Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebration! Sunday 19AUG @ Sherman Perk in Milwaukee

Celebration! Sunday 19AUG @ Sherman Perk in Milwaukee

Mark your calendars:
    Sherman Perk Coffee Shop
    49th & Roosevelt, in Milwaukee (slightly north of St. Joseph's Hospital at 50th & Burleigh)
    Sunday 19AUG
    2-5pm

I'm renting the venue for a few hours after they're closed to throw a party & say thank you.
    If you want to come a bit earlier, that's fine.
    There is a school nearby, but of course there's no marking as to where the 1000' line is, so if you don't have a permission slip, & want to be armed, park in the parking lot.
    Bob (the owner) requests that people OC, but it's not required & you won't get in trouble if you don't.

Not sure yet if there will be party hats, but I have arranged for a food cart guy (Anthony, who is a nice person & also a regular customer of the shop). He grills hot dogs, brats, chicken.
    For those who were in the small group who did omelettes there one morning, it's the same person.

Drinks will of course be available through the shop.

Friends, neighbors, spouses, & well-behaved kids are welcome too. Just include them in your head count.
    In order to give the owner & the food cart guy some idea of what to expect, and to have enough ice cream, I would very much appreciate people letting me know if they're going to attend (by Wed. 15AUG).
    (Preferably on this thread, but PM here or on the Facebook announcement works too. Please sign up ONCE, else I'll have a count that's too high!)
    Last edited by MKEgal; 07-31-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Mark your calendars:
    Sherman Perk Coffee Shop
    49th & Roosevelt, in Milwaukee (slightly north of St. Joseph's Hospital at 50th & Burleigh)
    Sunday 19AUG
    2-5pm

I'm renting the venue for a few hours after they're closed to throw a party & say thank you.
    If you want to come a bit earlier, that's fine.
    There is a school nearby, but of course there's no marking as to where the 1000' line is, so if you don't have a permission slip, & want to be armed, park in the parking lot.
    Bob (the owner) requests that people OC, but it's not required & you won't get in trouble if you don't.

Not sure yet if there will be party hats, but I have arranged for a food cart guy (Anthony, who is a nice person & also a regular customer of the shop). He grills hot dogs, brats, chicken.
    For those who were in the small group who did omelettes there one morning, it's the same person.

Drinks will of course be available through the shop.

Friends, neighbors, spouses, & well-behaved kids are welcome too. Just include them in your head count.
    In order to give the owner & the food cart guy some idea of what to expect, and to have enough ice cream, I would very much appreciate people letting me know if they're going to attend (by Wed. 15AUG).
    (Preferably on this thread, but PM here or on the Facebook announcement works too. Please sign up ONCE, else I'll have a count that's too high!)

I won't be able to make it on a Sunday. Any other day is great. All my Sundays are locked in for quite some time. Congratulations again Krysta!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Wish I could be there but we will be partying with you in mind here in MI ( or as some call us... the mistake across the lake )

Be safe Krysta - your brother in arms.

- G9OS

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 08-01-2012 at 02:41 PM.

McX
    Yah Mo B There, up and Open

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HbbM-FG8lQ

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    I won't be able to make it on a Sunday. Any other day is great. All my Sundays are locked in for quite some time. Congratulations again Krysta!
    AAh, not me either. Found out that my daughter has a goat to enter the fair for her 4H on the 19th. If I don't comply with my Blonde wifey, I'll be sleeping on the couch for a long time. I won't be able to handle that for 1 night!
    Krysta. Save me a doggie bag. Keep safe. You and those who were at the Culver's incident give me confidence that I can CC/OC too. I'll plan a trip with wifey and plan to meet you all there in Miluakastan and Madistan.

If you CAN attend, please PM me or post on this thread.

I'm planning to rent the shop for a few hours after they normally close, but so far I've only had 3 people say they could come, so I might just move the gathering to earlier in the afternoon (during their normal hours), & not buy ice cream, & not have the food cart guy there.

McX
    so I might just move the gathering to earlier in the afternoon (during their normal hours), & not buy ice cream, & not have the food cart guy there.

might not be the worst idea, save some money. Let me know when you decide.

OK, so I have 5 definite & 3 maybe.

McX
    OK, so I have 5 definite & 3 maybe.
    sounds like grounds for a cook out at your place, more economical. i will disarm for burgers and beer!

5 yes, 3 maybe?! what a bunch of slack jawed fa..........never mind, got my knuckles racked for that one once. c'mon you hosers! that aint even 30% of any given starbucks numerical strength. what a bunch of slack jawed..............
    Last edited by McX; 08-03-2012 at 10:05 PM.

I'm in. Might try to bring 2-3 guests. I will confirm with them and update my count if they're coming. So mark me down for 1 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    sounds like grounds for a cook out at your place, more economical. i will disarm for burgers and beer!

5 yes, 3 maybe?! what a bunch of slack jawed fa..........never mind, got my knuckles racked for that one once. c'mon you hosers! that aint even 30% of any given starbucks numerical strength. what a bunch of slack jawed..............
    McX settle down. You think I don't want to come to meet all of you and MKE our new found leader?? Last home schooler left, heavily involved in 4H with our fair starting on the 9th. I don't want a cause for you know what... over this with wifey. She is a blonde and ahem... you know how they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider
    She is a blonde and ahem... you know how they are.
    Be glad she's not a redhead!

Campaign Veteran
    I'm in. I confirmed on the FB page, but I don't want mcx to yell at me.

*wink*

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm in +2.

Be glad she's not a redhead!
    Celebrate your victory. I am there in spirit. Pray that my gun will be released to me. Can't believe that I had to sign a fed and a state form after I got the CCL! The caliber? 3+2+2. You'll get it.

I'll ask my wife to dye her hair red. Maybe things will be spicier ha.

I can attend as long as you don't change it to any time before 1.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    bring your car of a million antennas there inspector gadget!

Between RSVPs here & Facebook, we're up to about a dozen people.
    I'd hoped for more, but it's a good start.
    Guess I'll scale down from the Gordon Food Service store box of ice cream sandwiches to simply going to Woodman's.

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Sorry for the delay in responding... Deb & I will try to make it, but no guarantees - we're putting on a large party Saturday night, and we need to break everything down and clean up on Sunday. So it's two definite maybe's!

We'll try to be there, but if we can't, of course you know we'll be there with you in spirit.
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

I will be there, let me know if you need any help with setup. Use the batphone!
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

McX
    Last edited by McX; 08-15-2012 at 01:30 PM.

"Setup", at least on my part, will be limited to bringing in the cooler w/ ice cream.
    Not planning on streamers & party hats.

Do you want anyone to bring anything? I'd be okay with throwing a dish of something or other together.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Re: Celebration! Sunday 19AUG @ Sherman Perk in Milwaukee

Mark your calendars:
    Sherman Perk Coffee Shop
    Sunday 19AUG
    2-5pm

Not sure yet if there will be party hats,
    Darn I thought party hats would have sent MPD over the edge, but no need to rub their noses in it I guess.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by NoTolerance
    Do you want anyone to bring anything?
    The shop sells drinks & some nibbles, much like Starbuck's (but better),
    and I've arranged to have one of the other regular customers bring his food cart, which sells brats & such.
    So with ice cream for dessert I think the bases are covered.
    Of course, I've rarely seen anyone turn down chocolate chip cookies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast