• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gathering - Colorado Balloon Classic - Sep 1, 2, and 3rd

M-Taliesin

well im the guy in the video and we would love to come to the OC and we will be OC,

JR

Howdy Amigo!
Good for you! I am in your corner, you can bet on that. Who am I? Nobody in particular, but a very passionate defender of our rights under the 2nd amendment of the United States Constitution, along with Article 2, sections 3 and 13 of the Colorado Constitution.

I will be watching this very closely. I am also thinking of several strategies to bring a halt to this sort of abuse of power we are seeing in police agencies across Colorado. The time to stand up to tyranny is now, before they take the notion they can do as they please.

What happened to you is wrong, and I don't mean just a little bit, but majorly wrong.

It is my intention to write a number of articles, contact media sources, and stir the pot for jurisdictions that do not understand their role under the Constitution is to serve the citizen, not to be their masters or overlords.

I'll be writing more on this, and similar situations, soon enough. Until then, keep up the good fight and don't let them get you down!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Meanwhile, back at the primary topic.....

Howdy Folks!
After reconsideration of the circumstances, I'm in!
Just let me know when/where/time/gathering site, and I'll be there for sure.
All I need is enough lead time to arrange my schedule to attend these events.

With the papers I've been out serving, along with the bounty hunts I've been on,
I need to plan ahead to do anything novel!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

First post,

In light of the recent issue w/ the pride parade has anyone considered an OC event at Acacia park?

Howdy Pardner!
BINGO! That's one of a whole bunch of responses I have in mind!

Maybe couple that with a restraining order signed by every OC'er in Colorado Springs to prohibit CSPD from harassing, arresting or otherwise infringing upon a stated Constitutional right of the citizens of Colorado. In as much as evidence exists that they have, in fact, infringed on 2nd amendment rights, and violated Article 2, sections 3 and 13 of the Colorado Constitution, there are clear grounds for such an order of restraint. Evidence exists they employed threats, intimidation, and abuse of power against a law abiding citizen, giving rise to claims that an order of protection is warranted.

Wouldn't that last one stick in their craw something nasty? Especially considering people with restraining orders are denied the right to carry a firearm!!!

On a side note, my wife - who hasn't been following the case as closely as I have, asked the most important question.
"Would this have happened at a Pagan gathering, or a Christian gathering in the park, or some other civic, religious or similar organization....
or was it because this was a gay pride event!" BINGO

Therein lies another thorn to ***** the richards who arrested a law abiding citizen. Their action of arresting the law abiding citizen was, IMHO, a criminal act: i.e. false arrest, improper detainment, etc, etc. But given the circumstances, perhaps even a 'hate crime'?

I believe grounds exist to make this a federal case.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

mahkagari

or was it because this was a gay pride event!" BINGO

Therein lies another thorn to ***** the richards who arrested a law abiding citizen. Their action of arresting the law abiding citizen was, IMHO, a criminal act: i.e. false arrest, improper detainment, etc, etc. But given the circumstances, perhaps even a 'hate crime'?

I'm going to say "no". Probability is they did the illegal detainment because they didn't know the law and were on "alert" because of the Aurora shooting. Doesn't explain why more OCers aren't harrassed in the Springs. Also, one questions how they could not know that with El Paso's sheriff. There's a strong possibility that they didn't look into the law because of the orientation of the "suspect", but being a d0#che isn't a hate crime.

Though I hope our new forum member sues the pleated pants of the CSPD, I will note the reserve they demonstrated in not tasering, arm barring, nightsticking, etc. etc. until the arrest vehicle arrived. That is.....since the camera was rolling.

jthe88mike

Blessings,
M-Taliesin[/QUOTE]

if anyone know a Lawyer that would take the case im all ears, we have another video from a outside source and as soon as i can get it I will upload it

JR and Kiefer

Bellum_Intus

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

if anyone know a Lawyer that would take the case im all ears, we have another video from a outside source and as soon as i can get it I will upload it

JR and Kiefer

First, I'd not upload anything you'll be using in the lawsuit (any more) .. or make any statements re: the case.

The only atty I know is a Criminal Defense atty, not Civil..
Try RMGO, they may have some solutions, also , join the Open Carry supporters of Colorado on FB =)

--Rob

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

I'm going to say "no". Probability is they did the illegal detainment because they didn't know the law and were on "alert" because of the Aurora shooting. Doesn't explain why more OCers aren't harrassed in the Springs.

Though I hope our new forum member sues the pleated pants of the CSPD, I will note the reserve they demonstrated in not tasering, arm barring, nightsticking, etc. etc. until the arrest vehicle arrived. That is.....since the camera was rolling.

Howdy Amigo!
We've had OC meet and greets in the Springs without any hassle whatsoever.
We've had Oc'ers carry in Acacia park many times without hassle.
We've had OC events that never turned up any heat.
What single factor makes this case unique?

I don't know that they focused on a gay carrier. If they did, or circumstances appear they did so, they could rate the tag.
If it looks like a duck, etc, etc, it is likely a duck.
Appearances matter to a jury.

Just as they gave the appearance of restraint and reserve, knowing there were witnesses and a camera rolling.
I wonder if there would have been any such restraint if the situation was one in which nobody else was around.

But when the rubber meets the road, they violated this gentleman's rights under federal laws, as well as Colorado laws.
Ergo, the case could be made for a federal rap in this instance.
Remember that Rodney King got beaten by a bunch of cops hyped up on steroids, but they didn't know they were being video'd.
Cops beat the rap in the local courts. They got nailed on a federal rap for violation of civil rights.

There are certain similarities here that cannot be discounted too glibly.

I do not believe the cops demonstrated a great deal of restraint, when threats were made and when asked for reasons why, they refused to provide RAS!
Remember RAS? They must have Reasonable, Articulatable, Suspicion to investigate an individual. What was their RAS?????????????????

This is very similar to St. John v. Alamagordo Public Safety, which stated the mere presence of a handgun does not in and of itself justify detention of a citizen.
There must be RAS that the subject has committed, or is about to commit, a crime. He stated repeatedly that he was on his way to his vehicle intending to leave when confronted. WHAT RAS COULD THERE BE????

Point being, this was an outrageous violation of the man's civil rights.

Since nobody else who open carries in Colorado Springs ever seems to have trouble, over thousands upon thousands of outings, and this man gets nailed at a gay pride parade, I believe there is more than adequate suspicion, a reasonable, articulatable suspicion, that they focused on a gay carrier.
There are too many examples of carriers who went about their law abiding business in parks all over Colorado Springs without hassle.
Why this guy? Why at that particular event? Why at that particular time, when he stated clearly enough it was his intention to leave?

I sense a duck.

Thomas Jefferson said, "No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

mahkagari

JR and Kiefer

I'd start with the lawyer that represented Billy in his case in Loveland:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...d-CO-pays-15-000-to-settle-open-carry-lawsuit

Then also whoever Mapes in Thornton is using. They're up north and may have a full caseload, but may be able to point you to someone else.

And what Bellum said. Stop talking about it. Handle it through legal channels.

Last edited:

LoneEchoWolf

well im the guy in the video and we would love to come to the OC and we will be OC,

JR

Welcome to the Board! Sent you a message with a link to the thread via YT. As my friends have said id stop talking about the case untill your able to talk to a lawyer and see whats up. i dont know any off hand but id talk to the one that handled the loveland case as another has stated already.

Nelson Boyle
(720) 934-1459 voice
(303) 835-7100 fax
nelson@carterboyle.com

Again welcome to the board and way to try to stand your ground! we all here in Colorado got your back! Keep your eyes peeled for the event times, your more than welcome to join us on our meet and greet!

Side note: Could we get this Meet and greet sticky?

Last edited:

LoneEchoWolf

thanks for all the information im going to not be discussing this anymore until after i talk to the lawyer.

JR & Kiefer

If you need anything else feel free to PM me and i can try to help you out, and everyone on the Colorado Sub Forum are more than happy to answer any questions that may come up. I know itll be hard to not talk about or post something when you see everyone else talking about it or whatnot but it will be better for the Case and whatnot if you dont talk about it! Try to keep up to date on the dates and times were going to be meeting for this OC event in sept and hopefully by then you talked to a lawyer and have the ball rolling. More the Merrier at our Meet and greets!

mtmanchris83

In responce to the op, I'm in. I love going to the balloon fest. Just let me know when and were we'll be meeting. I'm also going to the Friday Night Fan Fest tonight and will be OCing.

LoneEchoWolf

Hey JR! nice article! Hope that them dropping the charge wont stop you from doing whats right and holding them accountable! Just a heads up, you can start a new thread about the incident, just please don't say anything new before running it past your lawyer first! We try to keep these threads on topic and i think if you start a new thread about the incident it could open up alot more people from Colorado and abroad to be able to comment on it! or just continue using the thread already opened by another member:http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?105711-Man-arrested-for-OC-in-Colorado-Springs-park Just don't want our M&G locked because its not "on topic." As always Stay Safe! and thanks for joining OCDO and sharing!