• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What kind of aftermarket parts do you run in/on your primary OC handgun??

1245A Defender

Well,,,

My CZ-82 is stock....... My Smacky....
My FNP-45 is stock
My P-64,,, I modified the follower in the mag, so now it is 7 plus 1
My CZ-52,,, I modified the follower in the mag, so now it is 9 plus 1..... My Imperial Disruptor....
My AK-47 rifle and AK-drako both have rubber bumpers in the back of the action
My Spanish Star Modelo Supers are 9mm Largo, same as 38 auto, much like 38 super,
I pack them with 9X23 Winchester, it is like 38 super on steroids!
I cut 1/eighth inch long rubber hose that fits over the recoil spring,
this stops the metal to metal smaking during the cycle after firing...

I havent broken any guns for at least a year!!!!

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
For my carry Glocks, all gen3's, I installed a Glock 3.5 connector (part #00135), a six pound trigger spring from GlockParts.com, a smooth faced trigger with a contoured safety tang, the 25 cent trigger job (detailed polishing on pertinent parts), and Trijicon night sights (GL-01).

On my carry M&P's, the Apex USB (Ultimate Safety Block). My M&P 45 got the Apex DCAEK which includes their USB but I re-installed the factory trigger spring to lighten the pull weight.

I have done a lot of tinkering and experimentation with Glock internals so if you have questions I may be able to help you out.

unknownsailor

My M&P 9mm has the Apex DCAEK kit in it, as well as the RAM kit, but other than that, is bone stock.
The ParaOrd P-12 I've carried off and on has a replacement beavertail on it, but is otherwise stock, less replacement wolff springs at specified intervals.

j4l

845, bone-stock. Havent seen any need to replace anything on it yet.
Although, I may eventually upgrade my stock Novak's for a set of their night-sight versions, as the std white dots dont offer much in low/no -light. But even that, would just be a nit-pick.

As for Glocks..they seem to have done a great job on their design from day 1...why mess with what's not broken, other than just to have latest,greatest Geardo/Tactical Ted gizmos?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
My EDC at the moment is a Glock 23 RTF2. I have removed the polymids from the left side of the frame because they are very irritating when carrying concealed. I have replaced the stock .40 barrel with a Wolff .357 Sig. barrel. I removed the factory sights and installed Ameri-Glo Tritium nite-sites, with Trijicon vials. I use .40 S&W magazines and I have never had a malfunction. With Gold-dots I average right at 1,400 fps, and the piece is very accurate. The sights shoot POA-POI with both .40 and .357 loads.

Edit: I figured I would add how well the Gold-dot 125 gr. load performs. I get a consistent 14-16 inches of penetration and expansion is right at 3/4 of an inch every time.

Last edited:

Merlin

Glock 36: trij night sights and a hogue grip (the sleeve kind). Plan to add an internal Lasermax (maybe tomorrow at the gun show)

Glock 19: hogue and lasermax internal. Plan to add night sights.

I love the hogue. Won't have a pistol without. It makes for a nice sticky (and cushioned) grip.

Got a stock stainless Judge, but don't regularly carry it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2