• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Coins Are Shipping! ... The Coins Are Shipping!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
The coins have finally arrived from the manufacturer and the first batch will go to the post office this afternoon!

Considering that this is our first attempt at designing a coin for OpenCarry.org, I am very proud of what we came up with and I hope you are as well!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the pre-order and made it possible and thanks for your patience as my Bar prep got in the way of getting them out sooner.

I hope everyone likes them and I am looking forward to the reports on the forum as people receive them.

John :cool:

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Thanks for the update, John! I'm looking forward to receiving mine. :D

ETA: Received mine on 8/2. Love them! The gold accents are just the right touch and they look much better in the hand than on the screen.

Last edited:

4angrybadgers

1368355119_2f44bc6d47_o.gif

Can't wait to get mine! :D

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully, the first members will receive them tomorrow. I can't wait to hear your thoughts ... :)

GONZO!!!

Received mine today!!! They do look great! These coins have some weight to them. Very heavy. Nice work!!!

My only complaint? I wish they are smaller so I could have had them inserted into a pair of grips for my 1911....

Thank you for the coins. Love 'em !!!!!'

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Are we going to be able to purchase more in the future?

Absolutely! I have already placed an order for more to have in stock. The original price was a bit of a loser to allow us to pay for the original setup but if anyone is interested, I will still honor the original two-for-one sale. Just go over to http://www.opencarry.org/challenge.html and order as many as you would like.

The lead-time on new orders will be approximately 30 days according to the manufacturer.

Thanks!

John

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Received mine today!!! They do look great! These coins have some weight to them. Very heavy. Nice work!!!

My only complaint? I wish they are smaller so I could have had them inserted into a pair of grips for my 1911....

Thank you for the coins. Love 'em !!!!!'

John really out did himself this time. They are beautiful!

Might suggest that they would make great inlays for a rifle stock.

Mine will enjoy a place of honor in a display cabinet I made from a china breakfront.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I thought it wasn't too late to have changed the capitalization errors at the time when I pointed them out? :/

Other than that, they are beautiful, and were a great idea!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I thought it wasn't too late to have changed the capitalization errors at the time when I pointed them out? :/

Other than that, they are beautiful, and were a great idea!

Literary license in keeping with the style of the time :p

DWCook

Activist Member
Coins are excellent! I am being a crab apple and going to leave them in the packaging for safe keeping :) My wallet is big enough to have one in there with the package. I must say, I am 100% glad that I have joined this organization and since I have my weekends back I will be for sure planning on coming to get together as often as possible!