• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ejected from Turkey Creek Chick-Fil-A

Fallguy

I have seen quite a few threads that suggest never advising the owner/manager of a business to read the law and follow the law...but isn't that actually bad advice? If the owner/manager (with the support of "corporate") expresses a firm desire to not allow OC/CC on their property, is there really any point in making it so that other OC/CC people might have trouble via the lack of "proper notice" in the future?

I say, better that they take their "scarlet letter" and post their anti-2A stance publicly. It is their right to control their property, and it is our right to be notified properly so we can take our business elsewhere with out unnecessary hassles with local LE. This is suppressing someone's property and 1A rights in favor of your 2A rights. Better to keep the high road.

If a place has posted an improper sign or you know there is a policy against carry, I'm not necessarily opposed to telling them the law.

But in this case it sounds like it was a couple of upset customers and not policy. Granted a better outcome would have been for the manager to tell other customers that it's legal and they don't have a policy to ask those legally armed to leave, but that didn't happen.

I'm not opposed to OC by any means, but I usually CC, one reason is situations like this. Whoever it is upset about carry (customers, manager or corp) in this case sounds like it was more over the sight of the gun and not against carry in general. Much better to be armed even if concealed than told to leave...at least in most cases. Know if you don't want to patronize a place that doesn't allow OC even though they would allow CC, that is a different situation.

However the main reason I suggest not telling them to check the law is even with an improper sign or a policy to ask you to leave is that you haven't violated the law by carry in there unless and until asked to leave and then don't. However if they have a properly posted sign and you happen not to see it, then you have violated the law just by walking in.

HandyHamlet

Do you really not know what happened at Chick-Fil-A on 8/1?

- OS

Yah, I do. And I could give a flying f*ck. I most certainly will not support ****** corporate frozen fast food places. Period. Especially ones trying to drum up sales by manipulating the media. And manipulating citizen drones who can't think or are too dim to think for themselves.

I'll spend my money supporting local ma and pa fast food shops who respect the Constitution, serve fresh product, and keep their mouths shut. I want their food and service, not paying for their opinion.

Fallguy

Yah, I do. And I could give a flying f*ck. I most certainly will not support ****** corporate frozen fast food places. Period. Especially ones trying to drum up sales by manipulating the media. And manipulating citizen drones who can't think or are too dim to think for themselves.

I'll spend my money supporting local ma and pa fast food shops who respect the Constitution, serve fresh product, and keep their mouths shut. I want their food and service, not paying for their opinion.

The short of it is, the CEO stated he personally was against gay marriage. This caused an uproar about gay rights groups and threats of a boycott. So in a show of support "Chick-Fil-A" day was designated for all that supported to the CEO to make a purchase at chik-fil-a that day. Many stores around the country had LONG lines and some had to close early because of running out of food. There was supposed to be a "kiss-in" the next Friday by same-sex couples, but I didn't see any media coverage of that.

For the long of it a Google search may tell you more.

carolina guy

Do you really not know what happened at Chick-Fil-A on 8/1 either?

- OS

I knew exactly what was happening and why...and I still had no intention of waiting more than a few minutes. :) In fact, I did not eat anywhere near a Chick-Fil-A that day because of spill-over lines at the other eateries.

I take my family there (or eat lunch there myself) quite frequently, and support Cathy's 1A right. However, we primarily eat there because we enjoy a couple of the menu items and the quick, friendly and accurate service. I choose to support his 1A right by continuing our normal patronage. :)

HvyMtl

901.png

Seriously, if you have issues with other's views, you will be hard pressed to find a restaurant, or any other business, which has your specific set of beliefs. Makes it hard to eat, buy stuff, and get things fixed.

Example: I am no Buddhist, but I really like the pepper chicken down at the Chinese buffet. So, I go eat there, cause I like the food. Example: I may not be a democrat, but I still buy from the bar-b-cue with the Obama signs in the drive. Cause its tasty.

Safety is another matter. It seems the franchisee here needs to be advised of his possible lost income from Permit Holders.

RebeccaC

Why on earth anyone would wait 45 minutes for frozen fast food is beyond any reasonable though.

It took me 2 hours of waiting in traffic and inside the establishment to get mine. It was NOT about the meal. It was a show of support for First Amendment rights. And it was the most amazing, heartening and uplifting show of solidarity I have seen in ages. :)

FTG-05

So, getting back to the topic at hand: Any word on the actual corporate policy? Sounds like 4sooth had the inside knowledge, it would be nice to have that confirmed then communicated down to the TP franchise and others as needed.

HandyHamlet

It took me 2 hours of waiting in traffic and inside the establishment to get mine. It was NOT about the meal. It was a show of support for First Amendment rights.

Really? Or was it to feel vindicated for having a specific opinion? The rush to find out a group of people want to impose their will on others. Not just you?

And it was the most amazing, heartening and uplifting show of solidarity I have seen in ages. :)

To feel like you are right and everyone else is wrong?

Lets be honest now.