Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aggressive armed cop Scenario, with a video

Aggressive armed cop Scenario, with a video

Ok so here is a scenario: Officer never identifying himself, approaches very aggressively and starts demanding ID and grabbing the camera. Then begins to pursue you and draws what appears to be a weapon. What do you do??? From the 1st person perspective, the 3rd party there, or just seeing it from a distance.

Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Banned
    Appears to be a weapon? That's his duty taser ...
    In TX = no ID law

I would let him arrest me and get $$$ in court

The person here might be a LEO but he was working as private security at that moment.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    Ok so here is a scenario: Officer never identifying himself, approaches very aggressively and starts demanding ID and grabbing the camera. Then begins to pursue you and draws what appears to be a weapon. What do you do??? From the 1st person perspective, the 3rd party there, or just seeing it from a distance.

???
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

McX
    probably not enough fiber in his diet, and in need of a colonic flush.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Where are all the claims that this stuff never happens and all cops are good people that just want to serve the public?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    The person here might be a LEO but he was working as private security at that moment.
    Maybe ... even more $$$$

It is people like this that should NEVER be in position of any authority. He doesn't have the mental and emotional capability to handle stressfull situtions. I hope he gets fired from security and the police force.

Another fine example of people looking for a problem/ probable response and finding it.

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    But he is in apparently full uniform and his car is parked along the curb to the left. In Law Enforcement you are never really off the clock. Your authority exists any time of day in your jurisdiction. So the line of security vs LEO is very murky. From what I heard the departments will contract out to whoever wants to pay. So if you want one sitting on your lawn all night long, just pay the local agency and they will park one there as long as your paying.
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 08-01-2012 at 11:38 PM.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Appears to be a weapon? That's his duty taser ...
    In TX = no ID law

I would let him arrest me and get $$$ in court

I would assume it's a weapon wouldn't you??? That's the first thing I thought when he drew it out. It doesn't have any bright yellow markings like the one's I have seen.

I would assume it's a weapon wouldn't you??? That's the first thing I thought when he drew it out. It doesn't have any bright yellow markings like the one's I have seen.
    Yep, looked like a big mf'n Hi-Point .45 or something to me.

Banned
    Well, the guy knew what it was, yelling "don't taze me!" .. sound like he has been tazed before.

Guy seems like a regular cop ... I had a cop in a local courthouse screaming at me to remove my hat (I was not in a courtroom, just in the foyer) ... I ignored him and for some reason he got angrier. Yelling and yelling ... but I've been yelled at enough, it does not bother me. Then he said he was going to arrest me...I just stuck out my hands, ready for cuffing. Ahhh, no arrested was I. I could have used 5-10K in my pocket.

Police for some reason must be slow to evolve.

How is it that camera phone have been out for more than a decade, yet police all of a sudden lose complete control and rationality when they are being used in a public place?

Sorry LEO's, we are now able to watch the watchmen everywhere.

Either get used to it, or find another line of work.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hahah View Post
    Another fine example of people looking for a problem/ probable response and finding it.
    If there is PC of a crime, proceed. If not follow the law and do nothing - simple isn't it.

You sir are gaining a reputation as a provocateur who makes derisive comments w/o added anything of substance. I strongly suggest you take a different tact.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Police for some reason must be slow to evolve.

How is it that camera phone have been out for more than a decade, yet police all of a sudden lose complete control and rationality when they are being used in a public place?

Sorry LEO's, we are now able to watch the watchmen everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    If there is PC of a crime, proceed. If not follow the law and do nothing - simple isn't it.
    It just can't be said any better.

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Like all government employees -- they think that they are owed a job because of the "work" they did yesterday that they have already been compensated for...we have way too many police.

Seeing videos like this just make me sick~~hopefully this man is no longer employed. These two kids were doing nothing but trying to have some fun and not breaking any laws while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Seeing videos like this just make me sick~~hopefully this man is no longer employed. These two kids were doing nothing but trying to have some fun and not breaking any laws while doing it.
    Unemployed doesn't quite do it for me.

Arrested and charged with assault and brandishing and I'll be on board.

Does he not realize that he has no expectation of privacy if he is on duty?

What would I do? If there is no crime then he becomes the criminal by assaulting me and pointing a weapon at me. He will get treated like every other potential assailant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    What would I do? If there is no crime then he becomes the criminal by assaulting me and pointing a weapon at me. He will get treated like every other potential assailant.
    That might be an exceptionally bad idea. There are better ways, less expensive ways, of resolving such.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    That might be an exceptionally bad idea. There are better ways, less expensive ways, of resolving such.
    To each their own I guess....

Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    To each their own I guess....
    I hardly stand alone on this, especially considering the extreme response suggested/implied. The "suggested" response approaches escalation and could deprive a person of some of the basic legal defenses.

Such replies as yours appear very derisive, unnecessarily so IMO.

I dont know where any of you live, but according to the law, several counts of Disorderly Conduct were committed prior to the security officers involvement. I see no reason for those guy's to be there either...
    The persons also seemed to be under the influence of something.
    When the security office first instructed them to leave, they should have left.
    I did not see any rights violations in the video. Those idiots did not have to be there at all. The store is for shopping, not loitering or creating negativity in the parking lot. I can only imagine what else that security officer has to deal with.
    Honestly, I would love to have security officers at stores in my area to keep idiots out of my way.
    "There Is A Good Reason Why That Store Spends The Money To Have Security At The Front Door"
    Also, what if it was your store??????

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast