Thread: internet cafe foiled robbery in Florida

Campaign Veteran

internet cafe foiled robbery in Florida

This could have been your local coffee shop................

Last edited by Shadetreezj; 08-01-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Howdy Amigo!
    I am troubled by the relevance to the Colorado Board as the incident took place in Florida, and the 71 year old who took on those robbers was carrying concealed.

Don't see the relevance to Colorado, nor to open carry either.

There is a specific location to place this type of story, under "True Tales of Self Defense", and would be more appropriate in that board.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/fo...f-Self-Defense

As the story is two weeks old, and has gone viral over the internet, it may be a bit dated, and is already reported on the True Tales of Self Defense board.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...oots-2-Robbers

When posting, it is hoped the topic of a post will be of relevance to the specific board it is posted in.
    I ain't trying to bust your chops here, but trying to suggest the appropriate location for this particular post, in that it hasn't anything to do with open carry or of particular relevance to Colorado.

Appreciate the thought, though.
    Are you going to Franktown on the 4th?

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Last edited by M-Taliesin; 08-01-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Well, if it had been in Colorado (JeffCo) the old man would have probably been facing a slew of felony charges and the suspects would have been awarded the keys to the city and a civil settlement for hurting their feelings...
    Last edited by Scotsman; 08-01-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    Insert witty sig line here...this space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Amigo!
    I am troubled by the relevance to the Colorado Board as the incident took place in Florida, and the 71 year old who took on those robbers was carrying concealed.

There is a specific location to place this type of story, under "True Tales of Self Defense", and would be more appropriate in that board.
    C'mon, M-T. Loosen your expensive hatband.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
    Well, if it had been in Colorado (JeffCo) the old man would have probably been facing a slew of felony charges and the suspects would have been awarded the keys to the city and a civil settlement for hurting their feelings...
    Cite?

Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    Cite?
    Here ya go...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...98/detail.html

81 year old man shoots a couple of illegals stealing HIS trailer on HIS property and gets charged and convicted by the JeffCo D.A. Scott Story. Complete b.s in my opinion. Under the circumstances I think the D.A. should have exercised a little prosecutorial discretion.
    Last edited by Scotsman; 08-01-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
    Here ya go...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...98/detail.html

81 year old man shoots a couple of illegals stealing HIS trailer on HIS property and gets charged and convicted by the JeffCo D.A. Scott Story. Complete b.s in my opinion. Under the circumstances I think the D.A. should have exercised a little prosecutorial discretion.
    Howdy Scotsman!
    This was a tragic miscarriage of justice if one was ever cited.
    I remember the case well.

He fired at two hoods stealing his trailer from his own proprty in Wheatridge, and hit one of them as they drove their truck at him with intent to run him down.
    They confiscated his firearm, is likely to be prohibited from owning firearms in the future, and put him through pure hell along the way.

And they paved the way for the man to be sued in civil court by the 'victims' of his shooting at them.

You are right, about those guys not being from around these parts.

Our justice system has been turned upside down, favoring the bad guys over the decent, hard working, citizens of our fair state.
    Another example being the bust on an OC'er in Thornton a few days ago. Travesty in the extreme.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Howdy Scotsman!
    This was a tragic miscarriage of justice if one was ever cited.
    I remember the case well.

He fired at two hoods stealing his trailer from his own proprty in Wheatridge, and hit one of them as they drove their truck at him with intent to run him down.
    They confiscated his firearm, is likely to be prohibited from owning firearms in the future, and put him through pure hell along the way.

And they paved the way for the man to be sued in civil court by the 'victims' of his shooting at them.

You are right, about those guys not being from around these parts.

Our justice system has been turned upside down, favoring the bad guys over the decent, hard working, citizens of our fair state.
    Another example being the bust on an OC'er in Thornton a few days ago. Travesty in the extreme.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Yeah the JeffCo D.A. was a real a-hole for prosecuting this case. Justice was definitely aborted in this instance.

Howdy Amigo!

As the story is two weeks old, and has gone viral over the internet, it may be a bit dated, and is already reported on the True Tales of Self Defense board.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...oots-2-Robbers

When posting, it is hoped the topic of a post will be of relevance to the specific board it is posted in.
    I ain't trying to bust your chops here, but trying to suggest the appropriate location for this particular post, in that it hasn't anything to do with open carry or of particular relevance to Colorado.

Appreciate the thought, though.
    Are you going to Franktown on the 4th?

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    And... Why haven't the admins made you a mod, yet? In my day, you'd been one long ago. Might have had to ride herd on you on occasion, but I'd have given you the reigns, as you've proven yourself accountable.

Besides, I fully expect my mods to do the same!

Ah, well.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    And... Why haven't the admins made you a mod, yet? Ah, well.
    Howdy Pard!
    I dunno whether I'd be worthwhile as a mod, but the I can be had! LOL!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin