Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lifetime NRA memberships available for $500 .. get it while it lasts

Lifetime NRA memberships available for $500 .. get it while it lasts

There is a promotoion to become a NRA life member for those that are interestred for $500 (usually a $1000).

This offer expires either tomorrow or Thursday...so maybe plan on it expiring tomorrow to be safe. Here is the Link:

http://membership.nrahq.org/facebooklife.

Donate to the group that actually defends the 2nd amendment.

http://www.saf.org/default.asp?p=safdonation
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Donate to the group that actually defends the 2nd amendment.

Good Point!! THANKS!

Banned
    donate to the group that actually defends the 2nd amendment.

b-i-n-g-o

I won't break forum rules by bashing, but I will say this;

1. I wouldn't become a life member even if it were free, and

2. Are they perhaps lowering their prices in a desperate grab for more members?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post

+1
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Yes!

It's an Election Year and anything that increases their cash flow will help their efforts to support various candidates.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

1. Why not if it were free the anti gun people are terrified of them, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

2. Over 4 million members last I checked, see amlevins post.

I always hate to see this type of post because they are so short sighted, nothing like helping the antis to divide and conquer. This is akin to the CC people bashing the OC people or the trap shooter saying I don't shoot pistols so who cares what rules are put in place for pistols. Choose to not support the NRA if you like, you do not have to like what they do or how they do it but they are still our allies.

Like your mother undoubtedly told you if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything.
    Last edited by Jeff Hayes; 08-02-2012 at 12:54 AM.

How about the enemy is my enemy?

I deliberately kept what I said civil and objective, so please explain to me how what I said "wasn't nice"? My mother also told me that the truth will hurt/offend some people, but I should still say it.

In my state, the NRA gave Sen. Jake Knotts an "A" rating. Jake Knotts is a menace to our gun rights; now please tell me how the NRA endorsement makes sense? Please explain to me how they are our allies? Because of the NRA, we in SC got legislation passed that allows us to buy rifles out of state and 'saturday night special' guns. We did NOT get restaurant carry, or open carry, or any of the other legislation presented during this recent session.

I'm not out to bash the NRA; join if you wish. I just fail to see how boogeyman tactics (send us money or Obama will come and take your guns!!!) and only supporting bills that furthers their agenda rather than ours is helping us.

I'm with PPM on this one, just like I will not endorse or choose the "lesser of two evils" I will not endorse or support groups that compromise or have a large history of helping negotiate rights away.

Just a personal choice.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

How about the enemy is my enemy?

I deliberately kept what I said civil and objective, so please explain to me how what I said "wasn't nice"? My mother also told me that the truth will hurt/offend some people, but I should still say it.

In my state, the NRA gave Sen. Jake Knotts an "A" rating. Jake Knotts is a menace to our gun rights; now please tell me how the NRA endorsement makes sense? Please explain to me how they are our allies? Because of the NRA, we in SC got legislation passed that allows us to buy rifles out of state and 'saturday night special' guns. We did NOT get restaurant carry, or open carry, or any of the other legislation presented during this recent session.

I'm not out to bash the NRA; join if you wish. I just fail to see how boogeyman tactics (send us money or Obama will come and take your guns!!!) and only supporting bills that furthers their agenda rather than ours is helping us.
    Well I would not call I wouldn't say "1. I wouldn't become a life member even if it were free," a nice statement. All I see there is a quote that the anti gun people can use.

I know nothing about Mr. Knotts so I have no comment.

So the NRA only managed to help get "legislation passed that allows us to buy rifles out of state and 'saturday night special' guns." but did not manage to get a few other bills through. Correct me if I am wrong you are upset that they only had partial success in your state. I hate to tell you this but is it a rare occasion that everyone gets everything they want in a single legislative session.

So you do not like the NRAs tactics OK I can understand that and you are welcome to your opinion. One question are you upset with everyone else that has a different agenda than "OURS"? The question you have to ask yourself is does the NRA help defend our 2nd A rights, would we be better off if they were gone.

I support every group that supports our 2nd A rights, the NRA has done a lot for our rights and will continue to do a lot for our rights without them in DC we would have a lot different gun laws. Do they do everything like I would like them to, heck no. One thing I know for sure is that the NRA is the largest most powerful gun organization in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I'm with PPM on this one, just like I will not endorse or choose the "lesser of two evils" I will not endorse or support groups that compromise or have a large history of helping negotiate rights away.

Just a personal choice.
    You are now divided and a lot easier to defeat. I am not saying send them money or join just do not say things like I would not take a free membership that only helps, encourages, the antis. You and I get upset when the CC crowd says OC is stupid and I would not do that no way no how. But then you turn around and do basically the same thing by bad mouthing the NRA even of it is indirectly.

We as gun owners need to have a united front or we will be picked off one at a time.

I do not like a lot of things that other OCers do but I support them anyway.

I fail to see how the antis could effectively use that statement. Please give me some examples.

I also fail to see how what I said was "not nice". Just because you didn't like it doesn't make it insulting, derogatory, rude, mean or bashing.

My point about which legislation was passed versus which ones weren't, was to highlight that the NRA backed what they wanted, to show they were doing 'something', but they did not support the bills that would have mattered. Since they are the most powerful gun organization, as you said, surely if they wanted Restaurant or Open carry passed, they could have achieved it. They didn't. So either they aren't as powerful as they and their supporters claim, or such legislation was not favorable to them.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I respect that you support them; you could at least reciprocate by respecting my decision to not support them without making comments about my allegedly providing fodder for the antis and comparing me to CC'ers that hate OC'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    But then you turn around and do basically the same thing by bad mouthing the NRA even of it is indirectly.
    Saying that we would not support the NRA is not bad mouthing it, directly or indirectly. Please stop mis-interpreting things.

Really? Because you're not being supportive right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    You are now divided and a lot easier to defeat. I am not saying send them money or join just do not say things like I would not take a free membership that only helps, encourages, the antis. You and I get upset when the CC crowd says OC is stupid and I would not do that no way no how. But then you turn around and do basically the same thing by bad mouthing the NRA even of it is indirectly.

We as gun owners need to have a united front or we will be picked off one at a time.

I understand the logistics of it, but I personally don't like the way NRA handles our rights, I'd rather give to GOA. I don't fault anyone for joining them or fighting with them and I will too, when what they do agrees with my conscience.

To me OC'ers are individuals acting on their own, coming together when they need it, NRA is a large political organization who even support 1st amendment restriction......... but they were exempt.

I think gun owners across U.S. should look how much we have accomplished as OC'ers without being a large gun organization and model their defense after simply not compromising rights.

P.S I might need your engineering/consulting expertise....when I can formulate my idea better I'll e-mail ya.

I understand the logistics of it, but I personally don't like the way NRA handles our rights, I'd rather give to GOA. I don't fault anyone for joining them or fighting with them and I will too, when what they do agrees with my conscience.

To me OC'ers are individuals acting on their own, coming together when they need it, NRA is a large political organization who even support 1st amendment restriction......... but they were exempt.

I think gun owners across U.S. should look how much we have accomplished as OC'ers without being a large gun organization and model their defense after simply not compromising rights.

P.S I might need your engineering/consulting expertise....when I can formulate my idea better I'll e-mail ya.
    And yet you enjoy those items where supporters of the NRA and other Run Right Group have been able to accomplish and with out them we would be singing a different tune.

We have a couple words to express this, ungrateful and unappreciative and that we cannot go it alone.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    And yet you enjoy those items where supporters of the NRA and other Run Right Group have been able to accomplish and with out them we would be singing a different tune.

We have a couple words to express this, ungrateful and unappreciative and that we cannot go it alone.
    I also suffer from the many restrictions they help create........

So I guess you believe in Obama's statement "you didn't create that"......

You assume too much........but it's ok, I know how some feel the same about me not supporting fascist neocon politicians either........

I'd rather give to GOA.

So do you? Have you sent them a check lately?

Lots of people talk about who they would or wouldn't support but when it comes right down to it, their money remains in their pocket.

Like it or not, the latest favorable rulings by the Supremes were a result of the NRA and SAF. As for GOA, their activity seems to be mostly that of filing amicus brief's while letting the NRA and SAF do the heavy lifting. GOA certainly does like to take credit though.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post

Lots of people talk about who they would or wouldn't support but when it comes right down to it, their money remains in their pocket.

Like it or not, the latest favorable rulings by the Supremes were a result of the NRA and SAF. As for GOA, their activity seems to be mostly that of filing amicus brief's while letting the NRA and SAF do the heavy lifting. GOA certainly does like to take credit though.
    I'ts been a while since I sent them anything, I like their politics better than NRA.

I have contributed to individuals fighting for rights more. I believe that is where the true fight is. And I know my money is being better used. Like I said earlier it's a personal choice.

I guess by some logic those who haven't contributed to individuals fighting for our rights or against government intrusion into them are "unappreciative, and ungrateful"...

Seems that some just like to bite the hand that feeds them because they did not get enough or it didn't taste just right

DeltaOps in case you did not know there are more here that feel similar as you do they just choose not to hear the rhetoric of some.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.

Seems that some just like to bite the hand that feeds them because they did not get enough or it didn't taste just right

DeltaOps in case you did not know there are more here that feel similar as you do they just choose not to hear the rhetoric of some.
    Has DeltaOps posted somewhere in this thread?

Has DeltaOps posted somewhere in this thread?
    Does it really matter? COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal insult
    Last edited by John Pierce; 08-03-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Does it really matter? I didn't asked for a Clown Comment but got one.
    So, I am trying to follow the tread. I ask a simple legitimate question and I get a personal insult. Thanks for letting me know where I stand.
    Live Free or Die!

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post

I think the NRA has done some good things and we should support them. But they can't do it all and often compromise in ways we might not agree with. This is why we should also support the smaller guys.

I think of the BIGGEST wins ever for the 2A was Heller Vs DC, a case the NRA declined to take. The case was a huge step making clear that firearm ownership is a civil right.

If you are considering a place to put your financial support please look into the hellerfoundation.org

They are moving to place follow up suits in place that could make giant leaps for the 2A cause!
    Please support them
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

I like their politics better than NRA.
    +1
    That in and of itself is a much better way of putting things than a comment like
    1. I wouldn't become a life member even if it were free,
    I am a member of NRA. I remain a member not because of the CEO's Pro-Gun stance, but because of all the good they do based upon their founding principles of providing firearms Education and improvement, including Hunter and Youth programs.

Being a disabled/retired vet I do not have the cash to give to every pro-gun organization out here, so I give what I can when I can to those who can articulate a rational real need.

Based upon some comments I have seen, its inferred that because I do not financially support everyone of the gun-rights/pro-gun organizations other than the NRA makes me a bad person. Oh well then, so be it, I'll be that bad person who picks and chooses those he sees as promoting the greater good and will let everyone know of those who I feel have done me wrong, that I will not.
    Last edited by LkWd_Don; 08-02-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast