• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry potluck picnic in Wyandotte (Bishop Park) ALL are welcome!

MRMIKE40CAL

Mike A

Hope we get a great turn out. I still would like to see some kind hearted people that would come forward and bring a dish to pass around. I would just hate to see people that want to come and have a great time but not be able to enjoy something to eat. We have hotdogs, hamburgers, buns, chips, pop, water,baked beans, potato salad, veggie salad thats all we have so far. If you can help it will be greatly appreciated. See all of you at the Park! :banana:

Rockhunter 1620

Successful potluck picnic

Just wanted to thank Mike fer hosting a delightful picnic lunch at the park. Got to meet and and make friends with some fellers that were, up till now, just forum posterers with just screen names to me. A very pleasant afternoon all in all. The turnout could have been a little more or better, but that can be said about most all outings and git-togethers. But again, it was definitely a pleasantly wonderful afternoon. I even made time to chat fer a while with Randy and joined MOC. That was something I was wantin to do anyway. I really like Pat and am lookin foreward to havin more conversations with him in the future. So fer now, thanx again fellers fer bein so hospitable and makin a new guy and his wife feel welcome. Oh,and wendy was glad to see the banana split cake she made got finished off, to whomever had some, glad you liked it. And finally, I'm gonna make sure I attend the SB-59 rally in Monroe on the 25th., so long as I ain't got to work that day (home and family do come first)......RH :cool:

Last edited:

bagz013

I also had a good time at the outing.

I also had a good conversation with Pat. Computer screens must get him riled up beacuse he is quite nice in public :lol:

DanM

. . . he is quite nice in public :lol:

I think the same can be said of all our brothers/sisters in arms here. I've never met anyone here in person that wasn't easy to get along with IRL. We're keyboard warriors here sometimes, but I think we're all OK folks in person. That includes me.