• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Post Aurora - Post Thornton arrest

Bellum_Intus

Well,
After all the uproar in the last few weeks, and the current mis-information, I went out today to apply from my CHP (after a 3 month wait for my appointment) ..
OC'd at Fuel B's in Ellicott, Walmart on Powers, took the 92 off while applying @ EPSO, OC'd at Barnes and Nobel near Citadel Mall and got some coffee at Starbucks (in the B&N)..

Not a peep, odd look or anything... No comments, all smiles, no mad rush to call 911...

Did have an interesting discussion w/ the nice lady at EPSO re: Thornton, I reminded her about preemption, she did say "oh yeah" ..

It's gonna cost the poor guy, but I'm sure he'll make it up in a lawsuit..

--Rob

Last edited:

Wolfstanus

My store is by the 7/11 and Brunswicks. No McDonald's near us. Literally down the road from citadel mall.

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

Today was the first time in almost 10 years of OC that I had an 'odd' encounter..

Went to Sportsmans Warhouse to buy some new Bates boots (I need them for the Rangers) .. I asked the guy if he has them in 9 1/2.. he goes to the back, brings them out and IMMEDIATELY walks behind me around my left side to 'look' at my SERPA L2 containing my 92FS..

As you guys know, I spent 18 yrs in the Army, I DO NOT like people snaking around me to check my firearm from behind.. I turned away and ask him what he was doing and not to approach me from behind.. He didn't say anything except "what are the boots for ? Law Enforcement?" .. Nope.. just like the boots.. I got up and picked up some Hornady bullets for reloading, and checked out without any other 'incident'..

Was odd ..

--Rob