• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Celebration! Sunday 19AUG @ Sherman Perk in Milwaukee

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Mark your calendars:
Sherman Perk Coffee Shop
49th & Roosevelt, in Milwaukee (slightly north of St. Joseph's Hospital at 50th & Burleigh)
Sunday 19AUG
2-5pm

Not sure yet if there will be party hats,

Darn I thought party hats would have sent MPD over the edge, but no need to rub their noses in it I guess. :p

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

MKEgal

NoTolerance said:
Do you want anyone to bring anything?
The shop sells drinks & some nibbles, much like Starbuck's (but better),
and I've arranged to have one of the other regular customers bring his food cart, which sells brats & such.
So with ice cream for dessert I think the bases are covered.
Of course, I've rarely seen anyone turn down chocolate chip cookies... :rolleyes:

MKEgal

Two people, completely independent of each other (and I doubt they know each other) have suggested I invite various combinations of Chief Flynn, the DA, & the local MPD district officers.

I've invited my friend who happens to be employed as an MPD officer, & he might have mentioned it to the people he works with.

The rest (including Sheriff Clarke & his deputies) are welcome to show up as long as they behave themselves nicely & don't bother my friends or I, but I'm not going to contact them & they shouldn't be too surprised to have a cautious reception.

E6chevron

See you in a few minutes.

Reminder to those without CCL:

If it's raining, don't cover up your handgun with a shirt or jacket, while dealing with the rain. We haven't had much practice dealing with that situation this summer.

MKEgal

A good time was had, along with brats & ice cream sandwiches. :lol:
Bob (the owner) says we're welcome back any time.
I think my throat is a bit raw from talking so much.

Wish we'd been on the ball enough to get a picture with the deputy who showed up. Bob says he lives across the street, & would have been completely OK with that. A nice change from my last interaction with LEO.

And I was an idiot... left my car window down 1cm erso, thinking the first line of showers would be the only one.
Le sigh.
The car seat & carpeting will dry out.
Hope the rest of you left before this current storm hit.

E6chevron

+1

Had a great time, enjoyed the crew and the brew(root beer actually).

Fresh cooked brats and sweet corn, sassy women, nasty looking guys... summer in Milwaukee!

MKEgal, thanks for the ice cream sandwiches for dessert, too.

Last edited: