• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lifetime NRA memberships available for $500 .. get it while it lasts

PistolPackingMomma

I won't break forum rules by bashing, but I will say this;

1. I wouldn't become a life member even if it were free, and

2. Are they perhaps lowering their prices in a desperate grab for more members?

Jeff Hayes

I won't break forum rules by bashing, but I will say this;

1. I wouldn't become a life member even if it were free, and

2. Are they perhaps lowering their prices in a desperate grab for more members?

1. Why not if it were free the anti gun people are terrified of them, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

2. Over 4 million members last I checked, see amlevins post.

I always hate to see this type of post because they are so short sighted, nothing like helping the antis to divide and conquer. This is akin to the CC people bashing the OC people or the trap shooter saying I don't shoot pistols so who cares what rules are put in place for pistols. Choose to not support the NRA if you like, you do not have to like what they do or how they do it but they are still our allies.

Like your mother undoubtedly told you if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

How about the enemy is my enemy?

I deliberately kept what I said civil and objective, so please explain to me how what I said "wasn't nice"? My mother also told me that the truth will hurt/offend some people, but I should still say it.

In my state, the NRA gave Sen. Jake Knotts an "A" rating. Jake Knotts is a menace to our gun rights; now please tell me how the NRA endorsement makes sense? Please explain to me how they are our allies? Because of the NRA, we in SC got legislation passed that allows us to buy rifles out of state and 'saturday night special' guns. We did NOT get restaurant carry, or open carry, or any of the other legislation presented during this recent session.

I'm not out to bash the NRA; join if you wish. I just fail to see how boogeyman tactics (send us money or Obama will come and take your guns!!!) and only supporting bills that furthers their agenda rather than ours is helping us.

sudden valley gunner

I'm with PPM on this one, just like I will not endorse or choose the "lesser of two evils" I will not endorse or support groups that compromise or have a large history of helping negotiate rights away.

Just a personal choice.

Jeff Hayes

How about the enemy is my enemy?

I deliberately kept what I said civil and objective, so please explain to me how what I said "wasn't nice"? My mother also told me that the truth will hurt/offend some people, but I should still say it.

In my state, the NRA gave Sen. Jake Knotts an "A" rating. Jake Knotts is a menace to our gun rights; now please tell me how the NRA endorsement makes sense? Please explain to me how they are our allies? Because of the NRA, we in SC got legislation passed that allows us to buy rifles out of state and 'saturday night special' guns. We did NOT get restaurant carry, or open carry, or any of the other legislation presented during this recent session.

I'm not out to bash the NRA; join if you wish. I just fail to see how boogeyman tactics (send us money or Obama will come and take your guns!!!) and only supporting bills that furthers their agenda rather than ours is helping us.

Well I would not call I wouldn't say "1. I wouldn't become a life member even if it were free," a nice statement. All I see there is a quote that the anti gun people can use.

I know nothing about Mr. Knotts so I have no comment.

So the NRA only managed to help get "legislation passed that allows us to buy rifles out of state and 'saturday night special' guns." but did not manage to get a few other bills through. Correct me if I am wrong you are upset that they only had partial success in your state. I hate to tell you this but is it a rare occasion that everyone gets everything they want in a single legislative session.

So you do not like the NRAs tactics OK I can understand that and you are welcome to your opinion. One question are you upset with everyone else that has a different agenda than "OURS"? The question you have to ask yourself is does the NRA help defend our 2nd A rights, would we be better off if they were gone.

I support every group that supports our 2nd A rights, the NRA has done a lot for our rights and will continue to do a lot for our rights without them in DC we would have a lot different gun laws. Do they do everything like I would like them to, heck no. One thing I know for sure is that the NRA is the largest most powerful gun organization in the country.

Jeff Hayes

I'm with PPM on this one, just like I will not endorse or choose the "lesser of two evils" I will not endorse or support groups that compromise or have a large history of helping negotiate rights away.

Just a personal choice.

You are now divided and a lot easier to defeat. I am not saying send them money or join just do not say things like I would not take a free membership that only helps, encourages, the antis. You and I get upset when the CC crowd says OC is stupid and I would not do that no way no how. But then you turn around and do basically the same thing by bad mouthing the NRA even of it is indirectly.

We as gun owners need to have a united front or we will be picked off one at a time.

I do not like a lot of things that other OCers do but I support them anyway.

PistolPackingMomma

I fail to see how the antis could effectively use that statement. Please give me some examples.

I also fail to see how what I said was "not nice". Just because you didn't like it doesn't make it insulting, derogatory, rude, mean or bashing.

My point about which legislation was passed versus which ones weren't, was to highlight that the NRA backed what they wanted, to show they were doing 'something', but they did not support the bills that would have mattered. Since they are the most powerful gun organization, as you said, surely if they wanted Restaurant or Open carry passed, they could have achieved it. They didn't. So either they aren't as powerful as they and their supporters claim, or such legislation was not favorable to them.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I respect that you support them; you could at least reciprocate by respecting my decision to not support them without making comments about my allegedly providing fodder for the antis and comparing me to CC'ers that hate OC'ers.

PistolPackingMomma

But then you turn around and do basically the same thing by bad mouthing the NRA even of it is indirectly.

Saying that we would not support the NRA is not bad mouthing it, directly or indirectly. Please stop mis-interpreting things.

Really? Because you're not being supportive right now.

sudden valley gunner

You are now divided and a lot easier to defeat. I am not saying send them money or join just do not say things like I would not take a free membership that only helps, encourages, the antis. You and I get upset when the CC crowd says OC is stupid and I would not do that no way no how. But then you turn around and do basically the same thing by bad mouthing the NRA even of it is indirectly.

We as gun owners need to have a united front or we will be picked off one at a time.

I understand the logistics of it, but I personally don't like the way NRA handles our rights, I'd rather give to GOA. I don't fault anyone for joining them or fighting with them and I will too, when what they do agrees with my conscience.

To me OC'ers are individuals acting on their own, coming together when they need it, NRA is a large political organization who even support 1st amendment restriction......... but they were exempt.

I think gun owners across U.S. should look how much we have accomplished as OC'ers without being a large gun organization and model their defense after simply not compromising rights.

P.S I might need your engineering/consulting expertise....when I can formulate my idea better I'll e-mail ya.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I understand the logistics of it, but I personally don't like the way NRA handles our rights, I'd rather give to GOA. I don't fault anyone for joining them or fighting with them and I will too, when what they do agrees with my conscience.

To me OC'ers are individuals acting on their own, coming together when they need it, NRA is a large political organization who even support 1st amendment restriction......... but they were exempt.

I think gun owners across U.S. should look how much we have accomplished as OC'ers without being a large gun organization and model their defense after simply not compromising rights.

P.S I might need your engineering/consulting expertise....when I can formulate my idea better I'll e-mail ya.

And yet you enjoy those items where supporters of the NRA and other Run Right Group have been able to accomplish and with out them we would be singing a different tune.

We have a couple words to express this, ungrateful and unappreciative and that we cannot go it alone.

sudden valley gunner

And yet you enjoy those items where supporters of the NRA and other Run Right Group have been able to accomplish and with out them we would be singing a different tune.

We have a couple words to express this, ungrateful and unappreciative and that we cannot go it alone.

I also suffer from the many restrictions they help create........:rolleyes:

So I guess you believe in Obama's statement "you didn't create that"......

You assume too much........but it's ok, I know how some feel the same about me not supporting fascist neocon politicians either........

amlevin

I'd rather give to GOA.

So do you? Have you sent them a check lately?

Lots of people talk about who they would or wouldn't support but when it comes right down to it, their money remains in their pocket.

Like it or not, the latest favorable rulings by the Supremes were a result of the NRA and SAF. As for GOA, their activity seems to be mostly that of filing amicus brief's while letting the NRA and SAF do the heavy lifting. GOA certainly does like to take credit though.

sudden valley gunner

So do you? Have you sent them a check lately?

Lots of people talk about who they would or wouldn't support but when it comes right down to it, their money remains in their pocket.

Like it or not, the latest favorable rulings by the Supremes were a result of the NRA and SAF. As for GOA, their activity seems to be mostly that of filing amicus brief's while letting the NRA and SAF do the heavy lifting. GOA certainly does like to take credit though.

I'ts been a while since I sent them anything, I like their politics better than NRA.

I have contributed to individuals fighting for rights more. I believe that is where the true fight is. And I know my money is being better used. Like I said earlier it's a personal choice.

I guess by some logic those who haven't contributed to individuals fighting for our rights or against government intrusion into them are "unappreciative, and ungrateful"...:rolleyes:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Seems that some just like to bite the hand that feeds them because they did not get enough or it didn't taste just right:eek:

DeltaOps in case you did not know there are more here that feel similar as you do they just choose not to hear the rhetoric of some.