• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What kind of aftermarket parts do you run in/on your primary OC handgun??

James F.

I'm curious to hear what aftermarket parts all of you are running in/on your pistols and how well the parts are working. I'm especially interested in those of you who carry Glocks, since that is what I carry. Currently mine is stock, but I hope to be swapping out some parts very soon.

jskp229

Sig P229/40 Stock except for sights. Need the change for bifocals. Sucks getting old eyes.

My question is if everything works well for you in what you have, why are you looking at changing anything? You don't want to change anything that risks reliability in a carry gun.

Just my $.02...

Last edited:
M

McX

stainless steel machined, rather than cast, firing pin on my CZ52- Disruptor.

Wolfstanus

Chip McCormick rosewood Grips on my 1911.

I painted a white dot on the front sight. Gamesworkshop/citadel skull white.

Last edited:

James F.

Sig P229/40 Stock except for sights. Need the change for bifocals. Sucks getting old eyes.

My question is if everything works well for you in what you have, why are you looking at changing anything? You don't want to change anything that risks reliability in a carry gun.

Just my $.02...

Well the two parts I'd like to swap out are my slide release lock and slide stop. An extended slide release lock would make for easier taking down of my gun for cleaning. And I'd really like an extended bullet style slide stop because I really don't like the stock slide stop on a glock. To me, if your hands are sweating and you've lost your fine motor skills due to a stressful situation it would be easier to use if I needed to change mags for reloading or clearing a jam. If I do end up changing anything I'll make sure I'm comfortable with the changes before I carry.

Gil223

Glock G23, Gen5 LaserLyte rear-mounted sight, rubberized grip tape, extended mag release. (I got into laser sights before I had my cataract surgeries, and currently have them on 4 of my handguns. My G26 has the factory rear sight and a Hi-Viz front, and grip tape, and my G17 has an internal LaserMax, grip tape, and extended mag release) Pax...

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
I bought a full size EAA Witness .45 with the "Wonder" in 2009. The first thing I did was to order and install a Hogue (one piece) combat grip. Later, when I determined that, for medical reasons, a .45 was a bit too much, I ordered a 9mm conversion kit for it.

And that's it! It's perfect now, so there's no more to do. That's why I have so many OTHER firearms to play with!

Last edited:

AAriondo

I have a .40 cal G22 and have installed Trijicon night sights, LazerMax internal laser, and a 3 1/2 lb. Ghost trigger

WalkingWolf

I'm curious to hear what aftermarket parts all of you are running in/on your pistols and how well the parts are working. I'm especially interested in those of you who carry Glocks, since that is what I carry. Currently mine is stock, but I hope to be swapping out some parts very soon.

I have a GM blower on mine with nitrous oxide...

11B2O

I want to send in my M&P slide to Bowie Tactical to get it set up for a reflex sight

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CCinMaine

Well the two parts I'd like to swap out are my slide release lock and slide stop. An extended slide release lock would make for easier taking down of my gun for cleaning. And I'd really like an extended bullet style slide stop because I really don't like the stock slide stop on a glock. To me, if your hands are sweating and you've lost your fine motor skills due to a stressful situation it would be easier to use if I needed to change mags for reloading or clearing a jam. If I do end up changing anything I'll make sure I'm comfortable with the changes before I carry.

I have an extended slide stop and slide loch on my G21. So much better.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Ergo grips on an otherwise stock Kimber Custom Covert II. With 1911s, and a good stocking dealer, you play with 20 models on the shelf until you find the one with the sights, recoil spring, safety, slide stop, mag well, mag release, color (etc), that you want!