• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drone attacks -- Obama's Little List

Ca Patriot

Forgive me for not reading though all of those links.

FACT : Japan did not have to attack America at Pearl Harbor

FACT : Japan did NOT surrender before the dropping of the first atomic bomb.

They could have if they wanted to.

FACT : Japan did not surrender after the first bomb was dropped.

jbone

That would be like arguing that we ought to have nuked Afghanistan for September 11th, no thanks.

I can't see anyone in their right mind even attempting the argument. It's as clear as global warming being a crony capitalist scheme that Japan's attack on the United States was a state sponsored act of war. Afghanistan was the country a bunch s-head radical Islamic cowards and terrorists held hostage. 9/11 was not a state sponsored attack of a foreign military, but an attack by terrorists without a country to call home.

I'm sure I'm saying anything new to anyone!

sudden valley gunner

Forgive me for not reading though all of those links.

FACT : Japan did not have to attack America at Pearl Harbor

FACT : Japan did NOT surrender before the dropping of the first atomic bomb.

FACT : Japan did not surrender after the first bomb was dropped.

Read Thomas E. Woods, "Politically Incorrect Guide to American History", he has lots of cites and other reading material to back up his history.

What was being forced upon Japan and Germany was unconditional surrender, would you surrender unconditionally? Japan asked only for a few concessions, U.S. said no bombed them then allowed them to have the few conditions anyway. The Lewrockwell link Berretta supplied is a good link. If you aren't going to read it then your mind is already made up.

sudden valley gunner

Some light reading regarding the bombings of Japan:

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v16/v16n3p-4_Weber.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/kohls7.html

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/08/hiroshima_hoax_japans_wllingne.html

Some term those who argue the bombings were unnecessary as Revisionists. I suppose if the initial events outlined at the time were factual, then yes, to change the story some decades later would constitute Revisionism. When the so-called Facts are mucky, or are proven not-Factual by more information, that is not Revisionism, it's merely what actually occurred.

I look forward to you refuting what I have linked you up with.

I have no problem with revisionist history when the current state approved and accepted vision is wrong. :eek:

Ca Patriot

What was being forced upon Japan and Germany was unconditional surrender, would you surrender unconditionally? Japan asked only for a few concessions, U.S. said no bombed them then allowed them to have the few conditions anyway.

My heart goes out to them.......

sudden valley gunner

QUOTE=Ca Patriot;1801432]My heart goes out to them.......[/QUOTE]

What if China and Russia decide to fight against our imperial actions in the rest of the world? Many of us here would seek to be left alone and seek a buffer zone of safety , what if China and Russia said nope, you have to give up everything you hold dear as Americans......

The deal Japan wanted before getting nuked is very close to the deal they got after getting nuked....so why did we nuke them? Killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians?

Last edited:

jbone

The deal Japan wanted before getting nuked is very close to the deal they got after getting nuked....so why did we nuke them? Killing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians?

“President Harry Truman had many alternatives at his disposal for ending the war: invade the Japanese mainland, hold a demonstration of the destructive power of the atomic bomb for Japanese dignitaries, drop an atomic bomb on selected industrial Japanese cities, bomb and blockade the islands, wait for Soviet entry into the war on August 15, or mediate a compromised peace”

“Harry Truman in 1945 "regarded the [atomic] bomb as a military weapon and never had any doubt it should be used."

Reading his 1958 letter, I’d say he had a change of heart, but that dosn’t say that he was wrong in 1945.

President Eisenhower, in a speech to the United Nations General Assembly, on December 8, 1953, stated,

Even a vast superiority in numbers of weapons, and a consequent capability of devastating material retaliation, is no preventive, of itself, against the fearful material damage and toll of human lives that would be inflicted by surprise aggression"

I feel the atomic bombing was a horrific necessity, in 1945. In 2012, and moving forward if we were ever to lose our means of first strike, or total capabilities of absolute conflict resolution then we as a nation will be doomed.

http://www.trumanlibrary.org/teacher/abomb.htm#follow

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Reading his 1958 letter, I’d say he had a change of heart, but that dosn’t say that it, he was wrong in 1945.

I feel the atomic bombing was a horrific necessity, in 1945. In 2012, and moving forward if we were ever to lose our means of first strike, or total capabilities of absolute conflict resolution then we as a nation will be doomed.

Of course they have to rationalize their actions after the fact. :lol:

SFCRetired

Rather strange that everyone focuses on the events at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but no one seems to know or care about what happened at Dresden, Germany. Casualty estimates go as high as 500,000 people from just one raid.

As much as he is despised in my part of the country (yes, even in this day and age), General William Tecumseh Sherman got it right, "War is Hell!"

I just hope I do not live to see the day that Americans again make war on their own countrymen. I fear, though, that the day is rapidly approaching.

jbone

General William Tecumseh Sherman got it right, "War is Hell!"

The understanding and acceptance of War is Hell, along with winning is fading. PC is destroying America's will to fight those who threaten our freedom. Damn shame I say!

Ca Patriot

I left would also like you to believe that being killed by a bullet or a conventional bomb is better than dying from a nuclear blast.

I am glad Amerca won the war.

I lived in Japan for 2 years and its agreat country.

I say both countries came out victorious.

Ca Patriot

geez, yahoo doesnt even attempt to hide its far left wing liberal hatred of america.

its the stupid american liberals who want to keep this issue alive and make sure it further divides japan and america over an issue that is OVER and between two countries who have agreat relationship and a peaceful relationship.

i lived in japan for two years and its a NON ISSUE among japanese. there are very few people left in either coutry who even experienced pearl harbor or hiroshima.

of course though,the liberal americans who hate winning wars and who have an anti-war and anti-nuclear arms agenda have to constantly bring this issue up .

traitors, thats what they are.

sudden valley gunner

Rather strange that everyone focuses on the events at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but no one seems to know or care about what happened at Dresden, Germany. Casualty estimates go as high as 500,000 people from just one raid.

As much as he is despised in my part of the country (yes, even in this day and age), General William Tecumseh Sherman got it right, "War is Hell!"

I just hope I do not live to see the day that Americans again make war on their own countrymen. I fear, though, that the day is rapidly approaching.

Good point. Innocent civilians destroyed from planes far out of reach.

The understanding and acceptance of War is Hell, along with winning is fading. PC is destroying America's will to fight those who threaten our freedom. Damn shame I say!

Ah but the other side of that PC coin is that we should never talk bad about our government and their military actions. I have seen too many family members killed and destroyed by war.....I will no longer remain PC about it.

I am no pacifist, I will fight for my country my freedom, I will not fight for and will not idolize my government on a Federal or State level.

PistolPackingMomma

Good point. Innocent civilians destroyed from planes far out of reach.

Ah but the other side of that PC coin is that we should never talk bad about our government and their military actions. I have seen too many family members killed and destroyed by war.....I will no longer remain PC about it.

I am no pacifist, I will fight for my country my freedom, I will not fight for and will not idolize my government on a Federal or State level.

+1

DangerClose

What if China and Russia decide to fight against our imperial actions in the rest of the world? Many of us here would seek to be left alone and seek a buffer zone of safety , what if China and Russia said nope, you have to give up everything you hold dear as Americans......

Hopefully at least Americans would start blaming the warmongers who thought policing the world and invading other countries was a good idea.