Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of aftermarket parts do you run in/on your primary OC handgun??

What kind of aftermarket parts do you run in/on your primary OC handgun??

I'm curious to hear what aftermarket parts all of you are running in/on your pistols and how well the parts are working. I'm especially interested in those of you who carry Glocks, since that is what I carry. Currently mine is stock, but I hope to be swapping out some parts very soon.

My XD40 is pure stock.

Sig P229/40 Stock except for sights. Need the change for bifocals. Sucks getting old eyes.

My question is if everything works well for you in what you have, why are you looking at changing anything? You don't want to change anything that risks reliability in a carry gun.

Just my $.02...
    Last edited by jskp229; 07-30-2012 at 09:43 PM.

McX
    stainless steel machined, rather than cast, firing pin on my CZ52- Disruptor.

Chip McCormick rosewood Grips on my 1911.

I painted a white dot on the front sight. Gamesworkshop/citadel skull white.
    Last edited by Wolfstanus; 07-30-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jskp229 View Post
    Sig P229/40 Stock except for sights. Need the change for bifocals. Sucks getting old eyes.

My question is if everything works well for you in what you have, why are you looking at changing anything? You don't want to change anything that risks reliability in a carry gun.

Just my $.02...

Well the two parts I'd like to swap out are my slide release lock and slide stop. An extended slide release lock would make for easier taking down of my gun for cleaning. And I'd really like an extended bullet style slide stop because I really don't like the stock slide stop on a glock. To me, if your hands are sweating and you've lost your fine motor skills due to a stressful situation it would be easier to use if I needed to change mags for reloading or clearing a jam. If I do end up changing anything I'll make sure I'm comfortable with the changes before I carry.

Glock G23, Gen5 LaserLyte rear-mounted sight, rubberized grip tape, extended mag release. (I got into laser sights before I had my cataract surgeries, and currently have them on 4 of my handguns. My G26 has the factory rear sight and a Hi-Viz front, and grip tape, and my G17 has an internal LaserMax, grip tape, and extended mag release) Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    I bought a full size EAA Witness .45 with the "Wonder" in 2009. The first thing I did was to order and install a Hogue (one piece) combat grip. Later, when I determined that, for medical reasons, a .45 was a bit too much, I ordered a 9mm conversion kit for it.

And that's it! It's perfect now, so there's no more to do. That's why I have so many OTHER firearms to play with!
    Last edited by Bookman; 07-31-2012 at 04:17 AM.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Banned
    I have a .40 S&W M&P 5" with an APEX Tactical FSS and RAM installed. I love it. Trijicon sights.

Heinie Tritium insert front sight
    "-" connector (not aftermarket, but OEM option)

I carry a CZ82 with no mods at all. It came with ambi mag release and safety. Simple, clean, and easy to deploy.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I have a .40 cal G22 and have installed Trijicon night sights, LazerMax internal laser, and a 3 1/2 lb. Ghost trigger
    Carrying isn't suppossed to feel comfortable...Its supposed to feel safe.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I carry a CZ82 with no mods at all. It came with ambi mag release and safety. Simple, clean, and easy to deploy.
    Ditto-Smacky

Quote Originally Posted by James F. View Post
    I'm curious to hear what aftermarket parts all of you are running in/on your pistols and how well the parts are working. I'm especially interested in those of you who carry Glocks, since that is what I carry. Currently mine is stock, but I hope to be swapping out some parts very soon.
    I have a GM blower on mine with nitrous oxide...

I want to send in my M&P slide to Bowie Tactical to get it set up for a reflex sight

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by James F. View Post
    Well the two parts I'd like to swap out are my slide release lock and slide stop. An extended slide release lock would make for easier taking down of my gun for cleaning. And I'd really like an extended bullet style slide stop because I really don't like the stock slide stop on a glock. To me, if your hands are sweating and you've lost your fine motor skills due to a stressful situation it would be easier to use if I needed to change mags for reloading or clearing a jam. If I do end up changing anything I'll make sure I'm comfortable with the changes before I carry.
    I have an extended slide stop and slide loch on my G21. So much better.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I have a GM blower on mine with nitrous oxide...
    At least its not a Ford.

Ergo grips on an otherwise stock Kimber Custom Covert II. With 1911s, and a good stocking dealer, you play with 20 models on the shelf until you find the one with the sights, recoil spring, safety, slide stop, mag well, mag release, color (etc), that you want!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Right now I am just running a bayonet, but I am looking for a chainsaw to replace it with.

http://www.amazon.com/LaserLyte-PB-1.../dp/B001TKG7RA
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Right now I am just running a bayonet, but I am looking for a chainsaw to replace it with.

http://www.amazon.com/LaserLyte-PB-1.../dp/B001TKG7RA
    Just a bayonet? Whatsamaddawitchoo... were they out of bipods and grenade launchers? And, who makes the holster to accommodate that setup? Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 08-02-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Well,,,

My CZ-82 is stock....... My Smacky....
    My FNP-45 is stock
    My P-64,,, I modified the follower in the mag, so now it is 7 plus 1
    My CZ-52,,, I modified the follower in the mag, so now it is 9 plus 1..... My Imperial Disruptor....
    My AK-47 rifle and AK-drako both have rubber bumpers in the back of the action
    My Spanish Star Modelo Supers are 9mm Largo, same as 38 auto, much like 38 super,
    I pack them with 9X23 Winchester, it is like 38 super on steroids!
    I cut 1/eighth inch long rubber hose that fits over the recoil spring,
    this stops the metal to metal smaking during the cycle after firing...

I havent broken any guns for at least a year!!!!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 08-03-2012 at 05:52 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    For my carry Glocks, all gen3's, I installed a Glock 3.5 connector (part #00135), a six pound trigger spring from GlockParts.com, a smooth faced trigger with a contoured safety tang, the 25 cent trigger job (detailed polishing on pertinent parts), and Trijicon night sights (GL-01).

On my carry M&P's, the Apex USB (Ultimate Safety Block). My M&P 45 got the Apex DCAEK which includes their USB but I re-installed the factory trigger spring to lighten the pull weight.

I have done a lot of tinkering and experimentation with Glock internals so if you have questions I may be able to help you out.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

My M&P 9mm has the Apex DCAEK kit in it, as well as the RAM kit, but other than that, is bone stock.
    The ParaOrd P-12 I've carried off and on has a replacement beavertail on it, but is otherwise stock, less replacement wolff springs at specified intervals.

845, bone-stock. Havent seen any need to replace anything on it yet.
    Although, I may eventually upgrade my stock Novak's for a set of their night-sight versions, as the std white dots dont offer much in low/no -light. But even that, would just be a nit-pick.

As for Glocks..they seem to have done a great job on their design from day 1...why mess with what's not broken, other than just to have latest,greatest Geardo/Tactical Ted gizmos?

Activist Member
    My EDC at the moment is a Glock 23 RTF2. I have removed the polymids from the left side of the frame because they are very irritating when carrying concealed. I have replaced the stock .40 barrel with a Wolff .357 Sig. barrel. I removed the factory sights and installed Ameri-Glo Tritium nite-sites, with Trijicon vials. I use .40 S&W magazines and I have never had a malfunction. With Gold-dots I average right at 1,400 fps, and the piece is very accurate. The sights shoot POA-POI with both .40 and .357 loads.

Edit: I figured I would add how well the Gold-dot 125 gr. load performs. I get a consistent 14-16 inches of penetration and expansion is right at 3/4 of an inch every time.
    Last edited by KYGlockster; 08-04-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast