• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Castle Rock M&G question for OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I was searching for info about Castle Rock, and came across this thread.

I seriously don't understand why this is a black and white issue. Why?
Denver won its lawsuit. Preemption failed.

What is that about? Did I miss something? Is the race card being played?

Wolfstanus

I was searching for info about Castle Rock, and came across this thread.

I seriously don't understand why this is a black and white issue.Why?
Denver won its lawsuit. Preemption failed.

What is that about? Did I miss something? Is the race card being played?
Seriously?
35g930.jpg

ColoradoFlyer

Oh Crap, Castle Rock is no Open Carry, Holy Crap. I better let my neighbor know, he is Douglas County Sherriff and laughs every time I am out walking and I have my sidearm neatly holstered to my hip. I better let my other neighbor who is Denver PD and lets me know that he thinks it is cool that I open carry and the Elizabeth Chief who lives up around the corner and sees me all the time plainly OC'ing. I probably should stay in the house and lock the door. Oh, to think the Castle Rock is not OC then some people here have some splaining to do, and I should have been arrested a few hundred times. Sorry, tongue in cheek, but Douglas County and Castle Rock specifically is very OC friendly. Sorry to burst anyones bubble.

Carry On Garth!

Hamans-gallows

What the he(ck) fun is that?!?!?!?

Organize a little walk past the police department before or after the festivities and dare them to do something!!

The day that the Acacia park arrest hit the news, I strapped an SKS baby killing "assault rifle" to my motorcycle and parked it in front of Acacia park, and took a stroll through the park with my 1911.

**** **, coppers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The day that the Acacia park arrest hit the news, I strapped an SKS baby killing "assault rifle" to my motorcycle and parked it in front of Acacia park, and took a stroll through the park with my 1911.

**** **, coppers.
Then you either left the SKS unattended or carried it also on your "stroll".
Neither is encouraged nor supported.

LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

GTShooter

Not even living in CO ........................ Ive noticed that a lot lately from other state members.

Wolfstanus

Then you either left the SKS unattended or carried it also on your "stroll".
Neither is encouraged nor supported.

LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

He mentioned you're talking about it. Just saying bro.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not even living in CO ........................ Ive noticed that a lot lately from other state members.
I'm not sure where this my-state isolationism originates, but that is decidedly not the policy on OCDO. All are free to post in any of the sub-forums things having a valid relationship to that section.

In this day and age as we have become increasingly mobile, people spend time in more than one locality and therefore have an obvious interest in the laws and happenings of other areas. Much of our strength lies in our diversity of experience and knowledge - why would we want to limit that? We are a brotherhood joined by common interests and do benefit by considering the thoughts of each other.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
"Not even living in CO ........................ Ive noticed that a lot lately from other state members." -- GTShooter

Well, I've lived in Texas for 48 years...but never considered myself a "Texan." Partly because I feel that's too "colonial" if you will -- loyalty to one's particular area rather to something larger: The COUNTRY. Meaning, I consider myself an American, not a Texan...I just happen to be living here, that's all. Texas is no better than any other state. No worse, either. They all have trade-offs.

In that context then, as an American citizen of the Union of 50 States, technically-speaking, EVERY state is "my" state.

But I would NOT try to tell residents of any state I do NOT live in what's up with their own state as THEY know better -- they LIVE there -- and I will defer to them on that reality. Not that I haven't criticized other states (especially anti-gun HI) -- AND my own backwards State of Texas even (no OC here, for example) -- I just think residents of a state know more about the every-day reality there than I do and I defer to their judgment.

Otherwise, I feel free to post in several other State Forums -- namely Hawaii (a possibly temporary or long-term residence), New Mexico (same possibility) and Colorado (same) -- actually, I'm going to ALL THREE states really, but in which order (or lengths of time) I'm not sure! And eventually, due to age, I will be STAYING on one of them: Too old to move anymore. :-(

Whatever, I'm leaving Texas come next Summer so posting (sometimes) in a "foreign" State Forum is part of my "looking forward" (mentally) process, in order to get ready for a move. I MAINLY read the forums to get such information, but occasionally I post in them.

Again, however, I am not trying to tell fellow gun-owners in those particular states I know more about where they live than they do. I don't think any "outsiders" here at OCDO are doing that -- so I'm not making any accusations -- so I hope the "locals" here AND in the other State Forums know that and don't take any undue offense when "other-staters" appear and post something. ;-)

After all, regardless of what state we live in, we ALL are Americans.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thread highjacked by a user utilizing the thread for personal rants/disagreement with the administration of the rules.

Locked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.