember my first time being all nervous/clumsy bumbling into the freezer section at the grocery store...

:)

Congrats and welcome to OCDO.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
:banana: :monkey :banana: :monkey

Glad to welcome you into the club. Make sure your dues are paid, and clean your old moldy stuff out of the fridge every Friday.

stay safe.