Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Obama ‘evaluates’ multiple gun control bills advanced by Senate Democrats

  1. #1
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Obama ‘evaluates’ multiple gun control bills advanced by Senate Democrats

    In the wake of the tragic ‘Dark Knight’ attack in Aurora Colorado, the media and gun control advocates seem determined to push the Democratic Party into renewing its push for more gun control. And there is no shortage of Democratic candidates willing to oblige regardless of the damage it might do to their party this fall.

    Following on the heels of an amendment to the Cybersecurity bill to ban the sale, transfer or possession of normal capacity magazines, Democratic Senator Frank Lautenberg is introducing a separate bill that would completely ban the online sale of ammo; the Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act.

    But his bill would do far more than that ...

    Read more at
    http://monachuslex.com/?p=1415

    Last edited by John Pierce; 07-31-2012 at 10:24 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member hjmoosejaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.W. Pa.
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    In the wake of the tragic ‘Dark Knight’ attack in Aurora Colorado, the media and gun control advocates seem determined to push the Democratic Party into renewing its push for more gun control. And there is no shortage of Democratic candidates willing to oblige regardless of the damage it might do to their party this fall.

    Following on the heels of an amendment to the Cybersecurity bill to ban the sale, transfer or possession of normal capacity magazines, Democratic Senator Frank Lautenberg is introducing a separate bill that would completely ban the online sale of ammo; the Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act.

    But his bill would do far more than that ...

    Read more at
    http://monachuslex.com/?p=1415



    Thanks for the info! It's scary how things are going. So much damage can be done with a few strokes of a pen.
    watch your top knot !

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    56
    I showed my support for the increased gun control talk by purchasing my first "assault rifle". I spent an enjoyable afternoon assaulting several soda cans and a couple pieces of paper with my evil black semi-automatic gun and 3 high capacity mags.

  4. #4
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckdriver1975 View Post
    I showed my support for the increased gun control talk by purchasing my first "assault rifle". I spent an enjoyable afternoon assaulting several soda cans and a couple pieces of paper with my evil black semi-automatic gun and 3 high capacity mags.
    Love it!

  5. #5
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by truckdriver1975 View Post
    i showed my support for the increased gun control talk by purchasing my first "assault weapon". I spent an enjoyable afternoon assaulting several soda cans and a couple pieces of paper with my evil black semi-automatic gun and 3 evil standard capacity mags.
    ftfy

  6. #6
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckdriver1975 View Post
    I showed my support for the increased gun control talk by purchasing my first "assault rifle". I spent an enjoyable afternoon assaulting several soda cans and a couple pieces of paper with my evil black semi-automatic gun and 3 high capacity mags.
    Standard capacity mags. The AR was designed around a 30 round magazine.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    56
    The Libs consider it high capacity. I wanted an AR for awhile and this seemed like as good a time as any to get one.

  8. #8
    Regular Member NoTolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    297
    Pretty sure those that want to take our guns (I won't call them Liberals, because plenty of Liberals carry) consider anything greater than or equal to 1 round "high capacity". If they had to relent, they might compromise by letting us press one round of ammo at a time, so long as we had the proper paperwork and permits, I suppose.

    Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    56
    Someday we may have to gat the 911 operator to acknowledge our need for immediate self protection and authorize access to our properly registered gun safe so we can load up our single shot muzzle loader and protect our wives and children. If the bad guys super capacity mag jams then life will be good!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fallon, NV
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTolerance View Post
    Pretty sure those that want to take our guns (I won't call them Liberals, because plenty of Liberals carry) consider anything greater than or equal to 1 round "high capacity". If they had to relent, they might compromise by letting us press one round of ammo at a time, so long as we had the proper paperwork and permits, I suppose.

    Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    As long as you carried that one round, Barney Fife style... in your shirt pocket.
    Hoka hey

  11. #11
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckdriver1975 View Post
    Someday we may have to gat the 911 operator to acknowledge our need for immediate self protection and authorize access to our properly registered gun safe so we can load up our single shot muzzle loader and protect our wives and children. If the bad guys super capacity mag jams then life will be good!
    Like this?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wypFgcqHyvc
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  12. #12
    Regular Member The Airframer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    171
    The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act would require remaining licensed dealers to report any ammo purchase over 1,000 rounds to the ATF for investigation? How stupid is that!? This thing will hopefully never pass but if the communist stars align, I see bulk ammo being sold in bricks of 999.
    It's better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it...

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    That's exactly the video I was thinking of. I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before. I wonder if Bloomberg would approve or would the firearm still be too accessible?

  14. #14
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by The Airframer View Post
    The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act would require remaining licensed dealers to report any ammo purchase over 1,000 rounds to the ATF for investigation? How stupid is that!? This thing will hopefully never pass but if the communist stars align, I see bulk ammo being sold in bricks of 999.
    the 1000 rd thing is just what they want people to hear. Because most of the sheeple will say "duh, that sounds reaswonable" the real killer is requiring that only licensed dealers be able to sell ammo.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •