• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

internet cafe foiled robbery in Florida

Shadetreezj

Campaign Veteran
This could have been your local coffee shop................

[video=youtube;RYA78ss-B-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYA78ss-B-o[/video]

anTo0.gif

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
I am troubled by the relevance to the Colorado Board as the incident took place in Florida, and the 71 year old who took on those robbers was carrying concealed.

Don't see the relevance to Colorado, nor to open carry either.

There is a specific location to place this type of story, under "True Tales of Self Defense", and would be more appropriate in that board.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?136-True-Tales-of-Self-Defense

As the story is two weeks old, and has gone viral over the internet, it may be a bit dated, and is already reported on the True Tales of Self Defense board.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?104858-Customer-At-Internet-Cafe-Shoots-2-Robbers

When posting, it is hoped the topic of a post will be of relevance to the specific board it is posted in.
I ain't trying to bust your chops here, but trying to suggest the appropriate location for this particular post, in that it hasn't anything to do with open carry or of particular relevance to Colorado.

Appreciate the thought, though.
Are you going to Franktown on the 4th?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

Scotsman

Well, if it had been in Colorado (JeffCo) the old man would have probably been facing a slew of felony charges and the suspects would have been awarded the keys to the city and a civil settlement for hurting their feelings...

Last edited:

mahkagari

Howdy Amigo!
I am troubled by the relevance to the Colorado Board as the incident took place in Florida, and the 71 year old who took on those robbers was carrying concealed.

There is a specific location to place this type of story, under "True Tales of Self Defense", and would be more appropriate in that board.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?136-True-Tales-of-Self-Defense

C'mon, M-T. Loosen your expensive hatband.

Well, if it had been in Colorado (JeffCo) the old man would have probably been facing a slew of felony charges and the suspects would have been awarded the keys to the city and a civil settlement for hurting their feelings...

Cite?

Scotsman

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Here ya go...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/25145698/detail.html

81 year old man shoots a couple of illegals stealing HIS trailer on HIS property and gets charged and convicted by the JeffCo D.A. Scott Story. Complete b.s in my opinion. Under the circumstances I think the D.A. should have exercised a little prosecutorial discretion.

Howdy Scotsman!
This was a tragic miscarriage of justice if one was ever cited.
I remember the case well.

He fired at two hoods stealing his trailer from his own proprty in Wheatridge, and hit one of them as they drove their truck at him with intent to run him down.
They confiscated his firearm, is likely to be prohibited from owning firearms in the future, and put him through pure hell along the way.

And they paved the way for the man to be sued in civil court by the 'victims' of his shooting at them.

You are right, about those guys not being from around these parts.

Our justice system has been turned upside down, favoring the bad guys over the decent, hard working, citizens of our fair state.
Another example being the bust on an OC'er in Thornton a few days ago. Travesty in the extreme.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Scotsman

Howdy Scotsman!
This was a tragic miscarriage of justice if one was ever cited.
I remember the case well.

He fired at two hoods stealing his trailer from his own proprty in Wheatridge, and hit one of them as they drove their truck at him with intent to run him down.
They confiscated his firearm, is likely to be prohibited from owning firearms in the future, and put him through pure hell along the way.

And they paved the way for the man to be sued in civil court by the 'victims' of his shooting at them.

You are right, about those guys not being from around these parts.

Our justice system has been turned upside down, favoring the bad guys over the decent, hard working, citizens of our fair state.
Another example being the bust on an OC'er in Thornton a few days ago. Travesty in the extreme.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Yeah the JeffCo D.A. was a real a-hole for prosecuting this case. Justice was definitely aborted in this instance.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Howdy Amigo!

As the story is two weeks old, and has gone viral over the internet, it may be a bit dated, and is already reported on the True Tales of Self Defense board.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?104858-Customer-At-Internet-Cafe-Shoots-2-Robbers

When posting, it is hoped the topic of a post will be of relevance to the specific board it is posted in.
I ain't trying to bust your chops here, but trying to suggest the appropriate location for this particular post, in that it hasn't anything to do with open carry or of particular relevance to Colorado.

Appreciate the thought, though.
Are you going to Franktown on the 4th?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

And... Why haven't the admins made you a mod, yet? In my day, you'd been one long ago. Might have had to ride herd on you on occasion, but I'd have given you the reigns, as you've proven yourself accountable.

Besides, I fully expect my mods to do the same!

Ah, well.