• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Celebration! Sunday 19AUG @ Sherman Perk in Milwaukee

MKEgal

Mark your calendars:
Sherman Perk Coffee Shop
49th & Roosevelt, in Milwaukee (slightly north of St. Joseph's Hospital at 50th & Burleigh)
Sunday 19AUG
2-5pm

I'm renting the venue for a few hours after they're closed to throw a party & say thank you.
If you want to come a bit earlier, that's fine.
There is a school nearby, but of course there's no marking as to where the 1000' line is, so if you don't have a permission slip, & want to be armed, park in the parking lot.
Bob (the owner) requests that people OC, but it's not required & you won't get in trouble if you don't.

Not sure yet if there will be party hats, but I have arranged for a food cart guy (Anthony, who is a nice person & also a regular customer of the shop). He grills hot dogs, brats, chicken.
For those who were in the small group who did omelettes there one morning, it's the same person.

Drinks will of course be available through the shop.

Friends, neighbors, spouses, & well-behaved kids are welcome too. Just include them in your head count.
In order to give the owner & the food cart guy some idea of what to expect, and to have enough ice cream, I would very much appreciate people letting me know if they're going to attend (by Wed. 15AUG).
(Preferably on this thread, but PM here or on the Facebook announcement works too. Please sign up ONCE, else I'll have a count that's too high!)

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Mark your calendars:
Sherman Perk Coffee Shop
49th & Roosevelt, in Milwaukee (slightly north of St. Joseph's Hospital at 50th & Burleigh)
Sunday 19AUG
2-5pm

I'm renting the venue for a few hours after they're closed to throw a party & say thank you.
If you want to come a bit earlier, that's fine.
There is a school nearby, but of course there's no marking as to where the 1000' line is, so if you don't have a permission slip, & want to be armed, park in the parking lot.
Bob (the owner) requests that people OC, but it's not required & you won't get in trouble if you don't.

Not sure yet if there will be party hats, but I have arranged for a food cart guy (Anthony, who is a nice person & also a regular customer of the shop). He grills hot dogs, brats, chicken.
For those who were in the small group who did omelettes there one morning, it's the same person.

Drinks will of course be available through the shop.

Friends, neighbors, spouses, & well-behaved kids are welcome too. Just include them in your head count.
In order to give the owner & the food cart guy some idea of what to expect, and to have enough ice cream, I would very much appreciate people letting me know if they're going to attend (by Wed. 15AUG).
(Preferably on this thread, but PM here or on the Facebook announcement works too. Please sign up ONCE, else I'll have a count that's too high!)

I won't be able to make it on a Sunday. Any other day is great. All my Sundays are locked in for quite some time. Congratulations again Krysta!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Wish I could be there but we will be partying with you in mind here in MI ( or as some call us... the mistake across the lake :rolleyes: )

Be safe Krysta - your brother in arms.

- G9OS :D

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Last edited:

Law abider

I won't be able to make it on a Sunday. Any other day is great. All my Sundays are locked in for quite some time. Congratulations again Krysta!

AAh, not me either. Found out that my daughter has a goat to enter the fair for her 4H on the 19th. If I don't comply with my Blonde wifey, I'll be sleeping on the couch for a long time. I won't be able to handle that for 1 night!
Krysta. Save me a doggie bag. Keep safe. You and those who were at the Culver's incident give me confidence that I can CC/OC too. I'll plan a trip with wifey and plan to meet you all there in Miluakastan and Madistan.:(:(:(

MKEgal

If you CAN attend, please PM me or post on this thread.

I'm planning to rent the shop for a few hours after they normally close, but so far I've only had 3 people say they could come, so I might just move the gathering to earlier in the afternoon (during their normal hours), & not buy ice cream, & not have the food cart guy there.

M

McX

so I might just move the gathering to earlier in the afternoon (during their normal hours), & not buy ice cream, & not have the food cart guy there.

might not be the worst idea, save some money. Let me know when you decide.

M

McX

OK, so I have 5 definite & 3 maybe.

sounds like grounds for a cook out at your place, more economical. i will disarm for burgers and beer!

5 yes, 3 maybe?! what a bunch of slack jawed fa..........never mind, got my knuckles racked for that one once. c'mon you hosers! that aint even 30% of any given starbucks numerical strength. what a bunch of slack jawed..............

Last edited:

NoTolerance

I'm in. Might try to bring 2-3 guests. I will confirm with them and update my count if they're coming. So mark me down for 1 for now.

Law abider

sounds like grounds for a cook out at your place, more economical. i will disarm for burgers and beer!

5 yes, 3 maybe?! what a bunch of slack jawed fa..........never mind, got my knuckles racked for that one once. c'mon you hosers! that aint even 30% of any given starbucks numerical strength. what a bunch of slack jawed..............

McX settle down. You think I don't want to come to meet all of you and MKE our new found leader?? Last home schooler left, heavily involved in 4H with our fair starting on the 9th. I don't want a cause for you know what... over this with wifey. She is a blonde and ahem... you know how they are.

Law abider

Be glad she's not a redhead! :shocker:
Celebrate your victory. I am there in spirit. Pray that my gun will be released to me. Can't believe that I had to sign a fed and a state form after I got the CCL! The caliber? 3+2+2. You'll get it.

I'll ask my wife to dye her hair red. Maybe things will be spicier ha.

MKEgal

Between RSVPs here & Facebook, we're up to about a dozen people.
I'd hoped for more, but it's a good start.
Guess I'll scale down from the Gordon Food Service store box of ice cream sandwiches to simply going to Woodman's.

Have Gun - Will Carry

Sorry for the delay in responding... Deb & I will try to make it, but no guarantees - we're putting on a large party Saturday night, and we need to break everything down and clean up on Sunday. So it's two definite maybe's!

We'll try to be there, but if we can't, of course you know we'll be there with you in spirit.