• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SP101 and PF9

101er

I like to carry my sp101 .357, it has a 3 inch barrel and I use a mil-tec holster, very basic and I just can't enjoy it, I feel like I'm always worrying about it. Same thing with my pf9, I have an uncle mikes holster that is the same way. Trying to find a nice IWB SOB angled type holster without detroying my bank accunt. I don't have a plentiful amount of gun stores readily accessible, they're around but time consuming to get to, and with my work schedule it's extremely difficult to get to. Not sure but I was hoping to find someone who carries one or both of these to help shed some light.

MamaLiberty

Most of us eventually learn - the hard way - that it is less expensive in the long run to buy a decent holster the first time (or as close to the first time as possible...) because the cheap stuff is the cheap stuff and either won't do the job or won't wear long enough to be worth anything. I have an entire box full of holsters, belts and so forth I can't use, a lot because I was trying to "save money." The box of stuff wound up costing far more money than I eventually paid for one GOOD rig - which I've worn and used for many years now.

If you are going to take on the awesome responsibility of carrying a gun, it would seem wise to be as careful of your gear as you are of your gun. You can't effectively use the gun if you can't reliably and smoothly draw it and get it presented. Invest in the best rig you can possibly afford and spend some more money on training and practice.

Would you insure your home for 1/4 of what it is worth? :) I didn't think so. Remember not to be penny wise and pound foolish.

101er

Most of us eventually learn - the hard way - that it is less expensive in the long run to buy a decent holster the first time (or as close to the first time as possible...) because the cheap stuff is the cheap stuff and either won't do the job or won't wear long enough to be worth anything. I have an entire box full of holsters, belts and so forth I can't use, a lot because I was trying to "save money." The box of stuff wound up costing far more money than I eventually paid for one GOOD rig - which I've worn and used for many years now.

If you are going to take on the awesome responsibility of carrying a gun, it would seem wise to be as careful of your gear as you are of your gun. You can't effectively use the gun if you can't reliably and smoothly draw it and get it presented. Invest in the best rig you can possibly afford and spend some more money on training and practice.

Would you insure your home for 1/4 of what it is worth? :) I didn't think so. Remember not to be penny wise and pound foolish.

Thanks guys and Mama. Ive been trying to.look locally but I think Ive decide on a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake for the sp101,Im going to give another week of searching. The pf9 there are holsters around.I.just havent decided what feels best but hopefully friday ill have the pancake on order and the pf9 on me.
comfortably